Are the new physics way too forgiving?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Tonbei, Apr 3, 2016.

1. Tonbei

Tonbei Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    No offense mate but you are braking way too early. The physics have been watered down so you brakes will not lock up when you brake and shift down fast. It is all about timing braking plus shifting combined. 2-3 secs may sound little, but it really isn't considering the new physics. Test it yourself mate it is really not hard to do! Always consider your braking points track knowledge is everything.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2016
  2. Tonbei

Tonbei Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Just a typo dude :) I would be glad for some of your insights. Thank you!

3. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 0 / -0
    Would have done the same!;)

4. Tonbei

Tonbei Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    I don't need to prove anything to you!:p If you are not capable to adapt to the new physics, then it is your problem not mine :)
    Everything is learning by doing mate!;)

5. Tonbei

Tonbei Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    I have read that they want to implement the Unreal engine in the near future. It could be possible they consider a console release as well. That could be the reason they watered down the physics so badly. And I am not even talking about the oversteer or understeer, but rather how the brakes behave. I am really happy for you that you enjoy the game even more. It is all about having fun after all! I do prefer the physics of Rfactor 2 and AC any time.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  6. Tonbei

Tonbei Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Still no argument or any valid points! :)

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  7. AzkarateAsi

AzkarateAsi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +72 / 0 / -0
    The question is Are you playing the game in Get real or in Amateur? because in my case I never blocked as much Im doing now whith the new update

8. Sean Kenney

Sean Kenney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    He plays in troll mode

• Agree x 3
    • Like x 2
    • Funny x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Love it! x 1
  9. Jynn

Jynn Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    Tonbei, please post a video of you doing a lap around the nordschliefe and then perhaps we can compare the brake points to AC, RF2, Iracing etc. (keep steering wheel displayed of course)

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. fischhaltefolie

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 0 / -0
    Read previous posts, no further arguments necessary.
    That's it.

11. Tonbei

Tonbei Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Thank you for your insight mate! :) All good valid points! It seems we are the only ones here, who know the braking points and that 2-3 secs is really nothing. You can fully hit the brakes without any lock up combined with fast down shifting, taking the corner in 2nd gear flying around the curve.
    Every halfway experienced sim driver would test the physics in depth first, like new braking points, lock up of the brakes, stability when down-shifting, oversteer and understeer, acceleration will the tyres slip etc.
    All common knowledge for a decent driver. It seems not so much commonly known to the experts here! :p

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. Tonbei

Tonbei Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    but you never had a valid argument! :p

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  13. Sean Kenney

Sean Kenney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, you are the first in depth physics tester to come thru these parts

• Funny Funny x 3
  14. Tonbei

Tonbei Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    For that foggy perception you get smoked by Dortmund on Thursday evening! :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. Tonbei

Tonbei Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    get real and TC is on 0 preset 1 :)

16. fischhaltefolie

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 0 / -0
    look

• Like Like x 1
  17. Nils1963

Nils1963 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    So how is it Tonbei, do you have a video of your driving skills on Nordschleife to share with us ? I want to see proof, not just read about how extremely skilled you are. I believe that you are playing this game with a controller and the camera angle in third person that make every driving game easy, this included. That is actually the biggest issue I have with this game, when they call it get real it should not have been possible to use that camera angle IMO.

18. Öberg

Öberg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +107 / 0 / -0
    I dont think the physics are too forgiving. Granted ive never raced anything remotely close IRL so I have no concept really of how they "should feel"
    Its quite possible they are more difficult to control irl, the opposite is also possible.
    Neither of us knows for sure.
    However I doubt the discrepancy between reality and virtual behavior is that enormous.
    The reason for this is because S3 have had professional GT drivers giving their inputs on the cars and physics, revising the car behaviour over many iterations.
    Obviously both S3 and the professional drivers strive for realism, infact its the sole purpose of the drivers giving their inputs.
    Not saying its a perfectly accurate representation of reality, but its probably decently close.

