Released Formula RaceRoom Junior

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by KW Studios, Feb 11, 2016.

1. digitizer

digitizer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +117 / 0 / -0
    I think to make custom championship with short versions of the tracks i already have. With FR Jr i'm going to race for 15-30 min, but can't stop and take half day for it :)

2. w4nn13

w4nn13 Active Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    I need more snickers!! Can I have some more cars please!!

3. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    Just finished a 10 round championship with the FJR, and the same AI won 10 of 10 rounds.. .
    Think it was K Mcclark or something like that.

4. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    McClane wooohooo... Die Hard.. you know?.. (John).. McClane.... i think his brother works as an AI in R3E now

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Mue

Mue Active Member

Ratings:
    +33 / 0 / -0
    love it, nice little car

6. Miguel Vallejo

Miguel Vallejo Member

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    I really love this little car , but why only 20 liveries ... ?
    We need grids with 35/40 drivers...
    :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    I guess approx. 20 cars is a standard grid size for this type of class (and most formula classes).

Would be good to have a few more though. All tracks can hold 24 cars so would be good to see all current and upcoming open-wheel classes designed to facilitate that.

• Agree Agree x 4
  8. Blanes

Blanes Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +188 / 0 / -0
    Anyone else notice the cars still hover ridiculously above the road when racing ? The notes for the latest patch seemed to indicate it had been fixed. When you watch the cars from behind it looks like the struts & suspension are fixed too high on the vehicle body which creates a gap between rubber & road. How could the beta testers have possibly miised that !?

9. heppsan

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    It's missing contact shadows on the wheels, as of now there is not support for that in the engine.

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    Oh dear.

11. tpw

tpw Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    I find that strange. The openwheeled FRR2 doesn't appear to hover and presumably operates under the same engine shortcomings. Can the Junior geometry be tweaked, e.g increase the tyre radius or lower the whole model 5cm?

Not trying to be harsh, but they really shouldn't have been released in such an immersion breaking state.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    It's not a model problem. Just look at the replay and you will see that the wheels touch the ground. It simply doesn't look like it because of missing contact shadows and lower resolution for real time shadows.

13. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    Firstly, this has been known for a long time... Do you think they would release it like this if they could fix the problem? That would reflect really poorly on them, so they would obviously fix it if they could. There is something funky in the game engine that is preventing these open wheel cars from being flush with the road surface.

The FR2 as my memory serves, also suffered from the same issue, but was mitigated as much as possible to where it isnt noticeable anymore. That may have just been in testing, but the devs were certainly throwing everything at this issue to resolve it.

I dont notice it at all while driving. I think the people noticing this and claiming it is a major issue are more so going for screenshots, or watching replays from close up external cams. While racing, you will never notice a slight shadow difference near the wheels.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. rad

rad Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +458 / 0 / -0
    Or maybe they don't fix it because it's pointless since they plan to move to Unreal Engine 4 soon? :p

15. tpw

tpw Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    I'm happy that it doesn't affect you nate. When you're as poor a driver as me and spend a lot of time behind other cars, then seeing said cars floating is actually a distraction which is hard to unsee once you notice it. I'm not claiming it's a major issue, but given the generally extraordinarily high visual standard of R3E cars, it seems strange to me that a vehicle would be released with these kind of flaws.

• Agree Agree x 3
  16. Skidmark

Skidmark Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +232 / 0 / -0
    I agree it's hard to unsee once you notice it - especially if it winds you up :) - but personally I don't find it that bad or that much of a distraction at all.

17. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    Well, I spend my fair share of time off track in the armco... So, perhaps that is one of the reasons I dont notice it very much :D

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. heppsan

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    The FR2 has it's wheels really close to the car body so the whole contact shadow covers the wheels as well.

Don't know if it would be possible to make a really thin kontakt shadow that goes out from the FJR body and then expand again under the wheels, if it's not possible to implement more than one contact shadow per car in the current engine?

19. Blanes

Blanes Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +188 / 0 / -0
    It is very noticeable when driving behind other cars and I cannot fail to notice it even from distance. Never saw it before on other open wheeler and never knew it was a known problem. I must have misunderstood because I thought it stated it was fixed in the last patch notes, so the reason why I asked. Very strange - but if that is it, then that really is it. :confused: Does it mean the Tatuus F4 will also have the same effect or can it be remedied like the other Formula car ?

20. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,037 / 0 / -0
    @Blanes
    you can see this as an additional motivation for speedy passing every car in front of you:D. First in race, first to miss this effect.

Until you start lapping them.:eek:

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1