Question Report Player

Dieses Thema im Forum "Community Support" wurde erstellt von Nelius, 3. April 2016.

1. Nelius

Nelius New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello
    I have player in Online Race he drive wrong Way more Laps.
    I whould become him with pleasure reporting.
    Where can i do this?
    Thanks.
    Greet Corn

2. Nordberg_E38

Nordberg_E38 New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Jep.. Same here.
    How does it work and how/where can I upload the replay for proving?

3. Tuborg

Tuborg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +460 / 0 / -0
    Make a video. I use Fraps if I want to show something.
    http://www.fraps.com

4. Nordberg_E38

Nordberg_E38 New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    This doesnt answer the questions.

I have the videos on my hdd - the replays.

5. Tuborg

Tuborg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +460 / 0 / -0
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    Upload that Video in Youtube (maybe without listing it for public)

To report a player just open his Profil in R3E's-Profil-Section and press the button with the exclamation mark-Symbol thats aside the Name. There you can add the Link (maybe).

7. Nordberg_E38

Nordberg_E38 New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Ok... again.. step by step.. (as far as I am able to do this in english)

I'm playing via Steam so I can't reach a R3E-Profile-Section. Only thing I can do is using the search function in the portal when I'm logged in to RRRE via Steam.
    But when I type in the exact screen name of a user which is shown to me in the list on top of the screen during the race I don't get a result. Even if I type in my own screen name I don't get a result! ???
    So this leads me to nowhere..

Lets assume I find the name I am looking for. What to do next?
    I can't upload the replay file to YT because ".Vcr" is not a supported file type. " The processing of the video failed. Please make sure you are uploading a supported file type."
    And even if this would work. You can only upload one stream without the possibility to jump between cars (drivers) and different camera angles (to proof action which happens outside your own screen). I need a location where I could upload the whole VCR-file with all its features inside and where it could be watched by the support.
    Sharing it via RRRE online does'nt work. It is grayed out or inactive.
    VLC-Player too can't play it. And even if it would the problem remains - one stream, one screen.
    So.. That leads me to nowhere too..
    BTW: Why is the chat not displayed in replays and where can I see the name of the driver I am actually "driving with"?

Any recording software wont help any further because I could only record things which happen on MY screen. I cant record any other action in different parts of the track.

So... What other options do I have now?
    Did I miss something?

The question which has to be answered by the DEVS or someone who is in charge remains:
    How can I identify, proof bad behaviour and report a player without having third party tools installed?

Hope I could describe the problem well enough...

8. Tuborg

Tuborg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +460 / 0 / -0
    That search engine is not good. https://forum.sector3studios.com/index.php?threads/search-for-user-car-track-brand.4565/

Here is a video i made:

9. Arthur Spooner

Arthur Spooner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    OK...

VCR-files are not videos. They are ingame replays. This means they contain a stream of data that can be used by the game to re-create what happened during a session using the ingame engine.

When watching a replay you can change between cars. So you could change to the car you want to see and watch what it is doing. AFAIK only cockpit mode is not available on other cars apart from your own. And while doing so you could record a video from what you see. This video could be uploaded to YT and you could send a link to this video to whoever you want.

Another approach would be to just upload the VCR-file to some file hoster and again share the link with whoever you want. This approach has a big advantage: anybody you share this file with has the possibility to watch what happened from every angle he/she wants. In replays you can even show the drivers names above cars - unfortunately the name is not shown above the focused car, but you can see it when focusing on a car nearby.

Note that you can only watch a replay in RRRE when you own the car the original driver was driving in that session. For uploading replays to the devs this shouldn't make a problem since they surely own all content.

Regarding the search engine from the game portal, I sadly must agree with @Johnny Turbo Guttman. I can't even find myself with it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. Rik Fast

Rik Fast Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +120 / 0 / -0
    There is not a real structure/procedure in place to report "driving misbehavior" from another player. Be also careful to report someone, sometime drivers perceive misbehavior differently then what exactly happend, inherent to different skill levels and mistakes because of it.

But if i read you post correctly you say this driver drove the wrong way for many laps... that's indeed wrong behaviour if it's more then just to try for a save turn.

• Agree Agree x 1