Released Group 5 Class update

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by J-F Chardon, Apr 26, 2016.

1. MsportDan

MsportDan Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    So you make the car setup less stable just to get realism. Im sure thats what real drivers do to their setup!? lol

I know you meant well, but sorry massively disagree.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. JyriK

JyriK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    So it's that time of the month again?

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
  3. Gopher04

Gopher04 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    Who says making the setup less stable gets you realism? you know this to be true? you ever driven any of these cars? how do you know that the cars as they stand right now aren't reproducing realism? why do people think old cars means no grip and very unstable, it's bad enough that some think the GT3 cars have to much grip and we can't drift them, if that's what people want get a console.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    Loosen the car up and it makes it less stable, but also faster. It also requires less steering lock to get the car to turn in, so when the turbo bites it slides more controllably

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    Absolutely nothing wrong with your English, damn sight better than my French, si` :)
    People did complain, plenty in this forum about control, feel and FFB. The other cars i cant comment on, i have them but they dont get chance if i can pick the capri :) Going to be a little pedantic here, but you and your friends are setting the leaderboards alight with super fast times? Thats a shitty horrible question, but if you are finding them that easy and mastered Nords why not, i know i would just to have my name on top.
    Your seeing twitchy, im seeing control. Just because he looks twitchy dosnt for one minute mean it is difficult for him to drive or control, it is simply a well balanced car, controlled thru throttle and steering balance, obviously the setup is contributing to the balance and not to mention the guy in the Zacspeed vid is Peter Zakowski making the capri look very easy to drive, whats in a name? In that 20 min vid i see him screw his gear change up once, pushing the limit but always in control.
    This.

6. Jake Fangio

Jake Fangio Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    This debate is a figure of 8.o_O

7. Tortue G

Tortue G Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Please, not this pre-formated answer :confused:...
    Defaut setups are safe for all the cars in RRRE, and they was before the update too, just the group 5 cars was more challenging and enjoyable for us before the update, that's all that I say... And are the GTO class setups "safe" too?, because now they are the only ones that feels a bit like the previous Group 5 (but less "extrem").
    I know I can explain this 1000 times I can't change your minds, but for sure I'm not the only one to think this...
    Please do not "belittle" peoples that just want to discuss/debate with sarcastic jokes ;)...

Right, what a f*ck*ng horrible question :D!!!
    I already answered this before, no, I'm not a talented pilot, but some of my community are a lot better and think the same ;)...
    I'm not really interested by time, I think more in term of "pleasure", for example, I play with very good DIY hardware (DirectDrive FFB Wheel, self-made pedals and H Shifter, Steptronic sequential shifter, etc...), not for getting quicker but for the "immersion", and "immersion" is that I find that I have lost now with these loved cars...

And nobody complain in our community before the update :p , and Racingfr is far, far, far away to be an "elitist" community :confused:!!
    Yes, we are in agreement for one point : It' subjective :D!!

PS: thanks about my english, but it's a bit long to explain like I really want :oops:!

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: May 5, 2016
  8. oppolo

oppolo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    It's not a setup matter, there is anymore the turbo kick and I can't anymore spin the rear wheels in 2nd gear during changing from 1st to 2nd and we are speaking of cars with 500 600 hp without electronic aids, it really seems to be in amateur mode as others already said. nobody asked for a physic update in this class, the only reason I can think is to make it easier for pad players a class with appeal. people that now are happy, should have been not happy before, but this is not the case so the only word I can suppose is : fanboys, because the disappearance of the turbo kick is only the truth. fortunately I have project cars where the 320 turbo has the turbo boost settable

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Not Lifting Off

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    Or just to make it a nicer\better overall experience when driving a G5.
    Why, i had nothing to compare it too in this game prior to the change. You dont know how bad the current is until it is replaced by better!
    Fanboy, here, me? Behave yourself. This word always pops up when someone likes a game development path and another dosnt, they sit and argue, the guy defending is a fanboy and the other is obviously the voice of reason!!!

I didnt like it at all, at first i thought neutered, sterile, just not as good as it was, no fun anymore. Now i see it totally different, just as much fun in a much more natural and controllable way.
    My opinion.
    No offence intended!

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. DaniloE31

DaniloE31 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +73 / 0 / -0
    C'mon... be serious!
    Would have the K3 back then in real life react the way it did before the patch, i.e. swimming & floating & tricky, the Race Engineer would have been fired within 2 days!
    These were also Endurance cars and won even Le Mans... can you fancy to fight the car 24H long and be the fastest one? If you really think so, I don't think I can add anything to this discussion... :confused:

Just to quotate Carsten Borchers, the Physics of the K3 are now based on concrete telemetry data, so this is for sure (a matter of fact dudes...) the best modelled Gr5 car.
    Well... have fun with it! :D

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  11. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    Damn... what am I doing wrong? So many complains about missing Turbo-Kick and way to stable cars and I ask my self, why do I have to be so careful on throttle and why half the field in Multiplayer crashes within the first lap.

