RUF RT 12R - weird swerving

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DawdlingDan, Mar 3, 2016.

1. DawdlingDan

DawdlingDan New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    It doesn't want to keep aligned, keeps panning to the left or right, really irritating! It only happens with the RUF, from the car selection I own. Anyone else having this issue with the car?

2. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    Are you talking about the GT2 Ruf?
    That isn't updated with the latest physics and is pretty floaty.
    You should try the GT3 Ruf instead, untill the GTR 2 class have been updated.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Sean Kenney

Sean Kenney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    The gt2 'ruf isn't bad though IMO. I drove it for for a league and didn't feel bad at all.

4. DawdlingDan

DawdlingDan New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I tried the GT3 version, it's ok, just GT2 is the problem. It's so difficult to keep the car in a straight line with my G27. o_O

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Sean Kenney

Sean Kenney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    hmmmm, I have the g27 as well....settings maybe...

6. Mich Angel

Mich Angel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +216 / 0 / -0
    I agree it is al over the track floating left to right with slightest movements, I tried to have a steering dead angle at 3% that helped little and not touching the wheel att all on a straight too, but still it float of to either left or right. The need to correct it like it have a faulty steering is there all the time. So hopefully we get the new physics on the GT2 soon :D

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Tuborg

Tuborg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +460 / 0 / -0
    I have no problems :) It's related to your wheel settings.

8. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    I got violent left/right action under braking with the GT2 RUF, cured most of it by stiffening the springs, fancy most of my problems come from the fact the physics of the cars are so far apart, been driving the GT3 version lots and hopping in the GT2 is a shock, funny thing is got on fine with the 2 before the 3 came out so just a case of reacquainting myself I guess. At the end of the day all cars are different just not so sure the difference between 2 and 3 should be so vast considering they are not that dissimilar irl (chassis wise). Be real nice when all cars use a similar physics engine, newer cars are so sweet in comparison to the originals that's not to say I don't enjoy driving some of the older models, love the Radicals....................... yep waffling again, move along, I've lost the thread of the thread.........................

• Funny Funny x 1