Released GTO Car Pack

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by RaceRoom, Apr 20, 2016.

1. The Angry Hamster

The Angry Hamster Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +148 / 0 / -0
    I find the GTO class to be quite fun now. The 'stable' Audi, the 'tricky' Mustang, and the 'holy-crap-that-turbo' Nissan make for quite the trio. The only minor downside is how much concentration they take to drive. They are rewarding when you get it right, but if you get tired and lose focus they won't hesitate to toss you off track in a hurry :p

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. bigkevracer

bigkevracer Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    congrats sector 3 you have nailed the mustang sound track.:)

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. SargeFIN

SargeFIN New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Finally got my hands on this pack and cars feel absolutely fantastic :)
    I got one problem though and I'm not sure if its my graphic card drivers or is this a bug but my Audi cockpit seems to be messed up graphically. Rev meter is all messed up and all the gauges and dash also. Graphic card is GTX970. I cannot remember my graphic card driver version and cannot look because I'm currently at work but is someone else having the same problem? I have to check graphic card driver update when I get home. Nissan and Ford cockpits are ok graphically.

4. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    hm, maybe it was removed to reduce the Pack-Price as the livery is (instead of the number) the same. But you don't have it in your livery-Selection in game? Seems that @heppsan still have it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. mister dog

mister dog Active Member

Ratings:
    +38 / 0 / -0
    You mean like this?:
    https://forum.sector3studios.com/index.php?threads/formula-junior-motec-display-does-not-load.5010/

I'm on a GTX960 by the way.

6. JyriK

JyriK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    With the same card I had that messed up Audi cockpit appear once, but only once so far.

7. SargeFIN

SargeFIN New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
  8. mister dog

mister dog Active Member

Ratings:
    +38 / 0 / -0
    I suspect it might be related though, just a case of the dash not loading properly. Not sure updating GPU drivers would fix that as it seems inherent to the game.

9. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Couldn't resist to buy the pack after some testdrive (Nissan convinced me)...and despite my former experience I find the (updated) Quattro very cool to drive - before it simply appeared wrong to me (also in reference to the maneuvres I saw while racing online that time - just ridiculous), might have been fun to drive sideways that way but, come on, it's a GTO Quattro, not a WRC or a Group B S1...:rolleyes:
    I also have that dashboard gfx error (Quattro) but guess there will be a fix for it cause before it looked normal...

10. Karsten Borchers

Karsten Borchers KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +255 / 0 / -0
    Could those of you who experience this Audi cockpit error, please post a screenshot?

11. Blanes

Blanes Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +188 / 0 / -0
    No dash errors here ... verify game files maybe ? Absolutely love the 300zx and it drives superbly, just soften the rear ARB a click to settle the tail and some finesse on the throttle. Great cars and agree we should be allowed to access all liveries.

12. digitizer

digitizer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +117 / 0 / -0
    300zx is my favorite in GTO class. Just need a lot of practice. I'm need some cofe break after hard qualification session is ended and then Rock-n-Roll :)

13. richlevy2003

richlevy2003 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +87 / 0 / -0
    Mustang at mid ohio, very nice combo. After exclusively using the frj since their release, I had to do a couple races at mid Ohio with the group5 cars to get back in the swing. Did the purchase after that, for some reason I was not impressed with the handling of the demo cars at the raceroom racetrack. They feel much different after the purchase, I can see myself driving any of these cars, they are all fun cars and handle so differently.

On another note, I am completely with those that mention they are looking to see new features and tracks before more car content. These are the kind of cars I'd prefer to race in rare , this is the Era of racing I grew up with.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    @Karsten Borchers
    Weird ! I had it yesterday in testdrive mode with the Quattro at RR Bridge and just tried to replicate it both online and offline (Single Race & Practice) with all three Quattros...but NADA !...nothing...:eek:
    Had it a few times with the GTR 3 SLS AMG (63) at Nordschleife VLN online as well....the dash looks blurred & pixilated like simple gfx from 20 Years ago...so sry no screenshot available....*big questionmark*

15. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    After reading a lot in the Forum it looks like that the simplified Cockpit/Dash is loaded which is used in the opponents cars and is not restricted to the GTO's but came up with the last Update or with new nVidia-Drivers?! @mister dog and @SVG BIOSPORT has posted screens from that and Somewhere was another but can't find it anymore.

I haven't seen it my self ingame, but maybe it is only related to nVidia-Users? Or only when in Graphic-Settings the option "Opponent Cockpits" is set to "On", which is Off in my settings?

• Like Like x 1
  16. digitizer

digitizer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +117 / 0 / -0
    I have switched on "Opponent Cockpits" and never see this bug, but i'm with AMD graphic cards

17. Karsten Borchers

Karsten Borchers KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +255 / 0 / -0
    I had a go at reproducing the bug earlier but couldnt. Tried different shader quality settings, with and without opponent cockpit on, and with and without AI in the mix. I couldnt reproduce.
    And Im a nVidia GTX 970 user. 364.51 drivers (yea I know, not the latest)

• Like Like x 1
  18. coolcool

coolcool Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +163 / 0 / -0
    This isn't a compliment.
    Raceroom is a part of my life.:)
    Great work Sector3;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  19. higsy

higsy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +123 / 0 / -0
    What a great car pack. I've only been driving rr for a few months now and slowly getting better , but man that Nissan is hard to drive !! I had ai set at 105 and was well back. Switched to the audition and after a few laps I was battling and passing. For a newbie it felt great. Laguna Seca is a fun track and I tell ya it's nice to feel the audi dig it to the corners and you really feel you can give it extra when you need it for a pass.
    Kudos S3 !!!!:D:D

• Like Like x 4
  20. Kostadin Kostadinov

Kostadin Kostadinov Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +84 / 0 / -0
    Wow, I didn't expect to be so happy with these cars. Each has such a different character, still they do roughly the same lap times. The kid did go early to bed and I stayed until 1:30 AM enjoying the masterpieces you've made - Thank you Sector 3!

One small question, is there a way to adjust the boost pressure? I noticed in the Nissan it only goes up to 10 out of 30 possible, and everybody says what a monster it is - while I don't find it such a handful, maybe I'm missing something ? Still the lap-times are the same as the other two cars, so I can't imagine if this thing has more boost to offer.

• Like Like x 2