Im also surprised by some of your claims @Tonbei
    How do you brake from 280 - 0 while slamming down the gears and standing on the brakes?
    Downshifting too quickly really upsets the rear end and balance of my car, maybe its just me thats rubbish ^^
    I also run with 0% TC and have no problem loosing traction if I stand on the gas too quickly or early in slowish/weightshift corners.
    Every single corner is a balance between oversteer and understeer so I dont understand your point here either.
    There is only so much grip the front tyres can have in relation to your momentum forward, its your job to find that limit.
    If you are not feeling enough understeer or oversteer I would claim you're not pushing the car hard enough.
    You would probably claim otherwise and that leads me to my next point:

I would be very interested to see you post a video, in any GT3 car really, on Nordschleife where you show what your car is capable of because im not seeing the same thing you are.
    In that video, please also include the following variables: what is your brakeforce? brakebalance? suspension setting? wing setting? ARB? camber setting? toe settings? bump/rebound?

I dont have the grip you seem to describe and I wouldnt mind running 4min laps around Nordschleife, so show me! ;)

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  19. Tonbei

Tonbei Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Hello Öberg first of all I don't doubt that S3S is in touch and works with professional GT3 drivers and got important data and input from them. However that doesn't imply that they can implement all of this stuff into their own engine.
    Have you ever heard of Marketing? All companies do it to sell their product even better. SMS has Nicolas Hamilton as their professional driver, Kunos is in contact with real drivers and get their input from them. Of course all these companies will tell you we have the most realistic physics and tyre model to date. It is all Marketing mate! :)
    Shifting gears to the driving I assume you are referring here to GT3 cars?
    Your quote" I also run with 0% TC and have no problem loosing traction if I stand on the gas too quickly or early in slowish/weightshift corners.Every single corner is a balance between oversteer and understeer so I dont understand your point here either.There is only so much grip the front tyres can have in relation to your momentum forward, its your job to find that limit"
    You are aware that most of the GT3 cars have a rear wheel drive? I am sorry I cannot follow your argument here makes no sense in terms of traction. The WTCC 2015 cars are front-wheel drive.
    You are suggesting maby I am not pushing the car hard enough? I can ensure you I do! So far what I have seen and read here it seems you guys have not exploited the new physics to its limits. Let me explain some things. Have you ever heard of brake steering? Works perfectly in tight curves to a certain degree. I also do this in the end of the Nordschleife braking and shifting down into 2nd gear, brake steer the car slightly around the curve. It is realistic all GT3 cars have ABS and TC. I prefer TC disabled a lot more fun to drive the car. Another thing I have seen some vids people just rolling through the curves. This is not the proper way to push the car! The secret is always to keep traction up meaning in some situations it is way better to shift down and accelerate really hard out of the curve. I have seen many people stay in higher gears and just let the car roll. To keep traction is always rule number one.
    What I have figured so far in terms of driving there seems to be stability control enabled in the background. At least it feels like this to me. Also the TC presets seems not to differ very much. Way too much grip on preset 1 TC 0. One of the devs explained in another post that the core tyre temperature gets not affected by the surface. It seems all GT3 cars have presets with the same core temperature. A guy mentioned 97 degree? Lol quite a lot if you ask me. No wonder you have that super grip with the new physics. It also does not affect the tyre wear very much. With that kind of temperature they should be used up in no time. Did 17 rounds on the Nordschleife not much tyre wear what I have seen.
    You guys also mentioned how real it all feels and plays. You do know that AC is way superior in terms of suspension body weight transfer? The cars in Race Room still lacks weight transfrer to the tracks.
    Videos sharing? Nope mate I don't use social platforms like Youtube, Facebook or Twitter it is not my world sorry :)

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  20. Rik Fast

Rik Fast Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +120 / 0 / -0
    Just do a leaderboard here in RR, you claim so much but prove so little. No need for social media.
    I can talk fast too, use {borrowed} facts, but in relation to driving is where you say: the proof is in the pudding!!

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1