New Logitech drivers

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Raaf, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Raaf

Raaf Active Member

Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0
    So I just replaced the Logitech drivers with the new March 2016 ones for my DFGT wheel in preparation for the patch.

First thing I noticed my wheel was now standard locked at 200°.

So I changed the global settings to wheel lock at maximum, and checked the 'Allow games to modify settings' box. I think only that last thing is needed for R3E to function correctly, isn't it? And don't start the Logitech profiler when running R3E?

Now I also own Race 07 which I occasionally use for some special cars, like the Mini or the Caterham or Aston Martin, but until now I never worried about the steering lock and sensitivity. How does Race 07 handle this? Do I need to use the profiler to adjust the lock, and how do I know what is an appropriate lock for the car? Or does Race 07 behave similarly as R3E and sets it at real values? I didn't find an in game adjustment setting like in R3E?

I have similar questions about rFactor 2, which I try to drive on occasions, but this is probably not the right forum to ask about it.

2. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475 / 0 / -0
    I have been getting the wheel lock at 200 lately as well - and the accompanying super-sensitive steering as a result. I have not downloaded the new drivers yet, but what fixes this for me is closing the game, unplugging wheel, plug back in, reselect the profile (global profiles are OFF) and start the game back up - this solves it every time for me lately.

It's a pain, but one i've come to expect from the logitech profiler.

3. Raaf

Raaf Active Member

Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0
    Is that for R3E or Race 07?

4. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475 / 0 / -0
    Hi that's for R3E - I never actually played Race 07. Although, I may have found a solution - stress may since other variables are in play, but i had this issue today with R3E. Wheel was doing the 180 degree lock thing and steering was hyper sensitive as a result - one twitch of the wheel causes a U-turn. I tried the usual restart/disconnect deal, still had the problem....

So, I went into the profiler Edit -> Specific Game Setting and unchecked "Use special Game settings" which i always had checked for god knows why reason - probably because "allow game to adjust" is a child of that option. Anyway I unchecked it, the "allow game to adjust" stays checked default. When i started R3E all was fixed. But there's another variable - I also task managed out of the Logitech profiler (totally exited profiler) and restarted the profiler before doing this, so that very well may caused the fix too - so i really won't know for a couple weeks. If this never happens again, that "Use special Game settings" setting may be the offender - we'll see. Is yours checked?

Attached Files:

5. Mz Baker

Mz Baker Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    I am fairly sure Rfactor2 and I know Automobilista and AC both do but
    Race 07 does Not set it with real values. You need to setup what you want in the Logitech profiler before you start game.

Not sure why you have said "And don't start the Logitech profiler when running R3E" I have always run the profiler before any racing game and there was never a problem. only ever been problems for me when I did not run profiler first.

6. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Logitech crapware. Their software so often causes problems. Me too shall not launch the Profiler manually when going for RR, else I end up in hell'S kitchen. In AC however I MUST launch the game via the Profiler.

The version of their software before latest update in March was known to be cuasing probpoems and to be partially incompatabile with Windows since 2008 or 2010. They never cared to fix that deep-laying basic problem. Now they do: only at the cost of needing a KB-update from march last year that was a known and notorious trouble maker back then and meant messy hours and plenty of repair efforts for tens of thousands of users.

I reject to use their update, it already took me some time to defend my W7 status against assaulting Microsoft W10 update malware. And I can unlock full wheel rotation anyway (3rd + 2nd red button + bottom black button on throttle unit).

Good hardware at times, at least economic compromises, but so often lousy software: Logitech. I am currently thinking of promoting myself into a higher league of FFB wheel quality, although not due to this issue.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. theravenousbeast

theravenousbeast Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155 / 0 / -0
    Try this: have the profiler started in the background, start up R3E and then alt-tab back out, open the profiler, open up edit -> specific game settings and then close it back.

edit: this is if you actually have created a specific profile for R3E as I have.

8. BoogerMac

BoogerMac New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Are y'all having trouble getting the in-game wheel to match as well? Ever since I download the update, the game will not correctly match my G27, even if I set it to a custom value.

9. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475 / 0 / -0
    Yup, the profiler definitely feels like a necessary evil right now for me. I've run without it too, which helped for some issues, but in the end I ended up preferring to use it more than not.

@BoogerMac I usually run with hidden wheel so can't comment there

Last edited: Apr 4, 2016
  10. BoogerMac

BoogerMac New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    No worries @ElNino. What suck is, R3E is the only game not "reading" my wheel rotation correctly. Every time I select "match setup", it defaults my wheel to 450-degrees. When I set to custom rotation of 900 (or 880), the in-game wheel does all sorts of funky stuff.

What suck is, the "match setup" setting worked perfectly before I updated the Logitech drivers :(.

11. BoogerMac

BoogerMac New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    So after more messing around, the Audi TT Cup, FR2, and DTM 2015 cars all match my wheel (up to whatever the vehicle settings are). However, the ADAC and WTCC cars only rotate to 450 in game, even though the vehicle steering settings are set to 540 for each.

12. Edward Gonzales

Edward Gonzales New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Try removing the arms from the wheel, it worked for me. If you want my G25 settings after trying it just reply. Can't believe I fixed it, matching and rotation frustrations.

13. GregoryLeo

GregoryLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +360 / 0 / -0
    [QUOTE="Raaf, post: 61581, member: 4524]
    Now I also own Race 07 which I occasionally use for some special cars, like the Mini or the Caterham or Aston Martin, but until now I never worried about the steering lock and sensitivity. How does Race 07 handle this? Do I need to use the profiler to adjust the lock, and how do I know what is an appropriate lock for the car? Or does Race 07 behave similarly as R3E and sets it at real values? I didn't find an in game adjustment setting like in R3E?.[/QUOTE]
    My experience is that race 07 is not able to adjust the wheel rotation. What I was told when I first got into racing sims is, you have to set it at a rotation limit that feels the most real. Most people seem to the think that 540 degrees (or as close as you can get to that. I tended to end up at 543 degrees.) was what felt the closest to real steering. It works for me, but I never really experimented too much with it.
    Also, I find it works best for me to have game specific profiles for all my sims. That way if I have a problem in one game there is no question about what effect my changes will have on all the others.

• Informative Informative x 1
  14. Edward Gonzales

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My experience is that race 07 is not able to adjust the wheel rotation. What I was told when I first got into racing sims is, you have to set it at a rotation limit that feels the most real. Most people seem to the think that 540 degrees (or as close as you can get to that. I tended to end up at 543 degrees.) was what felt the closest to real steering. It works for me, but I never really experimented too much with it.
    Also, I find it works best for me to have game specific profiles for all my sims. That way if I have a problem in one game there is no question about what effect my changes will have on all the others.[/QUOTE]
    Race 07 is pretty wheel friendly, I don't think Simbin put too much thought into wheel rotation deg. probably to avoid problems like these. A Mini should have way more throw than a F3 so what works best for you save with notepad or screenshots. Depends on how realistic you wanna be.

• Informative Informative x 1
  15. BoogerMac

BoogerMac New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Interesting...never though about removing the arms. I'll give it a shot next time I fire up the game.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Stiku

Stiku Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Or could it be that there wasn't many wheels on the market with 900° of turning radius.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Edward Gonzales

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Good luck, I hope it sorts it out! :)

18. Edward Gonzales

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    True, and the thing about wheel settings is everyone has their own preference..so once you find yours and your setting good lap times you're golden! ;)

• Agree Agree x 1