Resolved R3E no longer recognises any input from XBox 360 Controller

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Metalogic, Apr 19, 2016.

1. Metalogic

Metalogic Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +234 / 0 / -0
    For some reason R3E has today stopped recognising any input from my official Microsoft XBox 360 controller, the game has detected the controller and is using the correct profile that has worked before, and I can start a race (if it doesn't detect the controller, it wouldn't do this), but none of the inputs work, either in-game or if I try to select any of them in the controller profile settings.

The Force Feedback section is also now greyed-out for my XBox 360 profile, which is wasn't before.

I tried restarting the computer, but this makes no difference. The controller still works fine in other games, such as Euro Truck Simulator 2, so I don't think it's a problem with the controller itself (which is only a few weeks old).

Does anyone know what might be the problem here?

Last edited: Apr 19, 2016
  2. Metalogic

Ratings:
    +234 / 0 / -0
    I did change some settings in Nvidia Profile Inspector earlier, might it be related to that? I don't see how anything I changed would have affected controller inputs, though!

3. Metalogic

Ratings:
    +234 / 0 / -0
    Oh this is weird - I unplugged my 360 controller and plugged in my XBox One Elite controller instead to see if that still worked (it did), then unplugged it and plugged my 360 controller back in and it started working again! How strange...

4. Rik Fast

Rik Fast Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +120 / 0 / -0
    Multiple xbox controllers connected at the same time can make RR behave unpredictable in controls (driving). Especially if you connect a wireless dongle (Xbox 360) and a wired xbox controller. Solution for now is to only connect ONE xbox controller at the time

5. Metalogic

Ratings:
    +234 / 0 / -0
    But I only had the XBox 360 controller connected when it stopped working, the wireless dongle for my Elite controller was not plugged in, nor was it's wired connection

6. Rik Fast

Rik Fast Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +120 / 0 / -0
    Then it should work as advertised ;). With one controller their aren't any know problems. What can happen is that a controller can get a new different ID so that stored mapping is not working any more, remapping is then needed.

7. Metalogic

Ratings:
    +234 / 0 / -0
    What seemed to work for me was plugging in a different controller, changing the profile to that, then unplugging, plugging the 360 controller back in, then switching back to it's profile.

Sadly doing this also reminded me how much more precise the Xbox One Controller's thumb sticks are, which makes steering much less jerky, but the lack of any rumble support for this controller in R3E makes it hard to know what's happening to the car when cornering (no slip effect rumble), so it's back to the 360 controller...