English ESR

Discussion in 'Leagues & Communities' started by ::SKRO::, Jun 17, 2015.

1. Yevgeny Lazorenko

Yevgeny Lazorenko Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +793 / 0 / -0
    better use something like this

2. Pastor_Chris

Pastor_Chris Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108 / 0 / -0
    We should make it manditory for people to use the crew chief app as it tells you when there is a blue flag

• Like Like x 2
  3. chrisnj

chrisnj Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +78 / 0 / -0
    Or everyone just learn spacial awareness. This is a skill that all drivers need to learn. And besides i don't think think the Flag call is as reliable as his spotting from my experience.

Your number one concern on track is to be safe. The Crew Chief is a great tool, but is not the fix. The application is simply a tool to help with your Awareness but does not replace your mirrors/opponent time gap/mini map/Ears. All the things mentioned before are a top priority as a back marker and front runner alike.

Before you know it you wont focus so much on awareness, it will become second nature.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Mike Davies

Mike Davies Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +152 / 0 / -0
    So I had my first ESR race this past weekend, at it was amazing!!! Such a great league. Only criticism I would have is the formation lap should be done a lot slower (maybe add more time to the clock to compensate?) Im s till new so my opinion isnt super valid, but I just think we got a little too spaced out during the formation laps. Felt like we were racing right until the last straight, and even then I barely caught up.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Genghiz Kahn

Genghiz Kahn Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +116 / 0 / -0
    Maybe it's time we do some testing on "traffic waves" or "the pinch effect" to make it easier for the back of the field in the formation lap? I have yet to be fortunate enough to be the lead car but Perhaps the lead cars slow when coming back around to the start/finish line to give the back time to tighten up?

• Like Like x 1
  6. ::SKRO::

::SKRO:: Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +972 / 0 / -0
    Maybe we can then set a 110kmh cruising speed for formation lap so we should be able to avoid sudden acceleration/braking burst.
    Also, we are working on some (still undisclosed) news that might bring some extra juice to the ESR community :)
    We'll keep you posted! :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Mike Davies

Ratings:
    +152 / 0 / -0
    Ya that should help. It seemed like the leader did that this time around as well, but even in the youtube video for the ESR Nurburgring race, the starts seems really spread out. I guess really its good in a way because itll help with less turn 1 wrecks

8. Mike Davies

Ratings:
    +152 / 0 / -0
    OoOo sounds delish

9. Bobby Edge

Bobby Edge Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    Assuming the offender hasn't been notified, it may be a good idea to let them know or post up a clip of the incident.

Not to oust the offender or anything like that, but it's always educational for the group as a whole and will let them understand the issue.

I know at Zolder I had an incident with Emilio. Originally I thought it was a racing incident (still me mostly at fault). Emilio was kind enough to send me a clip and I could see it was 100% my fault and I could have avoided it. I try to race cleanly but there is always something to be learned/possible for me improve my racecraft.. Which is something that clip allowed me to analyze and be mindful of in the future.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Bobby Edge

Bobby Edge Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    This season it definitely seeks like there is a pace discrepancy which has lead to issues like this.

Just a reminder to lapped cars, be mindful of your mirrors and the timing system. Move to the outside / give the faster car the preferred line.

You really aren't losing much time and honestly can benefit from doing this correctly at an opportune moment. It allows you to draft the faster car, learn a little, and possibly use them as a way to navigate through other lapped cars who you may be fighting for positions.

Just like Verstappen at Monaco in '15. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  11. Mike Davies

Ratings:
    +152 / 0 / -0
    Yes I totally agree. I was one of those lapped cars as I am very new to racing (i think I did a good job of letting cars by though)
    and I found it a great help following behind faster lead lap cars. Seeing their line and braking zones was nice :)

12. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    Next time we will provide the clip used to the persons involved privately. Good idea.
    But with that said I do not think posting the video in the thread is a good idea. This can lead to arguments and everyone to put in their 2 cents ( agree and disagree )
    Some people could/can have very negative responses to a penalty or other people opinions

• Agree Agree x 3
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2016
  13. Insaneozzy

Insaneozzy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +242 / 0 / -0
    I agree with @MeMotS to post the clip on the open thread is a no no, it would be better if the drivers involved were contacted in a conversation which included the clip and an adjudicator to discuss and resolve the dispute in a mature adult fashion.

