English ESR PUBLIC EVENTS ( Drop-in ) on week-ends

Discussion in 'Leagues & Communities' started by MeMotS, Oct 30, 2015.

1. DirtyriceTX

DirtyriceTX Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +61 / 0 / -0
    I just did a race as norising in the new forumla car, I like the first one better, but not surprising considering this is the "jr" It was a really good race with a decent sized field, only one person left before the race was done. And someone mentioned esr, i'm assuming another member.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Gerbuho

Gerbuho Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +264 / 0 / -0
    Can't find the server, nor acces TS. :confused:

3. Insaneozzy

Insaneozzy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +242 / 0 / -0
    I thought it was a SIM, obviously I'm wrong, it's just a racing GAME.
    This title has been out for 3yrs now, surely a flag system, whether you think it's worth having or not, should of been implemented by now.
    OK so we recently received the improvements as you mentioned above, more of what should/could of been implemented ages ago. I understand that the content is important to pay for licenses and wages etc, but I also feel that the base game is just as important as the content, if not more.
    But this is just my opinion, and I'm beginning to realise many don't share or see, what I see or feel in relation to being slowly bled for an alleged Sim, that doesn't, in my book, meet simulation standards.

Won't be able to make the dropin race BTW.

4. Alice Margatroid

Alice Margatroid Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +56 / 0 / -0
    lets take a moment to go though the flags one by one and see if its needed in game, or is already in it.

Green. already in the game.
    black/white: handled via in game radio message. in effect.
    Black, same as black/white
    Meatball, Could be added, normally however mechanical damage is not a problem in r3e do to its simple damage model.
    Blue. ai has it built in. normally only advisory unless talking about f1 style racing. as such not needed, but could be added.
    Single yellow, Only needed if wreck prevention is not in use. to be honest, wreck prevention makes the racing more fun as it prevents annoying wrecks from ruining everyone's race. but if people really want it to be a hardcore race, (ie much more real and much more restricted then what we run currently), only then could it be used. however I doubt as many people would have fun with it.
    Double yellow. no one wants this flag, auto towing is available for damaged/destroyed cars and it takes no time to clean the track. no oil/fluids, or body parts to warrant it. honestly, who wants to pace when we are here for racing.
    Red, for the same reason as yellow and double yellow are kinda pointless. honestly, we have no reason to stop a race in sim, and no one wants to have the race stopped.
    white: game calls it when the race clock hits zero.
    checkered, automatic when leader approaches the line when the clock is expired.

Sure, these could be added, but, unlike you, I do not see the value that these add. Things like working tire pressure, better damage, and better mc mechanics would in my mind help the sim out much more then the flag system.

• Creative Creative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Insaneozzy

Ratings:
    +242 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 1
  6. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    Well fu** again with this ....

image.jpg

As far as TS (
    you guys can connect to:
    same password
    )

** server back on now **

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2016
  7. Pastor_Chris

Pastor_Chris Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108 / 0 / -0
    I believe we need at least a blue, black, white and checkered

• Like Like x 1
  8. Bobby Edge

Bobby Edge Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    If it makes you feel better, your opinion was actually understandable and coherent.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Gerbuho

Ratings:
    +264 / 0 / -0
    no one showed up

10. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    sorry mate. my wife social circle bring me at way too many birthday party. This time its at the in-laws ....

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2016
  11. Gerbuho

Ratings:
    +264 / 0 / -0
    No worries. :)
    But I think I can see what the problem is why no other people join. I think that 8 min practice kills the possibility. For example today, I wanted to practice but I had to do it in SP mode till the event started, from then on there's only 8 minutes for people that are seeking to have the chance to see that there's one guy in one server (me). If the event had that 30 min practice, I would have been in the server way before, with more time to be seen by other people and joined. With 8 minutes you're depending on luck.

All this because these are scheduled events, I know for a permanent server sake, less practice could work better.

12. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    We reduced the overall time after some complained the that whole thing took too long. Yet those who complained still don't show up, so yes I think you are right we should increase the practice to leave more time to those who might be interested in dropping in.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. DirtyriceTX

Ratings:
    +61 / 0 / -0
    I'm going to do my best to make the next one. The iracing league i'm in only does races once a month on sunday. Making the first race on friday is hard due to my work schedule but I can usually make the second one. I agree with more practice.

14. Insaneozzy

Ratings:
    +242 / 0 / -0
    Any suggestions for this weekends drop-in gents?

I'd be keen for some Group5's at Bathurst and Zandvoort.

Cheers

15. Alice Margatroid

Alice Margatroid Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +56 / 0 / -0
    jr at hungaroring and slovikia.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Genghiz Kahn

Genghiz Kahn Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +116 / 0 / -0
    F-JR @ Luguna Seca----Macau?

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    A mix of both, Macau and Slovakia :)

• Like Like x 2
  18. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    Main post updated

Friday April 22nd 9pm EDT (1am GMT->Sat ) on ESR WEST #1.
    Formula Junior @ Macau + Slovakia Ring ( P/Q/R 12/12/20 minutes races )

Friday April 22nd 23:59pm EDT (3:59am GMT->Sat ) on ESR WEST #1.
    Formula Junior @ Macau + Slovakia Ring ( P/Q/R 12/12/20 minutes races

-------

Sunday April 24th 5pm EDT (9pm GMT) on ESR WEST #2.
    Group 5 - Gto Classic @ Bathurst + Zanvoort ( P/Q/R 12/12/20 minutes races )

Sunday April 24th 9pm EDT (1am GMT->Mon) on ESR WEST #2.
    Group 5 - Gto Classic @ Bathurst + Zanvoort ( P/Q/R 12/12/20 minutes races )

• Like Like x 1
  19. Insaneozzy

Ratings:
    +242 / 0 / -0
    Had a run in the Capri @ Zandi yesterday in prep for Sunday, what a handfull:eek:, if I can settle the car i'll be doing 1.38's for sure, atm getting mid 39's.
    Not keen on the F-jnr, doesn't feel good to me, very slow and unresponsive, have to tinker more I guess:confused:

• Like Like x 1
  20. DirtyriceTX

Ratings:
    +61 / 0 / -0
    Y u no Murican tracks for gto classics :( ?