Future of GTR1, GTR2 and GTRX

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by m.bohlken, Mar 31, 2016.

1. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    As @J-F Chardon mentioned here and there that some regrouping of the GTRX-Cars will be coming in Future.
    I definitely agree that a regrouping of that Cars would be a good move and would help to get some more structure in the different classes. In addition a GTE-Spec-Class is very welcomed, as there are some quite interesting cars out there, that could be added in future if possible.

So IMHO the GTR1 and GTR2 cars would fit quite well in a GTE-Spec class. But maybe it's the little petrol-head in me that wouldn't like the GTRX-Cars that much in such a class.

There are two reasons about it:
    1. The GTRX-Cars are fictional Racecars based on Supercars.
    2. There would be two Rufs that are very different (at least on the engine/Power side)

As the Zonda and the P4/5 are moving out of the GTRX-Class, it would become very small. But there is another Class in R3E with fictional supercars - the German National-Class. So maybe it would be an Idea to merge the German National-Class and the GTRX-Class to somewhat like a Supercar Club-Racer-Class?

What are your opinions on that Topic?

• Like Like x 6
    • Creative Creative x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  2. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Patience my ass, I'm gonna kill something!

Not against that idea either, rejiggling is defo required, I'd hope that they all got some great physics and liveries else it will remain as covered in dust as it is now, can't even remember last time I dusted a German national off, think they slapped me! :D

3. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +594 / 0 / -0
    Will comment later, but good thread.

4. .OG Isaac

.OG Isaac Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +173 / 0 / -0
    Some smart merging has to be done, yes. Best bet is leaving it up to the devs to figure this one out, as they'll probably have plans on how to do this already.

5. Tuborg

Tuborg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +457 / 0 / -0
    I like your idea the problem is that this cars are far from each other performance-wise. I guess the bop:ing would be extreme.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Rik Fast

Rik Fast Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +120 / 0 / -0
    I'm for merging but i see troubles on the horizon, but that could be solved.

GTR-X is a faster class, and this can be a problem in the balancing act between the different cars to be competitive. Even now the new Ford GT GT3 is faster then the other GT3 cars, some league's have even forbidden the players to use the Ford. That will be addressed though but this is an example of how it can go wrong very fast.

If the classes are merged then you can get in MP (in lesser extent in SP) the dead of some cars, they are not competitive enough or the setups on one group cars can achieve more speed then the setups of another group. People who bought in the past these "slower" cars can be disappointment that their purchase become useless in a competitive MP environment. The admins of servers need to manage more to have a even balanced grid.

If you go in the individual cars and balance them out then you can get in trouble that users are saying that the car is nothing like in real life. Plus that balancing is a very hard task i can tell you, all the setup changes that are possible.

So i like the idea and there is some need for it, i'm just a bit playing the devils advocate.

• Like Like x 1
  7. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    GTR-X, that's currently the Zonda, P4/5 and RUF right?

Didn't J-F say recently that, the Zonda would be placed in a class of it's own as a sort of cup car?

P4/5 IS being moved to GTR3 as has been announced and shown in a video/screenshot (i forget which).
    The RUF is the only one I don't know anything about, guess it'll be rebalanced into either the GTE or GTR3 class.

I don't see anything to worry about though, this is Sector3 we're talking about, they tend to not make mistakes with this sort of thing. :D

Sorry, if I missed anything from the GTR-X class, I'm not too familiar with that class and the store is down for maintenance atm lol.

Good thread.

8. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Gumpert and Koenigsegg

9. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    Bugger... knew I forgot some... meh, forget them, where's the delete button? :p

@Christian Göpfert cheers buddy.

10. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Cheerio mate. :)

Bear in mind that atm those two are the fastest cars we got. I loves me Gumpert, something about that name just sounds right. ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. haik

haik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +46 / 0 / -0
    My 0.2€.
    I'm kinda torn:

I'm one of those "Cars should be as close as possible to their Real-Life counterpart as possible" grumpy guys.
    (I still don't have recovered about the butchering (my words, might a strong word o_O) of the Classic Touring cars.)
    To me GT2 are GT2, GT1 were GT1.

OTOH, the current line-up of the GTR2 and GTR3 is so old now (vs IRL) that one might agree to get them together in an "almost historical GT class" with BoP
    But in that case, if ever Sector3 were to release current GTLM cars, they would have to be in their own separate class...and then we're on a loop again.:rolleyes:

Of course, all of this debate will be moot anyway as soon as we have a car filter for SP (wink wink), since we'll able to manually exclude any car we feel personally do not belong.

12. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    Where did the Koenigsegg go? It's not in the GTRX class anymore.

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. MsportDan

MsportDan Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    rename gt2 to gte

remove gtx gt1

run a multiclass of gte gt3 p1 p2

endurance mode

viola

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    hm, yeah... Koenigsegg is missing in the list of manufacturers too. So it seems to be gone?!

Just wanted to answer @MsportDan that removing cars would be difficult as others had paid for that content and now in case of the Koenigsegg it happend?

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +594 / 0 / -0
    I'm all for the Zonda cup class (though impersonally won't use it) and I like the idea of the remaining GTRX cars being balanced with the GTR1 category, but I'd be dead against combining the GTR1 with GTR2, regardless of whether the latter has any more than 'only' its current four cars coming later.

There's something about the GTR2 class that fits and works well, that I don't see with the others; they are volume Sportscars/GTs whereas the 1 and X cars are Supercars. I still feel the P4/5 belongs with the GTR2 cars (with it being based on the 430 GT2), but GTR3 fits it well too, but I wouldn't want to see the two completely different RUFs in the same class, or the Koenigsegg mixed with the M3 GTR, for example.

Personally, I would much rather have:

GTR1 (Supercars):
    Ford GT
    Saleen S7R
    Gumpert Apollo
    Koenigsegg
    RUF CTR3
    Mercedes SLR (From German Nats)

GTR2 (Volume Sportscars):
    BMW M3
    Corvette C6R
    Cadillac CTS
    RUF RT12R
    P4/5 Competizione (with some Ferrari team liveries if possible)

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  16. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    I know this comment was made before the recent update, but just to be clear about things so no one is confused or starts to blow this out of proportion again, the Ford GT3 along with every single other GT3 car was looked at and revised with this recent update on March 31st. The Ford GT GT3 is not OP whatsoever anymore (even though it wasnt before the update). They have been thoroughly looked at and none of them are far and away the 'best' to use.

Again, someone may find they are quicker in a particular car, but that generally comes down to the default setups being more forgiving, or simply easier to reach quick times in. All of the cars can do similar times, even though each car is unique in its characteristics.

Being looked into. Probably wont get a response until the devs are back in the office and can offer some thoughts.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Sven Blumenthal

Sven Blumenthal Active Member

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    Hope you can bring some light in that darkness, cause I also miss the Koenigsegg !

Edit: Just saw that the Koenigsegg is back again, juhuuuu. So all ist good :)

• Wonderful Wonderful x 1
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2016