Released GTO Car Pack

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by RaceRoom, Apr 20, 2016.

1. DoctorFrazierCrane

DoctorFrazierCrane Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +65 / 0 / -0
    I uninstalled AC 3 weeks ago along with Nascar Season 2003, GTR2 and rFactor. All I play now is Automobilista, Stock Car Extreme, rFactor 2 and this.

Although currently spending far too much time in Fable Anniversary :)

• Like Like x 2
  2. tcb77

tcb77 Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    After so much publicity that you did, I could not stand the temptation and bought the pack. I was holding my scarce vrps to buy Nordschleife in the next promotion. Your fault, but it was worth it .... It's too good!!!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. mmaruda

mmaruda Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +95 / 0 / -0
    I dumped rFactor 2 last week - they do have great physics, but as an early access / alpha day 1 customer, I feel screwed over, there was so much promise there, and they never delivered. Automobilista is something I still have to try, but my main problem is, with Raceroom at it's current state, anything else feels like time wasted. Some people want graphics, others the best realism and tire model, I understand that, but at this point what matters to me is immersion and fun - and here Raceroom is king.

It's actually funny - I tried Raceroom when it released and utterly hated it. Then I got Assetto Corsa and felt it was the best sim ever and at some point when we raced online with some friends, a few guys said good things about Raceroom and I couldn't believe what I heard. A few months late I tried the game, and was astonished how much it has changed. In a way, Assetto Corsa got me to fall in love with Raceroom and Raceroom got me to completely not care about Assetto.

You know what Raceroom also got me doing? Loving the '90 Mustang. I never felt like the car was a true bearer of it's legacy, it did not even looked like American muscle to me at first, but with the 1992 DTM pack I fell in love and the IMSA pack just brings a whole new dimension of crazy fun with it. The car is actually in the latest Need For Speed (my guilty pleasure) and guess what I've been driving there with a passion? :)

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. MsportDan

MsportDan Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yep for me ams rre and a little ac are my too Sims.

Rf2 still feels like a physics tech demo I play for a night with a new update then doesn't see the light of day until the next update... Feels like a dying sim. Such a shame. What wasted potential

It does however have the greatest ai. But it seems wasted with Isi

• Agree Agree x 4
  5. kingtin

kingtin New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I have had very low resolution dashboards load in a few different cars, iirc. Definitely the Audi GTO during a test drive yesterday. It seems random and very rare. I use AMD - HD6870. "Opponent cockpits" is off.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2016
  6. kingtin

kingtin New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    @Karsten Borchers
    Test drove the GTO NIssan now and had the low-res dash:

[​IMG]

Maybe it's testing cars that I've never driven before? I did buy the GTO pack, so do own the car (just never driven it).

Tried the R18, which I don't own but have tested before and dash was normal.

7. Karsten Borchers

Karsten Borchers KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +255 / 0 / -0
    Thx Kingtin

Yea its loading the lo-poly (when you look at the cockpit from outside the car) aswell as the hipoly.
    You might just solve it by shutting the game down, and fire it up again. Not a fix ofcourse, but a work around for now.

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. kingtin

kingtin New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Yes, thanks. Sorry, I forgot to mention that if I test drive the car again immediately the normal dash is loaded :)

9. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Been through replay's but must have happened in quali, was being followed at the time and did ask if they saw what happened but got no reply (think they were French).
    As for the parking in the pitlane, that's a new one on me. o_O

10. Sven Blumenthal

Sven Blumenthal Active Member

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    Didn't bought the pack so far but also bought the Audi long time ago. But I can choose between #3 and #4 when I take the Audi.
    Just tested it.

11. Yevgeny Lazorenko

Yevgeny Lazorenko Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +793 / 0 / -0
    Ok, thanks, looks like I am missed something.

12. digitizer

digitizer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +117 / 0 / -0
    I bought Audi earlier and then GTO pack. And i can't choose #4 (only 3 liveries appear on the screen for choice)

13. Sven Blumenthal

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    Well that's strange. Did you also bought both liveries when you bought the Audi earlier ?

14. digitizer

digitizer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +117 / 0 / -0
    No, only one. But if i go to the shop, i see only 3 liveries and i have them all
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 23, 2016
  15. Sven Blumenthal

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    I think you already gave the answer about your missing #4 livery. For all who also bought before the #4 livery they will still have it. That means that the #4 livery is unique now :cool:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. mister dog

mister dog Active Member

Ratings:
    +38 / 0 / -0

• Like Like x 8
  17. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475 / 0 / -0
    These cars are awesome. They sound so good! And that's compared to already great R3E cars. They are a joy to drive...just challenging enough to not feel ridiculously overdifficult.

They are making me step up my heeltoe game. What works just fine in DTM 92 will have you spinning the rear around in these cars.

Fantastic.

• Agree Agree x 3
  18. J-F Chardon

J-F Chardon KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +5,041 / 0 / -0
    Just to confirm with you guys: back in the days there were "sister" liveries in the shop where only the number changed. That was even before the unification of liveries prices to 49, so you had cases where you would buy a different number on your car for a whopping 99 vrp.

These sister liveries are gone from the shop now, so it makes more sense like this.

If you had purchased one, you do still own it and can use it online. They are very exclusive now :)

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
  19. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +594 / 0 / -0
    Cheers for the info, although I will add that I like 'sister' liveries on cars, makes a field much more cohesive.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    Couldn't sister liveries be bundled together? In other words: give them away when you purchase the other one. After all, it's only a different number. Doesn't make sense to withdraw them completely.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2