Get rid of this

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by rschlierer, Jan 8, 2016.

1. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    No need to apologize, that's exactly what I thought initially. But what would that leave us with, a discussion forum where people can make any kind of statements which then go unanswered? Obviously that's what lead to frustration in the first place, feeling ignored....

That's why I mentioned us as a community (as in community support forum), this is our place and if someone shits in our backyard then I for one take the liberty of pointing out that I'm not in favour of such behaviour.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Rodent

Rodent Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +323 / 0 / -0
    Just gonna be a stickler for details here Christian and point out we're not even in the community support forum. :p

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    I am rubber, you are steel.

Just to clarify, I view the whole forum as a community (support) forum.

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Brandon Wright

Brandon Wright Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +312 / 0 / -0
    Totally understandable dude, we've all been there and the snarky responses (while also understandable) don't do anything to help or paint a proper picture of the wonderful community you've found here. R3E (and PC games in general) has made me swear more than once, that's for sure. It can be frustrating at times, but there's usually a solution out there somewhere.

Back to the point, the problems you encountered aren't normal so something is afoot, and my guess is that it might be something fairly simple to sort out (with a little help). I'm not exactly sure what it could be but there are many knowledgable and friendly people around who would be more than happy to help you out and get the problems sorted if you want to give it another go. R3E is still maturing but it's a fun sim with a lot of promise, great content, and the cleanest/friendliest drivers I've ever encountered so I'd certainly recommend giving it another go because I don't think you'd regret it. Oh, and S3S are possibly the best (and most helpful) devs in the business.

Let's wipe the slate clean, toss back a few pints and cool down a bit, and then have another look at it and see if we can get you up and running because what you experienced is not typical of R3E. @J-F Chardon is one of the main dude's at S3S and has offered to help get you sorted and I'm confident that between him and the other smart dudes around here we'll have you trying to tame a Group 5 beasty in no time. :)

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  5. William Wester

William Wester Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +70 / 0 / -0
    I just ignored the rant, not worth my time to reply.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Brandon Wright

Brandon Wright Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +312 / 0 / -0
    Understandable, for sure. But we need all the R3E players we can get so hopefully we can put that behind us and get him up and running and show him what a great community we have here. :)

• Like Like x 2
  7. matteman

matteman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +128 / 0 / -0
    You sound like another well educated New Zealander.:p

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Jll02

Jll02 Member

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    19 "Disagrees"?

Some kind of a record?

9. alesi27

alesi27 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +233 / 0 / -0
    Trying to play UN here but I think everyone should calm down a little.Of course,the OP was a somewhat harsh in his wording but following posters dont have to follow down that route.Instead,some calm and appreciative responses could have lowered the tempos.So, please everyone,chill. Peace,out:rolleyes:

10. big metal fan

big metal fan Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    For me, the game installed and booted up with no problems at all. The issue for me was that when I started, I had no wheel yet, and was using an Xbox controller. The game was basically unplayable. I couldn't feel anything, or make the car steer at all, so I simply didn't touch it again for seven months. Got my G27, tried it again, finally dialed it in, and now I'm only playing RRRE and DiRT Rally.

This game is killer, man. Try it again.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. shardshunt

shardshunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    I just used global common knowledge... if global refers to the lower half of the world and common knowledge refers to stereotypes we see on facebook.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  12. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    It actually works great with the 360 as well!
    The racing game with the best pad playability of all I've tried, and I have most of them.;)
    Even better than the arcade racers made for pads!.. :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, it works just fine with a 360 pad after a few adjustments. I play this way quite a lot as it's often not possible to set up my wheel when I want to get on R3E.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Ty Duff

Ty Duff Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +54 / 0 / -0
    I take offence to being called racist based on my country of origin.

• Funny Funny x 2
  15. Alice Margatroid

Alice Margatroid Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +56 / 0 / -0
    If your not offending at least 10 people each day, you are not being yourself enough. thats the golden rule to live by. :

• Like Like x 2
  16. ΔΞΘΠ

ΔΞΘΠ New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I had to have a friend send me their G27 profile to get my G29 working as it should [I think] which is odd. They are fundamentally the exact same wheel just updated internals which does feel better than the G27 in my opinion. Without the G27 profile it seems to have the opposite of a centering spring effect. Meaning everytime the wheel leaves center it feels as if it wants to stay away from center which makes driving a circuit even more challenging than it should be. The game does seem to be better than what most devs release these days, there's just some things that bother me. Such as the GUI. I prefer having more information on screen rather than having to navigate through several screens to gather the same amount of information. It really looks like a 60 year old created the GUI. Talk about fatigue, I only have so much energy. Next 1 car is listed as 23 cars, just to show there are 23 liveries you can purchase. I can see the design choice is to have players choose and keep that livery per car. Maybe this is what the devs strived for and intended, I don't know. Anyway, I think the GUI really needs redesigned because I'm nowhere near blind.

17. Peter Koch

Peter Koch Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +191 / 0 / -0
    @ΔΞΘΠ
    You need to turn on reversed ffb for Logitech wheels.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. ΔΞΘΠ

ΔΞΘΠ New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Aha thanks for that!