Problem All AI DNF or crash near end of race

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by DrDetroit, Apr 9, 2016.

1. DrDetroit

DrDetroit Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Hello all,

So was racing DTM 2014 Championship mode, mandatory pit stop, 45-minute race, with Get Real setting and I believe adaptive AI. Near the end of the race, the last few laps, most of the AI drivers either crashed or just stopped on track and eventually ended up back in the pit. Every AI car was a DNF. I'll race the 2nd race tomorrow and see if the same issue happens.

Never had this happen prior before. Anybody else having this issue?

Good day,
    DrDetroit

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Sven Blumenthal

Sven Blumenthal Active Member

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
  3. Glygoo

Glygoo New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    After a couple of days practicing with the latest update I was very pleased with the feel of the cars with my G27 and I thought, "This is really good". So I started an ADAC GT Championship with Adaptive AI and compulsory pitstop. In the first race I did my pitstop then I got a message to say I had a Drive-through penalty for not pitting?????? I carried on and got disqualified. Then on to the second race and again I took my pitstop then the lap after I got a Drive-through penalty, so this time I came in for a Drive-through and the car stopped in the pit?????? After I left the pit I was in last position, then with a couple of minutes left in the race I passed an AI car that had stopped on track, then another two, then another and so on. There were AI cars crashed and stopped all around the track, so I finished first and the 15 AI cars all got DNF. Has anybody else had this problem? Do the devs know about it? It's a shame because I was really beginning to like RRRE after all this time it's been in development.

4. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    You have to take your mandatory pitstop while the pitwindow is open, if you pit before that or afterwards the pitstop won't count.
    Also you must change at least one set of tyres (front or rear) for the stop to count as a mandatory stop.
    AI running out of fuel is being investigated.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Glygoo

Glygoo New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I'm pretty sure I pitted within the window because it said PITLANE CLOSES IN THREE MINUTES and I pitted as soon as I saw the message therefore within the three minutes (a lap at Oschersleben is about 1:35 in ADAC GT McLaren) and the tyre swap front to back (ADAC rules) was highlighted green in the PIT MENU. I'm glad they're looking at AI fuel issue though. It was a great race up to this point although Adaptive AI tend to weave and slowdown too much. Maybe it improves as Championship progresses?

6. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Another reason you might have received that penalty could be speeding in the pitlane. You have to make sure to brake before entering the pitlane so you don't exceed the limit when crossing the line. You can assign a limiter button to make sure you don't enter the lane too fast.
    AI behaviour is not being affected by adaptive AI, only their speed. But the devs are aware of the AI issues at hand and working on improving those. Hang in a little, should get fixed asap.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. DrDetroit

DrDetroit Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the reply Christian. I'll change to 30-min and see if the AI stop running out of fuel.

So when pitting I only need to change/swap 1 set of tires? I do all four tires, which is probably why my pit crew is 10-seconds slower than the AI pit crew - 70 seconds.

8. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    In ADAC GT Masters, you don't need to rotate the tires at all. It is possible, but it adds 10 seconds to your minimum pit stop time so you usually shouldn't do it.

9. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    In addition to what majuh wrote, if your pitstops take considerably longer than the AIs there's two other possible reasons.
    1. You're refuelling and they don't.
    2. You're not requesting the pitstop before pulling into the pitlane, in which case it's like your crew doesn't know you're coming and are unprepared. In this scenario several seconds preparation time will be added on top of the regular pitstop time. You can assign a button in the controller options menu for requesting a stop.

10. DrDetroit

DrDetroit Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Ah, thanks guys. I thought I had to at least rotate tires - and yes, I do top off the tank - so I will have to remedy this.

Thanks again!

11. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    No problem.
    You can create a couple presets in the pitstop preset menu. In there you can disable certain actions on the right (tyres front, tyres rear and refuelling) by simply clicking on the thing you want to disable (so it turns from green to white).

• Useful Useful x 1
  12. Svenson

Svenson New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hello there, in Oschersleben ADAC GT 2014 Championship mode when you do the mandatory pitstop directly at the beginning you go of street to enter pitlane you get a drivetrough penalty everytime. tested it with 60min race 2 times... thats very disapointing... :( i meen when leaving the track. directly in the first corner to the pit...

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Glygoo

Glygoo New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    So that's why I got drive through, I noticed the same when you enter the pitlane at Oschersleben you get a CUT TRACK warning every time.

14. Glygoo

Glygoo New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    So the mandatory pitstop takes 60 seconds even if no work is done to the car?

15. Glygoo

Glygoo New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    So is it correct that there is no refuelling in ADAC GT because I cannot see an option in the PIT MENU for adding fuel, or is it always done automatically? Thanks.

16. Mz Baker

Mz Baker Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    I thought a driver swap was compulsory? yes 60 seconds minimum is what I heard.

17. MattStone

MattStone Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +169 / 0 / -0
    Just a question re pit stops
    Regardless of which class, car or track, or experience ..if I do a pit stop, at the end of the race it records me as being last no matter what place I finish. Do you guys have the same issue?

I don't get any warnings or violations, I do a driver swap so I'm not sure if it's something I'm doing.
    Even after pitting I get this warning on screen saying "you must pit in 3"

18. Mz Baker

Mz Baker Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    yea I get that too in race weekends but not in championships.

19. pargiNOS

pargiNOS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +46 / 0 / -0
    Found another bug with the pit stop today, enter the pits, confirmed actions, but the car stayed there with the acceleration stuck at full revs, one and a half minute i was waiting and then i had to quit the race.
    WTCC 15 championship race at zandvoort.
    We need some fix about those issues, cause the game like this, is only for MP or Hotlap.

20. MattStone

MattStone Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +169 / 0 / -0
    This happens on multiple tracks for me