Bug FFB cuts out

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by David Plummer, Apr 2, 2016.

1. David Plummer

David Plummer Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    Hey guys,
    First of all im loving the new patch and the new goodies we have to play with especially the ffb meter. Ive had this problem before the patch so its not that. The ffb just cuts out it happens sometimes mid corner or going from qualifying to race. Im using a G27 with all the latest drivers and updates installed, anyone else having same problem?

2. Sean Kenney

Sean Kenney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    Hmmmm, all OK here.

So u have the this month's Logitech drivers?

Maybe different USB port?

3. David Plummer

David Plummer Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    Hey Sean, yes ive uninstalled the old ones and updated, but it was happening with the old drivers too. I dont think its the wheel its only 4 months old and it doesnt happen on any other games.

4. Sean Kenney

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    Odd. Sucks...that doesn't sound like a fun bug to figure out.

Maybe put in a hep ticket?

Hopefully someone might know something here.

5. Sean Kenney

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    did you delete your r3e device and start from scratch for this update?

6. David Plummer

David Plummer Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    I deleted my 'custom' profile and selected the default g27 one, i was wondering about that bit to be honest. Ill try a different usb port too.

7. Gopher04

Gopher04 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    Since the patch I've had exactly the same thing, and it seemed happen if I use the curbs, as soon as I done that the center point of the wheel just went spongy and all other ffb effects dissapeared, the only way I could get it back was rebbot the game, I have cancelled it out by making sure I'm using the latest drivers for the T500, but if I want to reproduce it I can by either moving up the slider for the return multiplier/smoothing and the slip slider to max, which seems to cause the same problem, also every so often I seem to get a big grab of the wheel, the ffb is not smooth it's quite notchy, which it wasn't before this update there does seem to be something not right with the latest update.

8. Sean Kenney

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    well for the g27 it seems like a rare bug, or other issue...since most people I know, who have them are fine with it atm.

also update mobo usb drivers....never know.

9. David Plummer

David Plummer Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    UPDATE:

Ok after testing the wheel out on AC and RF2 the FFB is fine even when i turned it up on AC. I then drove for about 20 mins on rre and the ffb cuts out. It almost lags or freezes for a split second then goes, sometimes i can pull the plug out and get it back but most of the time i have to restart the race / session to get it back. Ive included my settings for ffb and the profile to see if ive got something up to high / low take a look guys please.

Attached Files:

10. Sean Kenney

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
  11. Gopher04

Gopher04 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    Does the G27 need to have inverted ffb on? thought those days had gone.

Mine is sorted, I tried many solutions, in the end I went with a clean install of Win 7 which seemed to cure the whole thing, what ever was causing my problem after the update started migrating to other sims, anyways all sorted now.

12. Rik Fast

Rik Fast Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +120 / 0 / -0
    If you go out of RR is the G27 without a warning sign in the devices tab (under my computer | configuration).
    Did you try to lower the maximum force in the G27 driver ( it looks in the images you already did this).

Feels the G27 extreem warm when this happens, thermal protection.

Just some thoughts
    Otherwise a cleanup from the old and new drivers should be a good way to proceed, this including registry keys.

But other games work flawless you mentioned, so maybe it's indeed between RR and the G27. I don't have a G27 so i'm expressing just some thoughts.

13. David Plummer

David Plummer Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    Hi Richard

I dont have any warning signs and the wheel it self doesnt seem to get hot at all even when playing all day (but i will play close attention to it). I removed the old drivers (just uninstalled them not sure how to do this from the registry). I just seems strange that the game just freezes just for a split second before the ffb cuts out. Im unable to replicate it each time as it can happen after 5 minutes of use and sometimes more than 30 minutes of use.I will continue to monitor and try different things to try and find a trigger for it.

14. Rik Fast

Rik Fast Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +120 / 0 / -0
    Maybe another route to think: Is the power supply briefly interrupted, bad socket or connection? (but that would also effect other games, hmmm) Do you use an extension cord for the power supply?
    Are the pedals still functional after a FFB failure?

The game freezes before FFB failure, do yo hear also some windows sound coming trough ( a beep or bing).

15. David Plummer

David Plummer Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    I do use a extension cable so ive changed it also changed the plug for the wheel itself, i dont get any beeps or error messages. The pedals are fine before and after the bug i can even continue to drive all day just without the ffb and the wheel being super light.

16. David Plummer

David Plummer Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    UPDATE:
    Ok so ive changed and checked pretty much everything that i can think of, im just going to have to put up with it i think. Its just a shame it has to happen on this sim its by far my favorite. Thank you for all of your help and comments :)

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  17. 1978rocafella

1978rocafella Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    anyone have this? inhave this FFB issue with my OSW sometimes comes quickly and sometimes after few laps, but always over heavy/ strong kerbs FFB cuts out??? not sure why and don’t get it.

18. Schweetz

Schweetz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +48 / 0 / -0
    I have it too with my G29.. At each opening lap when I got the control from the AI, the ingame-steering wheel was going nuts, wheel feels a bit warm, not that hot though.
    So, when I reading this thread, it's just re-install everything ?

19. 1978rocafella

1978rocafella Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0