English ESR

Discussion in 'Leagues & Communities' started by ::SKRO::, Jun 17, 2015.

1. DirtyriceTX

DirtyriceTX Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +61 / 0 / -0
    James what do you use to record and edit?

I have always been taught that it is the responsibility of the passing driver to make a clean pass, if you don't know how to pass, you don't know how to race. I do an iracing league where all of our races are 2 hours and 40mins minimum, some oval races go to 4 hours. With out good racecraft, you end up with a lot of accidents and angry people. If you take a slower driver and have someone aggressive on his bumper he may start to drive his mirrors, if he does this and then makes a random decision to pull off, many time it results in the car which is trying to pass not knowing he is going to do this, because it is unexpected and usually ends up way more crashes. Or he tries to take a different line to allow you to pass, and is not used to taking that line at that speed which results in him losing control or slaming on the brakes to try to make the alternative line work and ends up crashing.

Most of our passes are down on straights OR through skill by braking later and getting inside someone and taking it, Once you have it since you are faster you shouldn't have any trouble pulling away. That said if I have an obviously much faster car on my bumper I'm not going to battle him, I will hold my line but I make his pass easier at just the right time, this is only possible by holding the line and staying predictable. When they go for the pass, brake a little more and let them take it. But don't brake in the middle of a turn or in an odd spot when you should just be holding your line.

Many times a faster car will just move to the inside on the straight approaching a turn and i'll just brake more and he can take it. Works out quite well and smoothly and neither of us lose much pace. This is from a 2.4H daytona race we did, You see one contact when a gt1 driver came over into me too early lol, But otherwise lots of clean passing, since it is multiclass. People have to learn to communicate over voice chat too, so it helps if everyone is in ts. But the more predictable you are, the less communication there needs to be honestly.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2016
  2. Alice Margatroid

Alice Margatroid Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +56 / 0 / -0
    anyway, on a less serious topic.

I have tried the formula jr and its a blast. and it gave me a silly idea for a series we could try in the future. Fr Jr and the nsu mixed together. to make a low level gt and prototype series. would be fun and allow for a better multiclass series intro then jumping strait into gt3 and p2. or anything faster.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Pastor_Chris

Pastor_Chris Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108 / 0 / -0
    That would be fantastic. It would be like a multi-class race with a go-cart and smart cars

4. James Nance

James Nance Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +301 / 0 / -0
    I use Nvidia Shadowplay to record and for that video I used Sony Vegas but started using Adobe Premier, half the time to render and runs smoother, Vegas stutters for iRacing.

5. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    server had a .exe error on the dedi program. Never seen this before.
    Rebooted and running now. Not sure how long the esr servers were offline.

6. Paul Darke

Paul Darke Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +249 / 0 / -0
    I was looking for the practice servers about 14 hours ago but couldn't find any.

7. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    Please ping me right away ( all of you ) when that happens ;) here on on steam.
    I can control the server on my phone if needed and will get it running right away.

8. Pastor_Chris

Pastor_Chris Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108 / 0 / -0
    I cannot connect to the teamspeak server. I think there is a problem m8s.

9. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    Teamspeak is hosted with @Tim Cannon, I'll check

The box is there, and the Ts server is running, I think It has to do with the ip redirection thing(fuzzy.bla.bla)
    We need Tim on that

Last edited: Apr 15, 2016
  10. ::SKRO::

::SKRO:: Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +972 / 0 / -0
    Oh well taken a few laps on the Noris. This was my best (lucky) lap :D

EDIT: Oh yeah i forgot the laptime: 53.511

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2016
  11. DirtyriceTX

DirtyriceTX Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +61 / 0 / -0
    Ah I use d3dgear to record and sony vegas to render. I know what you mean about the stutters, I've switched to a different codec and upped the bit rate so my newest videos look better than the one I posted, but not quite as good a yours. I might have to look into adobe premiere.

When I tried shadowplay I thought I had issues getting the files to work in sony vegas, like mismatched audio tracks.

12. James Nance

James Nance Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +301 / 0 / -0
    I never had those sort of issues with Vegas, just that when the video was done, it would have little stutters in it. Adobe Premier is a little more complicated to use but it renders videos so much faster and has no stutters of course.

13. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    @Tim Cannon confirmed it. (from the host for the redirection saying fuzzy.hol.es has been canceled )
    More to come tonight, we might have to use direct ip

Last edited: Apr 15, 2016
  14. Tim Cannon

Tim Cannon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +255 / 0 / -0
    you guys can connect to:
    same password

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  15. ::SKRO::

Ratings:
    +972 / 0 / -0
    A VOTE FOR TIM IS A VOTE FOR THE WIN

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Sean Kenney

Sean Kenney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    A good chance I will miss tonight's race. Company staying over

17. ::SKRO::

Ratings:
    +972 / 0 / -0
    More points for me

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
  18. Sean Kenney

Sean Kenney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    I think u would beat me even if there. Going backwards at snorisring....ughhhh

New pedals and I'm not use to them yet at all.

19. ::SKRO::

Ratings:
    +972 / 0 / -0
    So we had a short race yesterday on my crappy server (sorry about the connections problem at the beginning of race session :oops:).
    Since this is a VERY FAST track (avg good lap should be in the ~54/55sec) we're gonna deal for sure with traffic, especially during Race 02. It's also a tight track and the hairpins/chicane are quite "dangerous" (you slightly go over the braking point and you're gonna overshoot 100% no doubts LOL)
    So let's keep our eyes peeled if we're being lapped and let's stick to what we said in the previous posts.
    Also! Since we had a few of us which basically had no tires left during Race 01 (--->me!) try to drive conservatively during first session cause as you know there are no pits in R01.
    Regarding Race 02, be careful when you leave the pits after you changed tires: the exit lane merges directly on the braking point for the first chicane: keep your line, stay in the lane (as you should) and don't invade the other side of the track: we don't want major pileups.

One last note about the formation laps during Race 01-02
    Let's try to form up properly when we're on the straight: scattered formation!

(thanks to @James Nance for providing the video quite a bit ago)

• Like Like x 2
  20. Insaneozzy

Insaneozzy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +242 / 0 / -0
    Not 100% sure if I'll be able to do the race, I have damaged facet joints in my neck from spinal injuries which from time to time creates extreme headaches due to muscle spasm & nerve pressure, all depends on how I wake up, hopefully a good night sleep will sort it out so I can make the grid.
    Apologies to the rest of team Holy Rollers if I don't make it.

Cheers