App Offical release of Crew chief version 4 - auto updating and shiny

Discussion in 'Community Workshop' started by mr_belowski, Jul 29, 2015.

1. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    Meh, spent a couple of miserable hours farting about in Python and I think I might throw the towel in. Python is so comically and impossibly inadequate for *anything* even remotely complex. I have a byte array of raw data I want to send to a socket. It's made up of bytes that I create. Some represent 8bit ints, some single bytes combine data from multiple smaller values (flags etc). Some of these bytes are encoded Strings, some are multi-byte values like Floats.

Python, being the retarded piece of crap it is, likes to treat all things as Strings. So when I send this byte array to a socket Python wants to know the String encoding of the data. Because, after all, everything in the world is a String. But this *isn't* a String and does *NOT HAVE A BLOODY ENCODING*.

I hate it. Hate hate hate hate. And I think I'm going to just give up.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Stefan Mizzi

Stefan Mizzi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +625 / 0 / -0
    Lol, like I said before I did not even bother trying, but good luck :)

3. Mich Angel

Mich Angel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +216 / 0 / -0
    And update works flawless, awesome jobb :D
    When money come I'll donate to you this is frecking great love this program :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Stefan Mizzi

Stefan Mizzi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +625 / 0 / -0
    Jim, having said that, I am using the AC shared API, not sure if the python one has more info but if you want I'll give you all my AC classes I use....

5. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    The info I need is half in the shared memory, half in the python api. I really do take my hat off to anyone who's been able to build a worthwhile app with the python api. Working with it is just unbearable

6. Hugh

Hugh Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    Outstanding update to a fantastic app Sir..

7. Tarik Userli

Tarik Userli Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +578 / 0 / -0
    Is anyone interested in a german Crewchief?

• Like Like x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  8. M4IRC1IE

M4IRC1IE Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +68 / 0 / -0
    Yes, when it would be implemented in the app to choose the Language would be nice.

• Like Like x 1
  9. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    Some fella's been hard at work with an Italian translation too. I'll do my best to support these but it's quite tricky

• Like Like x 1
  10. Tarik Userli

Ratings:
    +578 / 0 / -0
    what i do is to hear every single clip and translate it, thats my way. Hard and long way ;)

Maybe i need your radio sound that my voice match the same sound like yours

• Love it! Love it! x 1
  11. Tarik Userli

Ratings:
    +578 / 0 / -0
    Ok, i translate some clips and use the radio filter from Jim, and then u can give my voice a go or not. I dont want translate over 1000 files for nothing ;)

3000 files...holy shit ;)

• Love it! Love it! x 1
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2016
  12. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    more than half of those are driver names, which aren't strictly necessary. Although it does add to the tension when you enter a server with a VIP driver, and the app starts saying stuff like "Glock is reeling you in, the gap is now 2 seconds". It's hard to remain calm under such circumstances :)

[edit] I'm happy to provide the Audacity filter chain details, or can even do the filtering for you if you want. I made a little sound pack app that unpacks all the folders into a single flat directory (renaming the files as it goes along). This allow Audacity to apply filter chains to the whole sound pack, then the same app can repack the filtered files into their correct folders

• Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  13. Tarik Userli

Ratings:
    +578 / 0 / -0
    Okay, i have told my girlfriend that im next months just in my dark small room with a lot of hot coffee and recording small clips....

They......WTF! :D

• Love it! Love it! x 1
  14. Exxon

Exxon Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    Hello Mr. Belowski. I downloaded the new version of you and behold the spotters working again and I get the orders. What I find really great is the AutoUpdate. And what's also great that you can also simply install the driver name and the sound to me just one click. Absolutely beautiful. What I would naturally find very very great if it would give the orders in other languages. In German, it would be wonderful. :rolleyes:I know that's a lot of work maybe it will someday work.:)

15. Alice Margatroid

Alice Margatroid Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +56 / 0 / -0
    I love this app, I do wonder how hard it would be to make it work with the older simbin games, or other gmoter games as well. namly I would love to use it with stock car extreme, and gtr2 gtl and race 07

16. tpw

tpw Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    So are you saying that you don't like Python then?

I use Python in my day job (bioinformatics) and for handling enormous amounts of string data it's a revelation. But, horses for courses!

Anyway, I don't really care what language you use as long as you keep the Crew Chief goodness coming - it's an amazing app that transforms R3E.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. Exxon

Exxon Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    Hello Mr. Belowski I have the following problem. When I start the program the test radio check can be heard through loudspeakers. But I have a headset and driving with headset. The tone in Teamspeak or the sound of the racing game can be heard through the headset. Only the statements from the crew chief I do not hear about headset. Where could be the problem?:(

18. J-F Chardon

J-F Chardon KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +5,041 / 0 / -0
    Nice one!

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    Exxon, the app will use the windows default audio playback device. This can be set in the windows control panel. Not sure if this will help, but worth a look.

Glad you like it J F. Our little scrap at norisring kept it busy yesterday evening :)

• Like Like x 3
  20. Exxon

Exxon Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    Hello Mr. Belowski. I found the mistake. It was because of the settings of Creative. I had to switch from 7.1 to headphones in the settings.:)