Possible Bug @ WTCC2014 + WTCC2015 Nords 24H

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Benny7881, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Benny7881

Benny7881 Member

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    Race settings: see screenshot
    Layout: 24 hours

Possible bug: A.I. drivers going round track, take "short cut" to begin the first timed lap and miss the point to brake at the end of the straight before first corner. Most of the A.I. drivers ended up like this and were not able to get around the track even one round.

With both packs WTCC2014 and WTCC2015 its the same. Any solution would be welcome :)

Attached Files:

• Useful Useful x 1
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2016
  2. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    Interesting... didnt have this issue at all while testing, but as things go... sometimes they slip through the cracks and only show up rarely.

Will look into this and report it to the devs to see if there is an issue with this section of the track and get it looked at ;)

3. Benny7881

Benny7881 Member

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    Sounds good, hope you can find something in the Code :)

Or Do i need to delete the adaptive A.I. files from before the update? But this wouldn't sound logical to me in that case because it is a completely new track.

• Like Like x 1
  4. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    Im not the most familiar with using the adaptive AI option, but I dont believe you need to delete it for the AI to behave properly :p

Could you perhaps try setting the AI to a number difficulty? Like 100% or so and see if the issue still happens? Im not sure that this would have any affect, because an issue like this would imply there is something wrong with their mentality at this part of the track, and shouldnt have anything to do with difficulty strength.

5. Benny7881

Benny7881 Member

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    Sure. Will check it this afternoon and let you know

6. digitizer

digitizer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +117 / 0 / -0
    Strange. Done several races WTCC '15 (19 opponents) and a lot of practice with adaptive AI and never have this problem.

7. its_surridge_90

its_surridge_90 Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    I saw this on the VLN layout as well last night in a quick practice session I did.

8. Benny7881

Benny7881 Member

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    Sorry to tell you about but same settings as yesterday only with A.I. level at 100% with the same result.
    A.I. drivers miss the point where they need to brake and crash into the wall at the end of the first straight. Already checked with WTCC2014 and 2015 ... same with both packes.

A.I. seems going crazy after the crash...they turn around off track and drive in opposite direction through the corner in direction of start/ finish line and then make a U-turn and follow the track again just to crash in the same corner.

Attached Files:

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. digitizer

Ratings:
    +117 / 0 / -0
    And i'm find one small bug. I see message about disqualification some AI driver during practic session, then i see this driver later on the track during same practic session, then in qualification and in the race

10. Benny7881

Benny7881 Member

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    Did delete the ai file and tried with same race settings but as soon as that the A.I. drivers have done a lap they struggle again in the first corner. Attached 4 screenshots of how that looks like.

A.I. brakes way too late
    car slides from side to side
    A.I. changes between throttle and brake
    Crashes in the wall

Attached Files:

11. digitizer

Ratings:
    +117 / 0 / -0
    I have this bug only once and on the first lap, right after race started. Then AI going through the first corner very slow and without any crashes at wall. I think this happenes from time to time, but not always.