Question AI driving around in 1st gear only

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Z_i_g, Feb 25, 2016.

1. Z_i_g

Z_i_g Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    I know this happens once in a while. Most single player races I have at least one car going around slow in 1st gear. Is there a folder I can delete that the game will renew on start up? I've seem it posted before but can't find it . thanks all

2. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    You can delete the aiadaptation.xml file in C:\Users\abc\Documents\My Games\SimBin\RaceRoom Racing Experience\UserData\Player1

BUT that issue is most probably not caused by a corrupted file but rather by that car having damaged its gearbox. Its stuck in 1st gear and can't shift up. If you see a car like that, hit "R" to open the instant replay, switch camera to that car and rewind. You'll probably see that it hit a wall somewhere.
    This issue is being investigated.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Mich Angel

Mich Angel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +216 / 0 / -0
    Yeah I have had that happen many times and my guess is also the AI busted something in the car :p

Edit: Especially in Spa-Francorchamps where AI hit the tirewall bit down the straight after first corner.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Z_i_g

Z_i_g Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Thank you guys , this is the second time it's done this . last time I deleted my documents folder. It did the trick but I lost my ffb setting. I knew I seen a better way here. Really appreciate the answers .

• Like Like x 1
  5. Gladys Maria

Gladys Maria Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Bathhurst is the worse i have had about 5 of them doing this in one race it is really annoying especially if you catch up with one on a blind corner.It needs looking at as it makes a lot of tracks unplayable in single player they can ruin a race especially when the ai are set to really high.Turn off mechanical damge is all i can suggest until they fix it

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    It is

7. Mich Angel

Mich Angel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +216 / 0 / -0
    But you can turn of mechanical damge yourself, the AI drive with same setings as you do in SP races ;)