Problem Peddles don't work in game.

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by GregoryLeo, Jun 14, 2015.

1. GregoryLeo

GregoryLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +360 / 0 / -0
    The peddles on my G27 aren't working in the races.
    I checked them in the control panel. And they are registering there.
    Just to be sure I checked them in the logitec control panel and a couple of other sims. And everything is fine there.
    The steering wheel and shifters are working.
    Is there a setting somewhere that I need to switch or some thing like that?

2. Flavourlicious

Flavourlicious Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +148 / 0 / -0
    Have you disabled the 'hold gears' option used for h-shifters?

3. GregoryLeo

Ratings:
    +360 / 0 / -0
    No I'll give that a try next time I'm in the game.
    Thank you

4. Flavourlicious

Flavourlicious Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +148 / 0 / -0
    Aah never mind. I thought you we're talking about your shifter pedals but those actually are working right. Silly me not reading whole posts all the damn time. :p

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2015
  5. GregoryLeo

Ratings:
    +360 / 0 / -0
    OK, getting a little frustrated here. I haven't been able to play R3E because of a sketchy internet and I kept getting dropped from the system. Not your problem I know, just needed to vent. I finally get that sorted out, and now this. Just to make sure it wasn't my peddles switched the gas and brake to buttons on the wheel and on the key board, and still nothing. I have triple checked the console from the logitec control panel, and tested it in several other sims. This the only one with a problem. Which really sucks, because this is my sim of preference. Is my next move to delete and re-install the game?

6. Cosmic

Cosmic Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    I would try verifying the game files through steam first and then creating a new controller profile by renaming the simbin folder in the documents\my games folder. When I test I would just rename it something like simbinX or simbinbackup. After you rename that folder the game will create a new one when you start the game, you can then see if you are able to map the peddles. If it still doesn't let you map the peddles you can delete the new simbin folder and rename the old one to get your old settings back. Good Luck.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Arthur Spooner

Arthur Spooner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    Guys, please stop mixing up the words "pedals" and "paddles". Pedals are to be operated by your feet while paddles are used by your hands. When I read the original post I ran into the same trap as @Flavourlicious.

I just looked it up and "to peddle" is something completely different... ;)

Unfortunately I have no idea why your pedals aren't working, but the suggestion of @Duke E. Brown is a good one to start with. So you can see if there is something messed up with your configuration.

• Like Like x 1
  8. GregoryLeo

Ratings:
    +360 / 0 / -0
    Thank you Arthur, I thought the peddle thing was pretty clear. (Although I didn't mention paddles instead of shifters, my bad)
    @ Duke, I can map the peddles. And it even shows them working in the advanced screen. I have already tried a new profile, just forgot to mention it. But I hadn't thought of verifying through steam. So I'll try that next. Thanks for the idea.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2015
  9. GregoryLeo

Ratings:
    +360 / 0 / -0
    Well, nothing seems to be working to fix this. So unless somebody else has any ideas, guess I have to delete and re-install the game.:(

10. GregoryLeo

Ratings:
    +360 / 0 / -0
    I have tried everything I can think of. I've deleted and re-installed the game. I've created new controller profiles and all the other stuff listed above. And still no gas, brake or clutch in the race. The program see everything in the controller profile window. It registers peddle movement perfectly in the advance window. but in the race sitting in the pits they don't work. I'm assuming the steering wheel works because as I shift with the paddle shifters, the wheel responds by jumping when I shift.
    Could someone at S3E please tell what to do next.

11. Robert Holm

Robert Holm KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    Just to make sure, you hear engine running? If you have keys mapped for ignition and starter, you need to start engine in sessions where you begin in pit.

• Informative Informative x 2
  12. Sean Kenney

Sean Kenney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    wow, odd.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. GregoryLeo

Ratings:
    +360 / 0 / -0
    Ok that was it. I know it was a dumb mistake, :rolleyes: but I didn't think of that because I've never had to do that before. :confused:

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  14. Sean Kenney

Sean Kenney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    Didn't want to say most problems like this are user error :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. NorCal

NorCal New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Well here we go again as if you haven't heard this before....Computer recognizes Fanatec V3 pedals which are connected through CSW & also to pc via usb. No such luck w/ game. As I remember last time I played game w/ my V2 pedals there was something I did w/in game to be able to get CSW & pedals recognized. Can't remember now??? Any tips

16. Ernie

Ernie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    What do you mean with "connected through CSW AND also to pc via usb"? Do you have both cables connected? Or do you mean, that you've tried both connections one by one with no success?

• Useful Useful x 1
  17. NorCal

NorCal New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    "Connected through CSW AND also to pc via usb"

1.) FANATEC CLUB SPORT PEDALS V3 are connected to FANATEC CLUB SPORT WHEEL V2 and PC VIA USB. YES, both cables are connected, 1 to the wheel & the other to the pc.

"Or do you mean, that you've tried both connections one by one with no success?"

2.) Yes I have done both but no difference. Pedals are suppose to work correctly when connected like my answer #1.

18. Ernie

Ernie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    Don't connect the ClubSport Pedals with both cables!

Just quoting CSP v3 Quick guide:
    I would recommend to connect the pedals via USB (only) and make a firmware update. (Info: Firmware update works only via USB connection)
    Make a firmware update also on the CSW v2 (with latest driver). The CSW base and the pedals have independent/different firmware versions.
    After firmware update try again. Pedals should work with connection to the base or connection via USB. Don't use both cables.

I have connected my CSP v3 directly to the base. Works.
    (CSW v2 firmware 142, CSP v3 firmware 122)

• Informative Informative x 1
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2016
  19. NorCal

NorCal New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    "Don't connect the ClubSport Pedals with both cables" That was my problem. Between the Manual & Quick Guide I had problems interpreting their instructions on connecting pedals. The Manual explained it differently than the Quick Guide which neither made it clear to "Connect Pedals with ONE Cable ONLY". Thanks for makin it clear to an "old man" :)))

Everything working as designed.

• Like Like x 1