Released DTM Experience 2015

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by RaceRoom, Oct 21, 2015.

1. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Yep, all the experience stuff will be locked until you buy the pack.

2. F_FLETCHER

F_FLETCHER Active Member

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    It`s fun to drive this competition.grat work S3!!! ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Bence Bánki

Bence Bánki Active Member

Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0
    Am I the only one who finds these cars barely driveable in comparison with the beta (used during the previous Virtual Championship)? Since the splitter can't be adjusted, I lack front end grip, and the rear is way too responsive.

• Agree Agree x 4
  4. Adam Jonas

Adam Jonas Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +222 / 0 / -0
    Nope, you're not alone. I really hope that the guys at Sector3 give this DTM '15 physics as a New Year's joke.

5. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Well that makes at least two of you :).....can't agree less on the physics thing, like all recently updated cars and classes (like GTR3) I fully appreciate the changes....takes some time to adapt and tweak....

• Agree Agree x 5
  6. William Wester

William Wester Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +70 / 0 / -0
    Hmm, what's not to like with DTM 2015 physics? I'm faster with these than 2013/2014 but actually not that much different.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Moritz Löhner

Moritz Löhner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +621 / 0 / -0
    The physics are way better than before.
    And because they were developed with real DTM drivers we all should be happy "I want as much realism as possible!". :)

• Agree Agree x 8
  8. sixaxis-76

sixaxis-76 Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    Maybe you're right but I'm not sure about it. On watching races on TV the DTM cars looks really light from the rear... It's a special car behaviour. Many pro drivers meets difficulties with them, even F1 ones. Think of Jean Alesi "LOL", Ralf Schumacher or Mika Hakkinen.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Bence Bánki

Bence Bánki Active Member

Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0
    Even if these cars are that much oversteerish (which, I have to admit, is easily possible), there is still no reason for the horrible understeer in the turn-in phase. Having either understeer or oversteer is pretty common and there are some tips and tricks to adopt your style and set-up to it. However, the balance must be generally poor if both occurs at the same time. It might be setup-related as well, but I've already tried a plenty of things without making a huge step forward.

BTW, good for you mate :) you are putting in some great laps in the competition. We were pretty much on par in the Virtual Championship, now you clearly have the edge over me. It's interesting to note how huge the difference is. Gotto fight back somehow :cool:

Last edited: Jan 8, 2016
  10. Spanner_76

Spanner_76 New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    The winter cup has been my first intro to these cars and they are not easy. More specifically the tyre grip as i'm normally trying to explore mine and the cars limits! lol There are very unforgiving especially without any TC, they are not easy to catch when they slide at all requiring lots of opposite lock. Almost like the surface is overheating. Typically after spinning out, losing the rear, you also need to be gentle with them when getting back up to speed for a little while.

Only done test drives in the 2013 and 2014 cars but especially round the top of the test track they are alot easier to catch and control slides with. Am tempted to buy the older cars in the sale!

11. kingtin

kingtin New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I bought the DTM Experience 2015 during the last sale (New Year?) and tried it then, but got the eternal flickering loading circle. I thought I would wait for a bug fix update so left it for a week or two, and tried it again with the same result. Tried it again a few days ago with the same result... I've tried deleting the Simbin folder in my Documents and verifying the game's files through Steam. The only "modding" I've done is adjust the tilt of the cockpit camera in a few unrelated cars (FR2, GT3 cars). Got a ticket two or three days ago from the helpdesk, but no action yet...

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance ;)

12. alesi27

alesi27 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +233 / 0 / -0
    Most likely its a problem caused by the transaction so only S3S people can help you...

13. kingtin

kingtin New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Oh, right, thanks.

14. seufmeister

seufmeister Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Just bought the DTM Experience 2015 and I'm wondering why there's a limitation in the setup. For example I cannot set the differential energy :(. It's grey. That's really sad because I cannot handle the oversteer when accelerating.

15. shardshunt

shardshunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    because the real cars use a standard diff.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  16. seufmeister

seufmeister Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Ok :) then i have to handle with that.

• Like Like x 1
  17. race70

race70 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I have a question for respected developers. Is it really difficult to make gearshift animation with gearshift petals? In Race 07with animation, everything is in order and in GTR 2. And in raceroom it looks like it's not finished. It's like automatic gear shifting. I would like to do a switching animation.

18. race70

race70 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    [QUOTE = "Anthony Monteil, post: 35900, member: 9"] Да, это для автомобилей с последовательной коробкой передач. Вы слышите звуковой сигнал, когда срабатывает DSP. А теперь попробуйте классический автомобиль с коробкой передач и ... ну это сюрприз : D[/ QUOTE]

I have a question for respected developers. Is it really difficult to make gearshift animation with gearshift petals? In Race 07with animation, everything is in order and in GTR 2. And in raceroom it looks like it's not finished. It's like automatic gear shifting. I would like to do a switching animation.