Nordschleife - too smooth

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Chris Kemp, Apr 10, 2016.

1. c3lix

c3lix Active Member

Ratings:
    +43 / 0 / -0
    I would have died if I was in the car with him, insane driving. It looked like in raceroom but faster.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    I thought the complete opposite.
    Calm relaxed driving totally in his comfort zone, raceroom seems faster and a very hectic, manic even, maybe thats just me!

3. muzikant

muzikant Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +112 / 0 / -0
    This settings for me are good. Thanks to m.bohlken and specialy to Nate`s ;)
    It is a little light.. but you can feel the Karussel beter now ...faster.. no wip out..

4. muzikant

Ratings:
    +112 / 0 / -0
    Joachim Stuck is a real hero. That sound of the M3 love it

5. higsy

higsy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +123 / 0 / -0
    That was cool !!!

• Like Like x 1
  6. muzikant

Ratings:
    +112 / 0 / -0
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Hans Joachim Stuck (Strietzel)

• Like Like x 2
  7. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    Glad to hear my FFB settings feel good to other people ;) Personally, I like the feel of them and it does give a decent sense of the smaller bumps on the road (not just at Nordschleife).

Feel free to either increase the FFB gain in the controller setup menu, which will increase the overall FFB strength you feel in every car. Or go to the car setup menu in the garage before a race/practice and go to the steering settings where you can increase the car specific FFB values. This will only affect the individual car you are using at the time, so you would need to do this for each car you drive, but it allows you to fine tune each cars FFB strength without messing with your controllers FFB settings.

Those car specific FFB settings were tweaked a few times before they released in that big patch on March 31st, and my controller settings were most recently tweaked a short while before those final car specific FFB values were determined. (They were a bit stronger before they finally released) So this is probably why a few classes feel like the FFB is too weak. I believe the WTCC 15 cars are a good example of this. I think the car specific FFB values I use for those is around 2.300, whereas default is 1.500.

Cheers

• Like Like x 1
  8. muzikant

Ratings:
    +112 / 0 / -0
    Thank you for your explanation. Like the fact that we can all share our hobbies with each other. I come with a lot of fun here in the forum.

Cheers to all

9. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    One has to take into account the physics engine as well, the game can only show those bumps that the physics engine is capable to read from the trackdata, and can translate into visible game effects. FFB also plays a role.

However, load a replay and chose the lowest front camera there is, bumper camera or whatever, only centimeters above the tarmac, and then see. The bumps and elevation changes in the surface become more visible that way, what you usually miss when driving from hood or cockpit camera, not to mention behind-car camera (are there people still using it...? :) )

• Like Like x 1
  10. Fanapryde

Fanapryde Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    Couldn't agree more. FFB setup in PCars is a bit overcomplicated and easy to get lost. But when the settings are right, you get the exact feeling of a real car on track.

11. .OG Isaac

.OG Isaac Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +173 / 0 / -0
    inb4 logitech users get wheel rattle.

12. Chris Kemp

Chris Kemp New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I have read all the comments and advice.
    FYI i have never driven a road car at nords only race cars.
    I started Karting when i was 6 and have gone on to race many different cars in my time so i should have a pretty good idea what i'm looking at.
    So i changed the ffb as that's the only thing that had potentially changed, i didn't realise that the update had rendered my profile redundant basically.
    Started new profile, reset all controls noticed the ffb had drastically changed, tweaked it and started getting some life into it.
    Its a lot better but something at nords is just not giving me the sense of immersion i usually get on R3E.
    The karusel is totally uneventful, i find myself taking corners flat that shouldn't be, corners that require a lift to set the car up don't need it overall a lot of grip where really there is not to much, a lot of trees and tourists lol make for a bad racing surface overall. R3E does not account for this.
    Dont get me wrong R3E is the best imo but we really need accuracy.

13. rad

rad Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +458 / 0 / -0
    I think it's fine. Current real-life lap record for VLN layout is 7:57.474 by Frank Stiepler in Audi 2 years ago and current R3E record in leaderboard is 7:51.533 - 6 seconds faster, but you don't need to care that you damage the car or yourself, so it's understandable.

I agree about Karusell tho, it seems to easy to drive through it.

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2016
  14. ДДºMortICi

ДДºMortICi Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    I think there could be more sound/visual cues for the bumpiness of it, but the wheel/FFB feels fine. I can't imagine it sawing your wheel left and right (\\ \\, || ||, // // <- Your car wheels oscillating like so while driving through that section) from the bumps that are present upsetting the car so much that you would spin out, especially at the low(ish) speed you are going through in that section, it might have been worse in the past, could be smoother now. Then again I really wouldn't know as I never driven the track, let a lone in a GT3 or pro racing car designed to handle a circuit like this...

I know pCars in my opinion over did the bumpiness of that section, where its just vicious to the point where its just better to ride the flat top part... I know its not laser scanned but personally I don't really care, its still fun to drive and has a good feel both visually and car control based.

^^ Ref video of the bumpiness in pCARS @ 5:00 forward, its so harsh it just punts me out into the flat area... :/ Could be the setup though, its a bit stiff on the Merc.

I have not tried iRacings or AC versions, nor do I think I will. Don't care to spend the money on either of those, and RRRE and pCars both provide far more entertainment than either of those, again in my personal opinion/preference.

Either way, I wouldn't vest to much thought or feelings on it, I know we want as authentic and realistic experience possible from a simulation game, but at the end of the day it can only do so much and give you the best possible "representation" it can, nothing more nothing less, trust that the developers are doing the best they can with what they have available to them :)

What the hell am I doing here?! Less talkie talkie, more racy racy!

15. muzikant

Ratings:
    +112 / 0 / -0
    What are your ffb settings in Pcars?

16. Fanapryde

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    Not of much use unless you are also on Fanatec V2 ?

17. muzikant

Ratings:
    +112 / 0 / -0
    No is sad.. I have G 27

18. Jack Mitchell

Jack Mitchell Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    Just go play the Project Cars version. Then when you get fed up with constantly being in the air and rattled about, come back to this one.

19. muzikant

Ratings:
    +112 / 0 / -0
    I am not realy a Pcars fan because the feel conected on the Roda when you drive.. But maybe with good ffb settings I Will give it a try..

20. Fanapryde

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    Though that seems to happen, I never had an issue like that, not on PS4, not on PC (combined over 600 hrs). And there is lots of people who haven't...

• Agree Agree x 1