Vsync is broken in new update

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sayjimwoo, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Sayjimwoo

Sayjimwoo Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    I am using the latest Nvidia Drivers and vsync has no effect. Not even forcing it in the control panel or Nvidia Inspector makes a difference.
    I noticed it wasn't running as butter smooth as it usually does and my fps counter is going over my 60hz refresh rate at 70-80fps. Can you resolve this asap please. I will unfortunately have to shelve this game till then.

2. DawdlingDan

DawdlingDan New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Are you sure the game is set to full screen in options?

3. Sayjimwoo

Sayjimwoo Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    Yeah I always use full screen. Everything was fine before the update, it doesn't work in game or forced anymore. Surely everyone must be getting this.

4. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Hmm, works here.

5. Sayjimwoo

Sayjimwoo Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    Strange. Well I just verified the Steam files and all was okay. Just going to try reinstall the latest Nvidia drivers then reboot. Not sure what else to try after that, Vsync works in all my other games.

6. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    That sounds like a good idea. Not sure if it could affect nvidia cards only. But it should work without forcing it, I only got the in-game setting enabled.

7. Sayjimwoo

Sayjimwoo Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    I normally run with vsync on in the control panel, I found replays run smoother this way for some reason.
    Anyway I have just reinstalled the game and drivers and vsync still isn't holding. If I go in the menu and toggle vsync on/off, the game totally ignores it and hovers around 80fps regardless whether it is on/off. This is 100% a bug as this is the first time I have ever known this game to ignore vsync. I am running on a Titan X but I don't think that makes a slightest bit of difference. If any devs are reading, I don't know where to go from here. I don't fancy racing around Nordscheife whilst it's all stuttery.

8. Sayjimwoo

Sayjimwoo Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    Reinstalled older drivers then new again. Vsync is now working, no idea what went wrong before :)

• Like Like x 2
  9. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Glad you were able to sort it out. Enjoy.

10. Metalogic

Metalogic Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +234 / 0 / -0
    VSync seems fine on my laptop after the update, strict 60fps with my Nvidia 970M, most settings on high