Known Upcoming Content/Features

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rodger Davies, Jan 31, 2015.

1. Naratik

Naratik Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Yes (maybe without Ford because it was only a guest car for the hockenheim race also not sure about the Camaro because I think I only saw him at the first race at Oschersleben) and also Spa should be in the pack. I wait everday for some new news about the '15 Pack : /

2. Tuborg

Tuborg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +455 / 0 / -0
    What is the difference between 2014 and 2015 in addition to the Bentley?

3. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    No Ruf either in that pack, but we will be able to mix the Ruf from GTR3 with ADAC once we have multiclass.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Naratik

Naratik Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    The new liveries, Spa is also in the pack, Bentley, Nissian GTR, maybe Ford GT and yea I think thats it just an update as usual. I think the GT3 Physic Update was also an result of the '15 pack and it was planned to release it simultaneously but then they got the Bentley license and now we wait until theyre finished with it : /

But the '16 will have many new models... Im still curious if they really manage to get all new models til the end of the season.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. gio_vtec

gio_vtec Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +117 / 0 / -0
    i like the blancpain GT series, so i need few tracks to run the custom championship, are they working on brands hatch GP? cuz we have short one.

6. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    If they are, they haven't told us. Brands Hatch GP is one of the most requested tracks by the community.

7. Sayjimwoo

Sayjimwoo Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    I hope there won't be too many more cars/tracks before a full release, it is already nearly bursting at the seams.
    You are likely to utilise all features in the finished game but you probably won't race all the cars or even test them if you have everything.

8. Racki

Racki Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +131 / 0 / -0
    Do the GTR3 class and the GT Masters class have the same balance of performance?

afaik GT Masters is regulated by the DMSB and on international series FIA and SRO do the balancing.

I hope the team keeps things simple and a GT3 is always a GT3, no matter which series is simulated.

9. Naratik

Naratik Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    As far as I know before the GT3 Physics update the adac gt masters cars were a little bit faster bit with the physics update they made all gt3 cars (adac and gtr3) equal.

10. Racki

Racki Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +131 / 0 / -0
    I guess thats why the shop has got a new (empty) menu item for game features. :)

... I just cant imagine how this could work.
    anyway I would give some bucks for weather, night, multiclass, ... but not for fuel management or savable setups

11. tpw

tpw Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    I assume you mean the reward from coding features vs the reward from producing content? Since we'll never know the sales numbers, we'll just have to assume that it is. The long term reward from coding much needed features is that people might actually stay with the game and recommend it to others. Should we end up in a situation where content sales simply fund the development of more content, I'm sure many people (me included) would reconsider their loyalty to S3S.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +594 / 0 / -0
    Yes, they are thankfully. A Z4 is a Z4 in GTM '14, GTM '13 and GT3.

13. Ernie

Ernie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    Good find. I'm curious about it too.

14. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    This got me thinking so i had a quick look at the pcars server list approx. 70 fully paid players in euro servers, RR had 10 players in paid for content, Monday morning at 2am. at 12.30 just now there were 100+ all paid for in pcars and 1 in paid for content in RR + 10 in the free tracks. Thats a lot of customers playing elsewhere or they just think this game is crap online and stick to offline, i dont know the answer but i know where i would rather have the players playing.
    Adding more paid content may attract a few more players but not as many as features and fixes will, especially like you said good word of mouth alongside good reviews will get people buying the game, 1 bad experience posted on a localised forum will put anyone in or around that forum off the game and vice versa.

This rightly or wrongly is how i see the game.

15. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Do you honestly think it's that easy? Push button A followed by pulling lever B and the god of games will throw some players at you?
    How are you so sure those users in Project Cars actually payed for the content they were using?
    Think again. How much money do you reckon they generate with selling content, and how much do you estimate it costs to run Raceroom AG (publisher), Sector3 Studios (developer) and Raceroom Racing Experience (product)?

Just in case you haven't found it, https://forum.sector3studios.com/index.php?threads/raceroom-patchnotes-thread.261/#post-2345 this and all the following posts contain every addition and change made in R3E in the past year.
    I'm having a very hard time thinking of any other developer making that amount of progress in one year, also and especially feature-wise.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Not Lifting Off

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    Yes, it seems they pressed the button and pulled the lever in the wrong order!!!
    There is no demo, you have to assume that they are paid customers.
    I dont need to think again, im a paying customer, i dont need to know nor care what is going on behind the scenes, all i care about is what is on screen in front of me, the end product!! Simplistic.
    As for how much do i think they generate, enough to make a GOOD living off, but not as much as they could!
    Can you quote figures?
    I know you would never think another game developer would release fixes, patches and updates.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2016
  17. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Uhh, not sure if I want to get into this debate, you sound a little furious and it's hard to reason with raging people.

But just to clarify, what I meant with the pCars question was that the game is being pirated quite heavily, so I think simply assuming everyone who's using it is a paying customer is a false assumption.
    Yet that is exactly what you're doing when you worry about what that money they generate goes into... Why? You bought the game as is, if you didn't like it the way it is, why did you buy it?
    I can't quote figures, but I can do some maths.
    S3S consists of about 10 people, Raceroom the same, might be even more. Let's say they are payed 2500 € a month, double that to cover social security, insurance, taxes etc. so it's roughly 5000 € per employee and month. Do you really think they generate 100.000 € (or even 50.000 €, taking into account only the people of S3S) every month with selling content? And that is leaving all cost for infrastructure aside, rent, energy, servers, taxes etc. etc.
    There is a reason a wealthy individual such as Klaus Wohlfarth is the CEO of a game developing studio...
    Read that sentence again, maybe you'll find that I said nothing like this. But can you name one developer of comparable size that made such progress in one year? And my point wasn't about other devs anyway, it was about you claiming S3S doesn't work on features/updates/fixes, which is simply not true.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    I think Christian's got you there fella.

I started getting into Raceroom in April and the progress since then has been awesome. Yes, we'd all like more features and things, but the size of the team and the size of the task have to be taken into consideration.

This small team who are happy to communicate with customers and be open about their product and its strengths and weaknesses makes the longer standing customers (myself included) keen to defend the game and the team

• Agree Agree x 5
  19. Stefan Mizzi

Stefan Mizzi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +625 / 0 / -0
    I'm watching your back Jim....

[​IMG]

• Love it! Love it! x 1
  20. Not Lifting Off

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    Furious, where you get that from i dont know :) Its even harder to reason without taking the blinkers off!

Your assumption is worse than mine, ok i`ll be generous and give you 50% pirated, there were still 50x more people at that moment in time playing pcars than RR.
    I like this game too, come on, 120,000 members on the pcars forum! pc xbox ps a tight third 40,000 pc members?

About, might be, lets say, roughly.
    How much do they generate?
    Well, you tell me!
    How much does it cost to run?
    Again, you tell me.
    Doing the maths making assumptions, you cant defend it without facts and figures. We can all pull figures out of the air and make assumptions rightly or wrongly.
    Agree to differ till next time :)
    Have a good day.

Edit:- I dont know where the thought that im attacking the game came from, i want it bigger, better and busier, nothing more nothing less.

As for Jim and Stefan :p