Which cars/series have Traction Control/ABS in R3E/Real Life

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Metalogic, Apr 6, 2016.

1. Metalogic

Metalogic Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +234 / 0 / -0
    I've come to realize that some series have traction control and/or ABS in R3E, even in Get Real settings, which I assume mirrors these series in real life? Which series have traction control and/or ABS in R3E in Get Real mode? Also which have DRS?

I've noticed that you can map buttons to switch between traction control presets, how do these presets work? Thanks!

2. Tuborg

Tuborg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +457 / 0 / -0
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Metalogic

Ratings:
    +234 / 0 / -0
    Thanks, I missed that when it was originally posted.

Does use of traction control adversely affect performance/feel?

• Like Like x 1
  4. haik

haik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +46 / 0 / -0
    Feel, I don't feel (sic) that much. Performance, I would say not really - I'm in the "let the computer do its thing, it's usually way better than I am" ;)
    You can always set up TC the way you like: you can specify presets with the amount of TC in the car setup and switch to any preset while on the track (you may have to rebind the key to your liking).And you can have a preset with no TC at all if you want to.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2016
  5. Metalogic

Ratings:
    +234 / 0 / -0
    What level of traction control is most commonly used for GT3 racing?

6. The_Grunt

The_Grunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +168 / 0 / -0
    I think that information is something teams do not generally share. It is after all one part of the car setup and thus one detail in setting up a competitive car in general.

7. digitizer

digitizer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +117 / 0 / -0
    I don't use TC with GT3 (i don't need it) but for Audi R18 i'm just do several start trainings and reduce TC1 preset from 50% to 40% (in race i can reduce TC one more). I think you need to find TC presets comfortable for youself. Maybe probably one for "launch control" and one for the race.
    I'm not fast driver and can be wrong
    Good start for me is always a pain

8. haik

haik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +46 / 0 / -0
    I guess it mainly depends on track condition (be it clean/used track, temperature, and so on), tyre wear (I guess they up TC more as tyres wear in the end of a run) and driver preference.
    Remember that IRL (as in the game), TC can be adjusted in-car anyway.

In R3E, I usually run something like default preset 1 or 2 (ie: just a tad bit of TC), it's plenty enough.
    I sometimes turn it up a bit depending on the track - like in Laguna Seca, where the exit of T2 (the hairpin at the end of pit straight) has a tendency to kill me :eek:

9. Muca

Muca Active Member

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    As far as I know pro drivers dont like TC at all and don't use it. Amateur drivers use usually a bit traction control.
    I guess it also depends on the car.

As you can feel the car the whole time TC is not a game changer in GT3 cars I would assume.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2016
  10. Metalogic

Ratings:
    +234 / 0 / -0
    So if you have never changed the TC presets and just race a GT3/ADAC car, what TC setting is it using by default?