English ESR

Discussion in 'Leagues & Communities' started by ::SKRO::, Jun 17, 2015.

1. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    Couldn't have said it better myself, oh wait I could :D:D:D

I agree ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2016
  2. Sean Kenney

Sean Kenney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    I think there were 4-5 different ones in r2, probably a couple more.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Insaneozzy

Insaneozzy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +242 / 0 / -0
    No it's not, the person in question knows who they are, I'm not going to name anyone.
    The incident you were involved in was separate and affected one other driver, and I'm sure you have discussed and resolved it amicably :)

Agreed John, non of us are pro's, Ive been sim-racing since 98, but it doesn't mean we race without considering the circumstances of the moment, it's obvious that lap1, cold tyres, heavily bunched cars, means CAUTION, don't make moves that you know are extremely risky, but some still do it, it's a 30 minute race too, so it's not like there's not enough time to let things settle down for lap1, then make your move(s). Watch the replay of the incident from my cockpit and tell me it wasn't unavoidable. The fact you were only a car behind, means you had a front row seat so you know where I'm coming from.
    Someone stated prior in the thread "we all know our own abilities and limits" but we still need to consider the abilities and limits of the guys around us, especially when their not as quick and start up front in a reverse grid race, it's common sense, isn't it?
    I had a great battle with Matt towards the end of the race, we swapped positions a few times, but we never made contact, and we're not the top drivers by any stretch, in fact Emilio was in the action too, all maneuvers were clean, and we had a good battle because it was clean.

To not discuss these incidents openly is hiding the issue, the only way to learn to avoid it, is to talk about it. Then we all know whats acceptable and what isn't, after all we're all old enough and smart enough to know it's not directed at anyone with any malice or intent to "point the finger in blame".
    For those of us who have been racing for many years, there is no excuse for making risky moves that we know aren't there in my opinion.

Until someone wrecks it for you by making a risky unnecessary move.

This is the last I will say on the subject.

Cheers all.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. mrSweSin

mrSweSin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +83 / 0 / -0
    . its only when it happens that it feels like shit

5. Genghiz Kahn

Genghiz Kahn Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +116 / 0 / -0
    I for one didn't mind the lap1 chicane incident as I was able to gain a few positions right in the first lap:p

But I all seriousness I do agree with you insaneozzy. I'm always playing it safe and I wait until the grid falls in to the grove in the opening laps, before I start to make passing attempts. But racing is risk if someone including myself sees an opening I'm probably going to try and take. I'm not into causing too much butt hurt but shit happens. My boss is around and brake is over:( or go into this more

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. ::SKRO::

::SKRO:: Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +972 / 0 / -0
    Race 1+2 are finally up! Thanks for the wait guys

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Pastor_Chris

Pastor_Chris Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108 / 0 / -0
    ESR servers are not on in Multiplayer btw

8. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for letting me know. Looks like the update might have caused this. Restarted now

• Like Like x 1
  9. ::SKRO::

Ratings:
    +972 / 0 / -0
    • Love it! Love it! x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Insaneozzy

Ratings:
    +242 / 0 / -0
    Ive lost internet and landline, on my S4 atm, so if im not there Saterday, you know why. As you can gather im one pissed off old bastard right now:mad:

Hopefully it will be fixed asap, like tomorrow

Cheers, The Grumpy Old Ozzy:D

11. Sean Kenney

Sean Kenney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    Bah, At Bathhurst I am faster in the TC car again...think that has been for all races except 1. I am also far more consistent with it. :(

Anyhow, last race of the season!! I put up some leaderboard times, hoping to get into the 2:11:xxx range....somehow.

12. Riverside

Riverside Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +85 / 0 / -0
    Hello gents, checking in from the slow drivers world... Have you guys discussed next series in one of the 147 pages of the thread ;)? I would like to try to race In the next series as a regular.

I also want to join the training series at my current level, pre-rookie available? :cool: Just can't do tomorrow.

Let me know, please, thanks in advance!!

13. Alice Margatroid

Alice Margatroid Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +56 / 0 / -0
    I have been working up on a mini series Idea to fill in the gap between this main series and the next main one.

The main idea is that its a multiclass series with races taking between 25-30 min or so. currently here are the ideas for the class mashups.

Jr Mc series, formula jr as the prototype class, nsu as the gt class, slow, cornering speed that's even between both classes, most of the speed difference comes from weight difference and the amount of drag produced. gt class is very narrow making them much less difficult to pass. great visibility.
    downsides, slow, not the most prolific series. newer content which people might not want to run.

Turing Mc challenge, Dtm 2015 proto, Tc2 as gt (wtcc 2014-15) fun, easy enough to drive mixed with close door to door racing. the gt class is much more stable on corner exit, reasonably fast, but speed differential is kept lower, cars are not used too often and yet are really good fun. reasonable visibility.
    downsides, Drs tech on the dtm cars might not be too popular, aero push exists on faster corners. fwd is kinda hit and miss by the driver.

Prototype gt mini challenge.
    P2 and gt3. reasonably fast, powerful cars, easy enough to drive with a nice mix of cars (such as the daytona prototype), gt3 is not too difficult to pick up, p2 is not too complex to pick up either. more typical mc cars, gt3 is very popular.
    downsides, aeropush is a bit more, especially for p2, speed difference is the highest of the series, gt3 can be controversial over bop.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Riverside

Riverside Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +85 / 0 / -0
    Wow! nice work! I would take either of those as cool multiclass ideas.

I like the first two more because the gt classes are more manageable for me, the Touring Challenge, DTM 2015 / WTCC gets my vote...

15. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    For sure we could do a multi class mini champ ( like 3 races ) between this champ and the start of next one.
    We will look into that for sure thanks for the ideas Will.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Insaneozzy

Ratings:
    +242 / 0 / -0
    Wont be attending the final race @ Bathurst, sorry to my fellow team mates, looks like holy rollers will pick up the wooden spoon.:(

17. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    Same for me. Hockey again gets in the way of the champ. Final game for round 3. We lose we are out, we win we are going to the finals :)

18. Genghiz Kahn

Genghiz Kahn Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +116 / 0 / -0
    HOCKEY!!!!!
    Crikey, that sucks mate. Get your Sheila help ya feel better so you can make the race! ;)

19. Mike Davies

Mike Davies Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +152 / 0 / -0
    Am i okay to join in as a WIld Card for tonights bathurst race? I promised i want bump into the back of you Lazorenko! :p

Seriously though, this is my favorite track and I have good pace on it, so Ill make sure I take it easy. just cruise for fun :)

20. ::SKRO::

Ratings:
    +972 / 0 / -0
    Hey yeah no problem at all joining tonight man!

• Like Like x 1