Problem Wheel Rotation (Profiler and Ingame)

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Matti, Apr 3, 2016.

1. Matti

Matti New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi all,

I'm new to racing with a Wheel. I bought a DFGT to get some Experience.
    But I stuck at the beginning.
    When I set 900 degrees in the Profiler, with allowing the Game to make changes, the Wheel on Screen is not sync with the steering Wheel and the Car is far away from good handling. I tried the visable Rotation in the Menu with both degrees (900 from the Profiler and for example the 540 for the Audi from GT Masters) but nothing helped.
    I started the Game from Steam (Profiler was open) and from the Profiler, everytime the same Problem.
    Maybe someone can help with some suggestions.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2016
  2. LTC Mike

LTC Mike Active Member

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    As I have recognized today, there seems to be something f**ed up again with this system: Today afternoon I did some really nice rounds first in the 2014 WTCC - and as I rcognized after the update that there seems top be an option to get the cockpit driving wheel with driver animation in sync with the rotation angle from the cars setup I gave it a chance again. And surpise: it worked as intended.

Then I purchased NORDS and the 2015 and did some more testing. Everything worked like said above. Then I stopped playing to have dinner, shut down R3E - and another surprise: after restarting it 2 hours later everything is odd as before. The animated driving wheel just turns 90° to each side, while the external view shows that the tyres turn the correct 380° something in each direction.

Even killing my profile once again - I started with a complete fresh installation with this update - didn't bring back the correct driver/wheel-animation in cockpit view again.

Guys what's going on with this? What stuff is fiddling with the configuration that even not a complete profile reset will help. That's really weird ...

3. Georg Ortner

Georg Ortner KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +3,507 / 0 / -0
    Make sure you installed the latest drivers. They were updated a few weeks ago.

4. LTC Mike

LTC Mike Active Member

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    You mean the Fanatec ones? I have Version 231 (Beta) - Fanatec never seems to have final ones - and Firmware 141 ... and I can't find newer ones at the Fanatec website in the downloads section.

5. Gopher04

Gopher04 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    That is the norm apart from the Audi TT cup & F2 cars.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Matti

Matti New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Installed this Version (5.10.127) from the Logitech Website. Available since March,14.

Maybe I'm too stupid to configure that Wheel. I watched a lot of Videos before I posted here and read through some other Forums to make it step by step in the right way. Nothing worked from what I've found.
    Finally I'm not so lazy and drive with a Controller and now the Wheel doesn't like me :rage:

7. LTC Mike

LTC Mike Active Member

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    Then why did it work with the WTCC 2014 and 2015 - I activated the new option to show animated driver+wheel depending on the car setup and I got correct turning angles - but only till I ended R3E and started it again a few hours later?

8. Fleskebacon

Fleskebacon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +258 / 0 / -0
    I think it's a bit unstable. I don't know where the bug lies, if it's the game or the drivers.

For me it's working like it's supposed to most of the time, with soft lock and the in-game steering wheel matching the rotation of my wheel rotation settings and everything.

But sometimes it just doesn't. Sometimes I get a full 900 degrees rotation, no matter what settings I use in game. The in-game wheel still turns only 540 degrees or whatever it's set to, but I have to turn my G27 a full 900 degrees to lock. To remedy this, I simply restart R3E, and then everything works perfectly again.

I use "match settings" for in-game wheel rotation.

Updated the drivers to the latest 5.10 version as of March 14 and I have no profiles, only checked "allow game to adjust" and set rotation to 900 degrees in profiler global settings.

I had this problem prior to the update as well, so it's probably nothing new. It just seems that the game on random occasions is unable to set the rotation of the G27.

9. Thug-Life

Thug-Life Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    Why after uptating the logitech drivers, cars with 540 degrees have a 13 steering lock by default (cars with 360 degrees, now using 11 by default). For 540 degrees would be 23 like before new drivers. But now only can set up to 20 maximun (8-20 range). I have a DFGT.

10. rad

rad Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +458 / 0 / -0
    I guess S3S used real-life values for those.

11. Thug-Life

Thug-Life Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    13 is not a realistic steering lock for 540 degrees at all. The minimum sould be 16 and 23 max. ;)

[​IMG]

But now, after updatin de logitech drivers, I only can set a steering lock from 8 to 20. WTF??

12. fl0wf1r3

fl0wf1r3 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +235 / 0 / -0
    I still don't understand the thing between steering lock and wheel rotation. Why is it likes this? why two values? what for? this is part is in pCars straight forward, simple.

