Question FOV

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by RomKnight, Mar 9, 2015.

1. RomKnight

RomKnight Active Member

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    From the FAQ
    I have two questions about this. Excuse me if already answered but looking for "fov setup" fov settings" or "field of view" only points to the FAQ which... does not help, sp:

1- what about the other multipliers?
    2- will we have the option to set this up properly by choosing the appropriate value instead of random values like 1 2 3 (without any further explanation)
    3- ofc, I use 3 screens so, proper support would be the correct way to do it with separate rendering for each monitor.
    <rhetorical rant> Not Sector3 specific but why on earth at this day and age is triple screen still a low priority in racing games? </rhetorical rant>

2. MaXyM

MaXyM Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    ad1. What do you mean?
    ad2. I also would like to see real units instead of some unknown range. But since 99.99 of us have to set it up regarding all limitations, it really doesn't matter. I believe real units will appear with proper 3 monitor support.
    ad3. I also wait for this feature. I believe there might be a few answers. First of all, we are still in minority (even if multi-monitor setup match simracing better than most other genres of gaming). Second, it is FPS hungry. Maybe current gfx engine is not able to provide this feature with acceptable fps loss. Maybe it requires some more optimizations which costs time to develop. Third, some devs might want not to agree with half-baked solution (like rF/rF2) wanting to provide it as complex as possible, covering all nuances. But it requires more resources (I mean man days of work) to make it right.

Those are my guesses.
    But it has been told, it will be implemented.. once ;) I'm looking forward for this.

3. RomKnight

RomKnight Active Member

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    Yeah I know 3screens will be supported.
    About 1) you have a multiplier of 1 and two and 3 IIRC (i set it up once and forgot about it). What are the values for those?
    Hopefully it didn't change or i'm looking silly here :D

4. Johnny Latebraker

Johnny Latebraker Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    Does anyone know how to reset the Cockpitview? I mean that view that was from the beginning, the first start. Thx.

5. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Not really clear to me what you mean by "reset" ? There are several buttons and options (FOV) to configure it to your own liking no matter if sitting literally on the dashboard or as far as watching from the "backseat"(???)

6. nickh158

nickh158 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    options>video settings>field of view.
    Change it to 1.0

7. Johnny Latebraker

Johnny Latebraker Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    No No noo_O At the very first Start you got that Cockpitview that's set by Sector3. Than you can change it with Seat up, down etc. I've done this. Now i want the view that's set by Sector3 from the First Start of the Game without install it from scratch

8. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Alright, got it...well yes would be a good idea to have a reset button for this, but unfortunately it seems you have to "reset" manually - maybe S3 can give you the original values....or someone who didn`t change his standard cockpit view...

9. machwebb

machwebb Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +224 / 0 / -0
    My seat position is different for most cars, fov stays the same..

10. RomKnight

RomKnight Active Member

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    Seat position and FOV are obviously different things. I just wanted to know what multipliers mean in FOV value:
    1x = 58FOV

what about the other multipliers?

Since I rarely use default seat position, the reset doesn't mean squat to me but nice to know as well :)

11. cjbifidus

cjbifidus Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/fov.92893/#post-1818365

There you have it, multiplier/fov table ;)

• Like Like x 3
  12. Libor Sabrik

Libor Sabrik New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    please, i have the same problem

13. c3lix

c3lix Active Member

Ratings:
    +43 / 0 / -0
    \Documents\My Games\SimBin\RaceRoom Racing Experience\UserData\CarSetups
    delete the .uvm files in there and your seat position is reseted

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  14. ozcanuck55

ozcanuck55 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +145 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the tips...I tried to use the recommend FOV (crap 21" screen) from the calculator, but it was too much, too claustrophobic...I've settled on .8 for RRE and around 45 or so for AC...better but not extreme. Never thought of it before! May mess around with seat position now.......

15. Tom Shane

Tom Shane Active Member

Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0
    Even if your FOV is not 100% correct and you settle for a reasonable compromise, make sure, you have it the same in all sims (hFOV vs. vFOV etc.) and also don't change it on a per-car basis, rather move your virtual seat.