I would agree that Gr5 is a bit easier than before, but IMO thats because of a better feeling for the cars due to better FFB, more detailed feedback from the physics and the bigger turbo-lag on the Turbo-Powered cars. But every aspect that made Gr5 so great is still there and IMO more believable.

@Tortue G: Yepp, the default-Setup is quite safe on all cars, but IMO the Setup on updated cars is way more safer than before. There is alot potential in the setup...

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 2
  12. oppolo

oppolo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    the same from this site if you think it is right that 935 capri 2000rs silvia 320 have anymore any, really any, turbo kick. I have lost any interest for these cars, maybe I'm pushing to buy GTO class for having again some fun...but at this time no way, I follow your advice in the last part of your post

• Like Like x 1
  13. Tortue G

Tortue G Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    OK, Thanks ;)!

I hope that clutch will be fixed soon, actually we can shifting without clutching with Group 5, GTO, Touring Legend, etc... and some class like GT1 still need to activate auto-clutch to not broke the gears, it's not really serious for a simracing game :oops:!

So I think that I said all that I want to say, I will not repeat again and again and I don't change my mind or yours :oops:, I'm still just disappointed and frustrated by these changes, it's not the end of the World but I really loved the Group 5 cars, some disliked my posts, sorry for this, I stop to bothering you :rolleyes:...

14. Pascal Auger

Pascal Auger Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough. Mario Andretti ;)

15. Tuborg

Tuborg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +457 / 0 / -0
    Don't be sorry! This is a forum, we discuss things and have different opinions. I know it's feels bad to receive "dislikes" and "disagrees", but you survived, right? :)

Don't be afraid to say what you think.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  16. Tortue G

Tortue G Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Yes, nice citation, but all is not as simple ;)...
    Sorry, I've said that I shut up, but I retested again some of the cars of the pack on the Nordschleife for one lap or more each.

The feeling with the FFB is really amazing! I can feel with my wheel all the suspension and tires works, that's great!
    And that's the point! With this great feeling, I can feel when we are in curve that the tires are like "chewing gum", they have a very huge amount of grip that look "surrealist", the more I feel that is with Corvette or Monza because the high suspension travel, I think that all the suspension work or car mass transfers are great, but the ultra high grip tire ruin this, it's my sensation...
    For example I tried to braking lately before the left rapid curve after the first rapid section (I don't know the curve name, sorry), and it's not a problem, I can continue to brake hard when I turn, and... it turn... no slip no tire blocking, and I feel perfectly the rights tires in my steering wheel, they grip and grip again :confused: ...
    And they grip everywhere, on road of course, but on the grass too or kerbs too...

I really think that it's a problem with theses tires (if I except the inactive clutch problem), and that's that make the physics wrong :oops:...

And now... I Shut up :D!

PS: Thanks Johnny, I understand perfectly the "disagree", but a bit less the "dislikes" ;), and YES , I will survive (la lala la la lalalalalalaaaa...) :D!!!

• Like Like x 1
  17. Mich Angel

Mich Angel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +216 / 0 / -0
    Some of you think they are in amatuer mode some say you can't spin them on 2nd gear...
    I have no problem doing a long black rubber lines through all gears in this cars, what you are doing with the cars is beyond me or how you set them up... I tried just the other day with the Silvia first of then BMW and so on I spun the tires through all gears until the engine blew I didn't get 50m no problem what so ever!

I don't know how many of you have really tried to to spin the wheels on a 500+´HP racecar with fresh racing slicks in proper temperature and that is set up to go fast not to make donuts, well I have and it is seriously hard usually you get just a short screech, couple meters black rubber lines tops. Then the tires get like glued to the tiremack from heated rubber and the car shoot of like shot from a gun or you stall the engine and there is nothing in between unless you slide the clutch on higher rev to get a smother start... To get it to realy do a donuts with racing slicks, you almost need to be on maxed out rev and release clutch fairly fast and maby more than one try, then asap it go down in rev engine stall or you get shot of in direction nose is pointing.

Things I can agree with is gearboxes are somewhat stranger now but adaptable if you lower the preload on the diff you get more bite power to the wheels.., And revlimit on some car are a bit of but still there is plenty of roar in all of them to make tha hair stand up. You guys realy need to start messing around in the setup on the cars. For IMO they realy done a great job on this cars making them in to proper race cars and not like hipped street racers with to much power and to litle grip that is not race cars.

Then the Auto Clutch in my opinion is not a clutch it meddle in the driving asap the rev go down or you break it engadges that is so wrong, that is a ati-spin/recovery/launch system thingy... I think even if it is auto clutch should not engage unless you change gear then be off 100% until revlimit go close to the engine stall limit then engage again and not one rpm before that and release almost instantly. Or a lot faster if you touch the throtle and more direct than now... Should be able to stall engine even if it is autocluch if you do not apply throttle enough.. But that seem to work same on all cars for now.. IMO :D

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. JyriK

JyriK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    Indeed!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Not Lifting Off

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    Indeed, indeed.
    Sums it up perfectly!

• Like Like x 1
  20. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 0 / -0
    I agree, better recieving a dislike or disagree, than always posting into the void!;)

• Agree Agree x 2