Released Group 5 Class update

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by J-F Chardon, Apr 26, 2016.

1. Blanes

Blanes Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +188 / 0 / -0
    Spot on Jim ... the question of setup is not about realism but configuring the car for the individual driver to get the most out of the car in terms of speed and handling. Back in the early 80's I got to drive a mates 4.2 litre 4-speed stick shift V8 Torana many times and it was quite a handful and you could lay rubber easily :D but it also stuck to the road at speed and gave you confidence to throttle down. Based on that limited experience from way back I cannot agree the Group 5 cars are too easy and have too much grip, not at all [Disclaimer : Brain does get foggy with extended mileage] :eek:

• Like Like x 1
  2. Tortue G

Tortue G Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Ok, yes, racing tire have a good grip, it's a fact, and I don't like in other racing games tires that are slipping in a slow curve at 30kph... But here it seem to be very very much ! it's a magical compound! We can do insane things on the Nordschleife with these tires :oops:... And it's hard to convince me that we can do this with historic cars and huge power...

I asked me something, they putted inside the physics acquired data, so are these data coming from the originals cars from seventies with the original tires?, or are they coming from yet with modern tires and compound?
    It can change everything, it's not the same grip at all :oops:...

3. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    That's what Karsten, one of the physics coders said.

• Like Like x 1
  4. oppolo

oppolo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    so, maybe there is something wrong in my version because here I am at full throttle http://www.speedyshare.com/Tgn3G/2016-05-06-Monza-Circuit-Grand-Prix-2.Vcr

yes, definitely there should be something wrong in my version
    http://www.speedyshare.com/sjNvR/2016-05-06-Monza-Circuit-Grand-Prix-3.Vcr

I too think USA V8 are ok, I'm complain about the beast of turbo cars, I bought this pack because of a thing that now is desapeared, at least in my installation

5. Mich Angel

Mich Angel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +216 / 0 / -0
    Yea something is different that is not how it is for me, this is same car same track for me...
    http://michangel.com/onewebmedia/2016-05-06 Monza Circuit Grand Prix_1.Vcr

6. Tuborg

Tuborg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +455 / 0 / -0
    I don`t think so, i have the same "problem".It is impossible to make a "burn out" from standing still but as soon as i reach some speed i can do it on the first, second and the third gear.

Edit:..and against walls :D

Last edited: May 6, 2016
  7. Mich Angel

Ratings:
    +216 / 0 / -0
    Look at my reply I posted I got no problem losing it from stand still if I floor the throttle it just burns the tires.. I have to be very light footed to get fast off the grid.. or there'll be a donut.. do not... :p

8. Tuborg

Tuborg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +455 / 0 / -0
    That's unfair...

9. rad

rad Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +458 / 0 / -0
    I guess it's related to how clutch is set and whether it's automatic or manual.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Tuborg

Tuborg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +455 / 0 / -0
    No! Tried all cars now and they all act like i said, except the Greenwood and the Monza. I am using h-shift and clutch.

11. Mich Angel

Ratings:
    +216 / 0 / -0
    How is throttle and clutch set up in settings..?
    Mine are Throtle, Break, "sensitivity 0% Clutch 40% clutch bite 4 maby that could help out some?

Edit: deadzoone 0% on all

12. Tuborg

Tuborg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +455 / 0 / -0
    I don't think it has anything to do with settings. The Greenwood and the Dekon works as they should.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Mich Angel

Ratings:
    +216 / 0 / -0
    hmm.. it is strange for there is obviously a difference,...

14. Mich Angel

Ratings:
    +216 / 0 / -0

Hey you might be on to something here with the gearbox and stuff, I might have different setup on the cars and I usually only drive and set it up to fit my style of driving depending on track.... But never testing things like this, it made me notice something really disturbing...

There is no way to stall the engine if you just release the clutch and dont touch the throttle the car doesn't stall it goes very low in rpm but start rolling forward some kinda auto sequential clutch... on the GR 5 cars WTF is that about???

This is new to me and I do not like it at all... starting to get some what lacked out on some recent changes in the game and at the same time love some other even more!?!?! Never had a game that confuse me as much as R3E does, do not know if that is good or bad but I figured this gearbox thingy and the locked differential have to be a patch mistake...
    I hope.. it will get fixed SOON :confused:o_O

15. axxis278

axxis278 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    Hi
    I found something strange on the Zaakspeed #8 : Dashboard and external mirros.
    [​IMG]
    Didn't check all the Gr5 yet, but I used this #8 in champ lately and didn't notice that.
    Settings : 5760x1080 and Full screen

Edit : just tried again, and it's ok now

Last edited: May 11, 2016
  16. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    That's the low-res texture (like used in outside view) being loaded on top of the actual dashboard.
    Had that happen once but couldn't reproduce it. Does it happen every time for you? Did you verify the games cache files?

17. axxis278

axxis278 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    hopefuly just happened once ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    Get it happen quite regular in the Capri, just cycle the view it is then fine.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. The Angry Hamster

The Angry Hamster Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +148 / 0 / -0
    It's happened a few times for me in a variety of cars, the most recent was in the DTM '92 BMW. Reloading/Rejoining the session fixes it. At this point it's so seemingly random in terms of different tracks and cars that whatever is causing it is sure to be exceptionally tricky to track down, unfortunately :(

20. Eisprinzessin

Eisprinzessin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    I drove the Gr5 yesterday. Nice phisics now. The BMW is absolutely amazing to drive.

Unfortunately a race against the KI in Sonoma is barely possible. Avery 2nd lap there is a big crash, because they take the last curve (180°) to tight an crash against the tire piles.

I dont know if it is fixed already, but i had a almost same problem with the GT3 in Lausitz too, where the KI crashes into the tires, taking the last curve back to the oval road.

Is it just me, who has this problems?