13. fl0wf1r3

Ratings:
    +235 / 0 / -0
    Ok, finally I understood the settings :) I put booth values to the maximum/minium and vice versa to see its effect. Actually it is pretty simple, but no explanation in the game, unfortunately.
    The "steering lock" defines the maximum angle of steering lock for the wheels. The "wheel range" in raceroom defines the value of rotation that is needed to reach this angle of steering lock. Depending of the track you are driving on you will adjust the "wheel range" to your needs. The "steering lock" value is theoretically set from the manufacturer.

14. testdriver69

testdriver69 Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    i always have to adjust my degrees of wheel rotation on the wheel when i change cars. fanatec gt2 , shouldn't it be possible that i put my wheel at max. 900degrees rotation and then raceroom calculates the matching rotation for the car i am actually driving ? it should also be possible to flag different keys for shifting . i always have to change wheel shifting to seq touringcar shifting with my seq cs shifter when changingncars :( also a H Shifter .. the game should save per car settings for the controller. that would be convinient !

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    This isnt necessarily correct.

Steering rotation/steering angle/or wheel range is simply how far you turn your physical wheel in a circle before it stops turning. So, 540 degrees as is common for GT race cars is 3/4 of a turn in either direction. You wont increase or decrease this usually unless you have a different preference than is standard for a certain class of car or have a hardware limitation. Some people race with 270 degrees of rotation because that is all their wheel supports, and others use higher DoR for every class of car because they dont really care. Even in open wheelers which typically have very low DoR.

Steering lock is how far your wheels turn for a given steering rotation. The higher the lock, the farther the wheels will turn before they dont turn any further. So, an increased steering lock will allow you to have a slightly tighter turning radius.

As such, steering lock is traditionally what is changed to achieve different turning angles. A track like Macau will need a much higher steering lock for the same steering rotation just to be able to turn the car enough for that nasty hairpin.

Steering ratio (what you said Pcars has) is simply the ratio of Steering rotation:Steering lock. Pcars obfuscates this by having the choices in separate menus. In the car setup, you get steering ratio, yet you can change your steering rotation in the wheel setup menu... which would make the steering ratio different... So, practically speaking, what Pcars allows you to change in the car setup menu, is the steering lock despite calling it steering ratio. Since your DoR doesnt change with this setting, just how much you can turn the wheels before the car reaches its limits. Which is what steering lock is.

You can calculate steering ratio in R3E simply by doing some arithmetic ;)

• Informative Informative x 1
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2016
  16. fl0wf1r3

Ratings:
    +235 / 0 / -0
    ok, that's a perfect explanation :) thank you

• Like Like x 1
  17. rustyboat

rustyboat New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Solved wheel match problem with Logitech G923 wheel & Raceroom's in game virtual wheel. Couldn't solve wheel rotation match with "Match wheel" selection in car setup. Solved by 1st setting G923 wheel rotation of 900 degrees in Logitech Ghub (standard for g923 wheel.) In Raceroom car setup Options found "steering wheel sensitivity" slider and started readjusting steering sensitivity slider and comparing virtual wheel & g923 wheel rotation in game. I reset seat position so virtual wheel was visible. It was tedious doing repetitive slider adjustments & comparing wheels' rotation while in prerace pit screen. Eventualy got them both to match perfectly and I was off to the races.

18. Peter Koch

Peter Koch Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +191 / 0 / -0
    That's the most stupid solution to a 7 year old thread.
    Leave the Steering sensitivity to 50.

19. rustyboat

rustyboat New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    What a reply - that tells others what to do with no reasoning behind it, nor alternative. Insulting at best and in violation of website rules. I'll quote Adlai Stevenson..."Have you no human decency". Look up definition of the word stupid & it does not apply.

20. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +355 / 0 / -0
    Maybe he was rude but he has a point nonetheless. Changing steering linearity from 50% to anything else to fix wheel synchronization issue is not a solution, but an absolute last resort when everything else doesn't work because it will only work for a part of your steering range and even then it will only be an approximation.

If the only thing you tried was "Match setup", and steering range doesn't change automatically (I heard there's a problem with G923) then there are more things you can try.
    1) You can change steering range in Logitech software manually. On the car setup page you'll find steering range value for your car (it's called "steering angle").
    2) Or you can set steering range to whatever value you like in Logitech software (for example, 540), then on the car setup page set "steering angle" (that's your steering range) to this value and adjust "steering lock" (that's how far your front wheels turn) so that your front wheels don't turn too slow or too fast. For example, GT3 cars in this game have 540 degrees steering range and 16 degrees steering lock, that's a quite good combination, although some people prefer faster steering (either by lowering steering range or increasing steering lock).

Last edited: Jul 25, 2023