Released Cadillac CTS-V & Sonoma Raceway

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by KW Studios, Jan 30, 2015.

1. bones427j

bones427j New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    L;ooking forward to sonoma that's a kickass track. and hello everyone nice to be here.

2. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    Sonoma is already out! :)

3. Brian Clancy

Brian Clancy Member

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    Sonoma is an utter joy in R3E, looks superb and drives even better!

• Agree Agree x 5
  4. SwaggerJacker

SwaggerJacker Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    As long as a game can be modded it can compete. Yes, I know some mods are crap, but some are superb. I love both sims almost equally. It just depends on how bad I'm driving on a particular day. :D

Swagg

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Thomas Friedrich

Thomas Friedrich Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +192 / 0 / -0
    I'm very happy that R3E can't be modded... and with S3 bringing new content so regular and in a great quality, I don't miss modded content at all. S3 brought us a bunch of new tracks, series, cars in such a short period of time and the outlook for 2015, with the content S3 already teasered, is also great!

...by the way, did I mention that Sonoma is really awesome!:D

• Agree Agree x 12
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Zonic2001

Zonic2001 Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    CTS... where are you????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? LOL

7. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    For me it isn't!
    I have really tried to like AC lately, but I just can't come back to how I liked it back when I first got it 1½ years ago.. .

I really love Ferraris and also the Lotus 49 and Lotus 98T, so I do return for a couple of hot laps from time to time.
    And I actually got the dream pack only for the Alfa Romeo GTA and 155 Ti V6 ‘93! :rolleyes:
    But I'm not having fun in AC compared to what I have in other sims anymore!..

• Agree Agree x 6
  8. SwaggerJacker

SwaggerJacker Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    Never said I wanted mods in R3E. If they were that important, I wouldn't own it. However, I do love me some free stuff from the modding community. I get that fix with other sims. Just saying IMHO AC does compete, and very well. That isn't a bad thing.

Swagg

9. Jsood

Jsood New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Nice pack but you forgot Daytona 24h layout ;-)

10. Tobias Schröder

Tobias Schröder Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +273 / 0 / -0
    This topic is no longer a Preview, isn't it?

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Tim Cannon

Tim Cannon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +255 / 0 / -0
    Loving the Cadillac. I don't see many times on the leaderboards with it. So I decided to try some of the more curvy tracks with it. Wow. Improved drastically on zandvoort and nurburgring, and temporarily got #1 on Sachsenring and Sonoma long.

12. Drei

Drei Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +82 / 0 / -0
    it is not bad at all, imo the breaks are the best in the category, the tail is very stable, the whole car is pretty predictable. I think it is perfect for slower/curvy tracks, it little bit lacks of speed/acceleraton, so for fast tracks prolly not the best (on monza i run around 1 sec slower than vette).

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Zonic2001

Zonic2001 Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    Wow... what different wheel and game set-ups do... my experience with the Cady is contrary to you two. I like to run it on fast tracks... it handles the turns very good but as long as you are close to the car in front of you at the beginning of the straight away, I have more top end... I pass constantly on the straights. I gain on the turns but pass on the straights ... most of the times...LOL I pass on some wide turns... love it. This is very insteresting. Have fun guys!

14. Rella

Rella Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108 / 0 / -0
    In deed and I wonder how did you achieve "more top end"...wings 1-1? :p Had yesterday two MP races with the Cadi on Hockenheim and Nürburgring but couldn't close the gaps on the long straights. Actually the Rufs were pulling away even when I was in their slipstream. But on the brakes and in slow corners the Cadi seems to have some advantages. So I think that's another nice example how S3 balances cars that are quite contrary but you can achieve similar laptimes. I like this mixture and it makes the GTR2 class more interesting or "colourful"

15. Zonic2001

Zonic2001 Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    I should have stated that my Cadi experience was in the game not in MP. Sorry for the difference which was not stated properly.