My feedback

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Zouave, Jan 17, 2016.

1. Zouave

Zouave New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Post your feedback here.

• Disagree Disagree x 5
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2016
  2. Mich Angel

Mich Angel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +216 / 0 / -0
    I urge you to start driving in get real and get used to that then you will feel the true potential of the sim.. ;)
    and your view of it will defenetly be different ;)

And take it from this long comment, are you aware that this is a Beta version of the game and the multiplayer is just Alpha and it is under development, I for one have never seen a Beta or a Alpha this good in any genre of any game ever before!?!

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    You will always be faster if you don't hit a wall. Always. For me that's enough punishment. ;)

• Agree Agree x 8
  4. The Angry Hamster

The Angry Hamster Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +148 / 0 / -0
    In terms of novice mode, I think many MANY people fail to take into account that some people do not have full faculties/ability to utilize their entire bodies like others do. For situations like this, things like Novice mode, mouse steering, heavy aids like auto-braking, and other things may allow someone, who otherwise wouldn't be able, to play a racing game. So something you might see as 'irrelevant' or 'unnecessary' might be vital to someone else's enjoyment of the game.

The posit that Trackmania Nations was successful simply because you could be competitive with a keyboard is both vastly underestimating what actually makes TmN fun and also not understanding the large amount of players that have controllers of some kind.

For the UI, it has gone through iterations before and will go through more iterations in the future. However, from a design perspective making something larger just because one user, or set of users, deems it more important than others is not 'a basic rule.' Instead it actually misunderstands that not everyone is you and you are not everyone. Some people don't even use the multiplayer button, but they wouldn't argue (or at least shouldn't) that it should be removed from the front menu.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Ouvert

Ouvert Active Member

Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -0
    yep, unless you turn vehicle over the roof or leave tracks with all four wheel you are fine .. at least for Pikes Peak, I guess most point to point events would have similiar rules ... if you don`t wreck your car, lost time is penalisation enough ..

• Agree Agree x 2
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2016
  6. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    What is often forgotten, R3E is basically a "modded" version of the software used in the Raceroom venues and trucks, f.e. Raceroom Cafe at Nürburgring.
    [​IMG]

And as you can see those aren't mainly aimed at hardcore simmers but everybody visiting a race track or event, especially kids and people who might not be that interested in the actual racing going on. And if you imagine children trying to use something like R3E with a wheel and pedals you can imagine that it wouldn't be a pleasurable experience for them if they had to use Get Real, even Amateur can be a handful. Novice is really something for very unexperienced users, kids, newcomers to gaming and as Angry Hamster mentioned people with certain bodily limitations.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. shardshunt

shardshunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    1,people do not understand if you break in novice the car will not break for you, the novice breaking aid is to stop people missing the corner and if is effectively a mild penalty for not breaking in time.
    2, auto will always be worse than manual this is true in real life and iin sims, this will not change untill we get rid of traditional gear based transmissions altogether, learn manual its really not that hard(try starting in a five speed touring classic)
    3, this game is not 'free to play' in the traditional sense that is just a tag given to all free games on steam, this game is a free to play in that you get the base game free but can buy expansions in the form of packs or/and micro transaction.

8. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    mmmmm this is wrong .....

your not forced to buy anything , you can stay with the base package and play for free in every mode the game has to offer

so your statements a tad wrong

Andi

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. shardshunt

shardshunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    edited (chose the wrong word)

10. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    wooop ;)

Andi

• Like Like x 1
  11. Hannes Wallstedt

Hannes Wallstedt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280 / 0 / -0
    Hello @Zouave,

Thanks for the feedback. While I can't go into details on everything I can say that we are looking into some of the areas you bring up in your post.

For example, we are going to be taking another look at our "lower" difficulties to see what we can do for users who don't have access to steering wheels or even gamepads to see if we can make their experience more enjoyable.

• Like Like x 3
  12. Ocaso Dorado

Ocaso Dorado Active Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    If braking ain't anough use this:
    [​IMG]

Let the drivers solve their personal problems on the track... just raid the insinificant bugs that are getting my experience driving on my nerves.

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  13. Kostadin Kostadinov

Kostadin Kostadinov Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +84 / 0 / -0
    When I installed R3E I had no wheel, I was looking for a G27 at the time. So naturally when I decided to test the game I did it with a keyboard using the "Amateur" difficulty. I was surprised by how well the combo worked for me, even on unfamiliar track with an unfamiliar car. But maybe that's just me.

• Informative Informative x 1
  14. Fleskebacon

Fleskebacon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +258 / 0 / -0
    Perhaps an interesting idea to justify the "free to play"-concept?

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Mich Angel

Ratings:
    +216 / 0 / -0
    And you only get the vrp if you stay in the race untill it is finished that meaning untill the result page pop up ;) but not if you get disqualified or log out from race before result pop up :p

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Ocaso Dorado

Ocaso Dorado Active Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    Why people ask for free VRP when there's lot of free of them on competitions, go for them!

17. Ouvert

Ouvert Active Member

Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -0
    that would be interested concept ... being paid for clean racing and for finishing races in vRP :)
    like if you finnish race you`ll get 50 vRP, if you damage the car, but still finnish some of those vRPs will be "used to repair" the car and you`ll get less .. etc ..

it is not about getting free vRPs .. it is about motivating people to race clean and stay in race ..
    On public servers I don`t even care if I catch the qualyfing as at the end of first lap I`ll be TOP3 from last position just cause everybody in a front of me wreck or wreck and leave .. than is just about trying to catch guy in a front of you with 8 seconds advantage in 8-10 laps left ..

18. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Although I'm not fond of such reward systems, this sounds kinda interesting and useful in terms of disciplining people.

But (well, you know me guys) only until the servers go belly up the first time. Now this might surprise you, but it does happen on rare occasions. ;)
    Would people be eligible for their reward if they get kicked from the server in mid race? Whose fault was it (S3S, ISP, user)? What about idiot rammers that annoy the crap out of people just so they leave the server and don't get their reward?
    And we'd need 100 % failsafe (statistics) servers first.
    Plus S3S doesn't even remotely have the manpower to handle all those complaints and inquiries that would flood in if something went wrong.

So as fun and even useful this might sound, it would mean major hassle and I doubt they'd be willing to put that on top of what's already in need of doing.

My 2cts.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Mich Angel

Ratings:
    +216 / 0 / -0
    And the chance to win those are like what!!!
    Doesn't realize that suggestion was meant to give a small carrot, think you underestimate the amount of time and mileage you need to do to get even 10 vrp like that...... but I think it would give alot more cleaner race..

And I think only vrp for milage in online race would do it but not all would bother anyways, To get 1vrp/10km You need to be a ware 100 laps on 5km track it is about 120 minute race. For that you would get about50vrp if you finished that meaning drive all laps you can for the duration of the race, without crashing out (DNF) or being disqualified or loged out before result popup for that wich mean to earn 1000 vrp on a 5km track you need to race online for about 2000+ laps so this is not a big carrot.
    But it is one small reward for completing a race, no matter what position no extras for anyone wining or not just finish it .. ;)
    That is not realy free vrp is it....

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    Won by the same aliens over and over.

• Agree Agree x 4