POLL: New physics GT3

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Tuborg, Apr 6, 2016.

?

Read my post before you vote!

1. I don't know.

2. Yes they are more forgiving.

3. No i think they are more demanding.

4. I didn't know the physics of the GT3 was updated.

5. I have not noticed any difference after update.

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Tuborg

Tuborg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +457 / 0 / -0
    Is the new physics of the GT3 class more forgiving than before the update? If you don't know or if you just read what other think, vote: I don't know. It's your personnel opinion that matters. Your vote are not puplic.

You can't change your vote!

2. Pr3t3nd3r

Pr3t3nd3r Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    I think this poll is done against new physics. Why is there no option for the "they are better" or "they feel about the right now"?

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. Tuborg

Tuborg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +457 / 0 / -0
    You think wrong :)

This is a poll that 's about whether you experience the new physics as more forgiving or demanding. Not if it's good or bad.

4. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    well here is the thing.
    They are different but i dont feel they are easier or more demanding, just different. I like it a lot.

I think most people will vote that they are more demanding just base on the fact that they have to relearn it.

• Agree Agree x 7
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2016
  5. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    I suggest to rename Mr. Guttman to Johnny "Pollman" Turbo !

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Sean Kenney

Sean Kenney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    Re learn and I know suck...more than before.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2016
  7. Why485

Why485 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +66 / 0 / -0
    Personally I think they're a bit easier to drive. I feel like I spin out less and drive generally smoother, although I can't put my finger on why.

I dont really care what's easier or harder, just what feels good and is reasonably realistic. I like the feel of the new physics versus the old one. The cars themselves feel more planted and less floaty, but the FFB feels very different and like some halfway between Assetto Corsa and Raceroom.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Tuborg

Tuborg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +457 / 0 / -0
    At the same time we got the updated physics we also got "new" FFB which might affect how we experience the new physics, i guess.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. nipzon

nipzon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    My feeling is that it is more enjoyable to drive. No harder nor easier just fun. What I do notice is that I have to fight quiet hard to catch the AI, like they have super grip mid corner and exit, but falls back quickly after I over take them. I would expect them to fight back much more seeing I battled to catch them.
    So I voted I feel no change.

• Like Like x 1
  10. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    I have had more spins with the new physics, easier to push it over the limit.
    And I like it! :kissingheart: :)

• Agree Agree x 5
  11. Drei

Drei Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +82 / 0 / -0
    oh, so it is not only me.... i guess it is the combination of the GT3 physics update and the FFB change. On my side the car tend to loose the back much more easier, and i dont get that strong feedback on the wheel like before (especially on bumpy roads like Bathurst Skyline/Dipper area), however the front seems to be a bit more stable then before, with very good feedback.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. gp20

gp20 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0
    I don't know but after having played during a couple of hours IRacing, i think that GT3s in R3E are easyer to drive.
    The speed in curb can be higher without understeering.
    I don't know which is wrong.

13. Bee

Bee Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +45 / 0 / -0
    YES! Not only the GTR3 but also the P2 cars are much more forgiving in terms of grip. Were i had to lift to avoiding the rear breaking out, now i have noticed i can go half gas and / or go full throttle earlier. The consequence for me is that i have to set the difficulty at a higher level so i need to push more and find new limits.
    With the P2 cars...well, i do not know what to do to loose the rear. The car seems to be glued on the track. Bathurst 4th corner "the cutting". I enter the corner of throttle. Before the patch i carefully would apply the throttle while now in mid corner i can slam the throttle down. The only consequence is that i hear the left rear wheel spin but the car stays glued on the track. More throttle during the exit will produce understeer.

BUT...this isn't a bad thing. Mistakes are still mistakes and on Bathurst this means big trouble when hitting the wall. I have also set the AI difficulty at a higher level. When i set it at 120% i can do what i want but the AI is gone at the horizon. At 115% (a level i could only dreamed of before the update), not a single mistake is allowed to keep up in the top ten (which is different for each track as cars also have different behaviour at different tracks).

• Agree Agree x 1