Question Is the AI Strength Inconsistent?

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by MattStone, Mar 31, 2016.

1. MattStone

MattStone Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +169 / 0 / -0
    I'm finding the the strength of the AI to be very inconsistent between tracks. Is it me or the AI?
    Some tracks I can run AI at 115% for a top10 qualifying position whilst others I have to dial it down to 105% to be in the top10 other wise I'm 3 seconds off the pace!

Is there some place that I can manually adjust the strength of the AI multipliers(?) so that when doing a single player championship I can have some consistency in the strength of the field between tracks?

Once I have the strength dialled in the AI is great to drive against.

2. Rik Fast

Rik Fast Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +120 / 0 / -0
    Maybe give adaptive AI a try, this will balance the AI to your specific track skill. There are already many threads here about it so maybe you could give them a look. There is many insight in them about AI and adaptive AI.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Sean Kenney

Sean Kenney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    How are your times on the leaderboards? Maybe you are just slower on some tracks?

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Gopher04

Gopher04 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    I think there is alot of inconsistency with the AI on different tracks, but it exist more in the free practice session's, as Rik said for the quali/race use adaptive it does work well, I would of hoped by now the the adaptive AI might of existed in the free practice mode by now, but alas not yet, also I don't think the AI is nowhere need as good as it once was, AI awareness is poor and overtaking is very low now.

Inconsistency does exist man, a good example is Bathurst & Spa, at Bathurst they are so slow, at Spa it's a real challenge.

5. Marko Hartikainen

Marko Hartikainen Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    Some inconsistency does exist, trying to get rid of that while moving forwards. Things will improve along the way when we revisit tracks for bigger grids.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  6. Gopher04

Gopher04 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    Thx's for letting us know Marko..;)

7. MattStone

MattStone Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +169 / 0 / -0
    Thanks guys
    I'm new to the game so I haven't yet explored the leader boards but will do as I'm pretty competitive by nature :)

8. Gladys Maria

Gladys Maria Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Spa they are really good i can race 110% and have a great race bathhurst i can run 120% and still beat them by a second a lap so yeah very inconsistant,apart from a few tracks that the ai hit walls every lap or go to wide on kerbs about108% to 110% i can get a decent race out of them on most tracks.A lot of people complain about the ai ramming in corners but if you are on pace and brake at the right time they do behave well the problem i have is the ai never get warnings for corner cutting and they do tend to drive in formation and once overtaken they fall back a lot.This is in the gt2 though different classes their speed changes so keep that into account i only race gt2 and the gt3 the dtm cars are the most consistant i think its the high downforce but i don't race them much at 110% at spa they are about 3 seconds a lap faster than me just trial and error until you find a car track combo that suits you.

• Informative Informative x 1