M1 Procar

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Gopher04, Apr 28, 2016.

1. Gopher04

Gopher04 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    Any idea when we will be getting a physics update for the Procar?

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Cheeseman

Cheeseman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +265 / 0 / -0
    M1 had been updated last year. I rather see S3 focus on other old classes like Group A and GT1 to bring them up to the new standards.

And M1 is really fun to drive.

4. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    AFAIK the both Group A-Classes are the next that will follow in Physics-Update.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Karsten Borchers

Karsten Borchers KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +255 / 0 / -0
    And yes, next physics update of existing content, in line is the Gr A / DTM92's. No schedule, but they are being worked on.
    M1 Procar might receive a further update in the future too, like we basically double updated the GT3's. Bringing the M1 further up to date with the progress we are making.

• Like Like x 7
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  6. rad

rad Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +458 / 0 / -0
    Actually i think Group A cars have best handling out of all cars on old physics, but maybe because of relatively low power and speeds. I will probably miss exiting corners on slides :(

There are other cars that need update more, like GTR1-2-X (i know there will be some shuffling with Xs but Zonda is in Nurburgring Legends DLC, so it would be cool if it would get update). Actually i thought i will mention more cars :p Hillclimb Icons and German Nationals are in game mostly to look good, because even if they got update, they won't be popular, so better if you focus on something else, like V8 Supercars :cool: (or Sebring)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. The Angry Hamster

The Angry Hamster Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +148 / 0 / -0
    Physics updates don't always mean major changes or different handling characteristics, so you have the possibility of having similarly handling cars on the other side of the change ;)

8. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    Unfortunately, @Karsten Borchers keeps making a rod for his own back, when the M1 was updated last year it became my favorite car, then he learned something else on the physics while doing another car which made everything else feel rubbish by comparison, then he did the same on another car/class, and again and again...
    As @Karsten Borchers keeps improving and new content keeps coming out, the list of older content that needs updating with the new techniques keeps getting longer. Then the publisher (RaceRoom entertainment) changes the priority or adds a new priority which moves older content updates further back... Frustrating for everyone, not least @Karsten Borchers and @Marko Hartikainen though, believe me guys, they feel it worse than us.

I call for patience, I know what @Karsten Borchers wants from the physics for all the content in R3E but the road to get there is almost never ending, especially as there is always new content coming and @Karsten Borchers and @Marko Hartikainen are always improving, they will almost certainly never be happy as by the time they finish one set of physics, it's obsolete as they have learned a new technique that makes the next thing even better.

I still love the M1, the difference between how it drives and feels compared to something with the latest physics is unique right now, I'm happy for it to stay like that for the time being, just look at it as a different challenge to master :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    For me, I really enjoy this iterative process. Getting to feel the differences in handling as the guys improve their understanding and implementation of the underlying physics is, IMO one of the unique things Raceroom offers. The game is constantly evolving (which is exactly the intention).

I think the latest crop of updates represent easily the best feel that sim racing has to offer, and the continuing work is an exciting and positive thing :)

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    It's a pity that I can only give one rating as I both "Agree" with and "Like" what you just said. :D