As far as the overtaking issue goes, I feel there are two ways we can handle the slower traffic scenario,
    1, Have the slower guys move over to allow the faster guys clean passage, which can have some problems as the slower cars can be unpredictable and may not move quick enough, so it could get ugly.
    2, The slow guys stay on their line and the faster guys make their way past when they have a clean oppurtunity to do so.
    Which I believe is the case in most real life series, it is in the Aussie V8SC.
    This would bring about safer passing in my opinion, due to everyone knowing that its up to the faster guys to make the pass at a point that is safe for both drivers, it will also allow the slower guys to stay on the racing line and not have to guess where the faster guys are going to overtake, as in, on the left or right side, after the next corner etc etc.

BTW Im on my lappy atm as my rig is packed up so I can lay some laminate floors in my kitchen, should be back together Thursday if all goes to plan. House renovations are a PITA, but Im getting massive brownie points with the wife, and you know what they say, happy wife, happy life;);):p

Cheers

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Alice Margatroid

Alice Margatroid Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +56 / 0 / -0
    as far as how a slower car should drive to allow a faster car by, its not that hard overall. just like normal they get to pick ether the middle inside if they want that inside entrance, or the outer entrance otherwise. if they go outside entrance, then they can break a little earlier to allow the faster car on the inside. if they go inside, they are telling the faster drivers that they need the main line to safely clear the corners, and as such, the faster drivers should aim to make the overtake happen on the corner exit. for touring cars blue flags are advisory only, and as such, its up to the slower drivers to make the choice to see if they wish to pick up the pace, or give up the lap.

honestly though, we need solid drivers meetings to remind people of the rules. and perhaps have a solid driving standards code written down somewhere.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Insaneozzy

Insaneozzy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +242 / 0 / -0
    I agree, this a absolute must for any league, there are some basic guidelines on page 1 of this thread here even though I feel they need to updated as they are rather vague and I disagree with the "no gentleman rule" if you take some one out you should redress IMO.

Cheers

16. TodlichesKraut

TodlichesKraut Active Member

Ratings:
    +38 / 0 / -0
    In regards to slower cars, we already have flashy headlights why not add the capability of blinkers. It would be a no fail way to send a clear message to all the alien drivers what side of the track your staying on and what side will be clear to pass on IMO.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Alice Margatroid

Alice Margatroid Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +56 / 0 / -0
    you can do this with out the need for any such blinkers just by being smart and putting your car where its clear what you want to do. if you look at any major multi class series (most of which allow the use of blinkers) you will find that they are rarely used outside of mechanical failures. as I have said before, and I will say it again, if you take the middle or the inside of the track, you are able to use that to tell the drivers behind you that you need the inside. the faster drivers either have to go around, or will better yet, aim for a good exit and pass you on the next strait. and if you want them past fast, take the outside, and roll on the brakes sooner. its not that hard.

again, all drivers are entitled to the racing line regardless of speed. you should never just try to get out of the way, instead you want to give the position in a way which cost nether you, or the faster driver much time and is safe and controllable. give them the door you want them to take, and they will take it while respecting you and your car. its that simple.

as far as flashing headlights, they are pretty useless in a mp environment, irl they are useful especially at night to help the driver being approached, identify that a new car is approaching it, and it also helps them id which class the car is from.
    in game of course, you can use it, but more often then not, it will just annoy, or panic the driver in front.

18. Genghiz Kahn

Genghiz Kahn Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +116 / 0 / -0
    im gunna have to agree with Alice on this one!
    Flashing the headlights i think is pointless, ive seen them in game and pretty much ignore them or not see them at all.

I think we're all going to get plenty of practice this Saturday/Sunday at Norisring! :D
    Blue Flags everywhere, if there were any

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2016
  19. TodlichesKraut

TodlichesKraut Active Member

Ratings:
    +38 / 0 / -0
    Completely agree with you Alice. In ESR for the most part everyone tries to respects each other share the track and give each other room. Can't be said for the rest of raceroom! As for flashy lights, I was trying to say RR has given us those why not some blinker as well.

20. Goran Gorgiev

Goran Gorgiev Active Member

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    Khan, inspire me to write this post.

Before you read this post, start the song from Drake – Hotline Bling

Aaaa Norisring …..:rolleyes:

Braking …. much late braking........much off roading.

Walls …. to much walls …… walls with paint….

3 way ……. maybe even …. 4 way

Blue flags …… yea

Safety cars ……… we don’t have…..you wish….

Aaaa Norisring perfect track for helluva driving experience:D

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1