Not another penny until...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GregoryLeo, May 12, 2016.

1. GregoryLeo

GregoryLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +360 / 0 / -0
    We get more tracks!!!

I have cars coming out my wazoo. I haven't even touched 3/4 of them.

I love this sim and want to support your business.
    JF said there were a bunch of tracks started that they were going to try and finish. Well? Where are they?

I found myself looking at project cars and saying to myself. "God I'd love to go on some of those tracks" So now I'm seriously considering spending my money else where for some different tracks.

I don't care if they are British, American, Japanese or what ever! . They can be on Mars or Venus for all a care. I want more tracks or I will take my business else where.

This is not a threat, I'm just stating my feelings. I would prefer to support Sector 3 but....

At least give us a preview of what's coming, if there is anything at all in the works.

• Agree x 16
    • Like x 3
    • Dislike x 2
    • Funny x 1
    • Informative x 1
  2. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    Would be very interesting to see whats coming up next track-wise. It seems that the Nordschleife was very Time-Consuming.

As a lot of the cars that where released in the last two month were announced a long time ago it seems that the release of the cars was on hold due to the new Physics-Model. I guess thats the reason that we've seen so many new cars in the last 1,5 month, which where all delivered to us with the March-Update and released step by step.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Rodent

Rodent Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +323 / 0 / -0
    Let's start with the rest of Brands? :)

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 4
  4. m.bohlken

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    Yepp - definitely agree... but please don't let us turn this topic into a new Track-Wishlist-Topic ^^

• Agree Agree x 4
  5. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    Had a few moans about this subject lately. The cars are coming thick and fast but what about the tracks? Nords has been a massive project and the main focus but that's been out a while now (and I'm not a Nords fanatic like most). Must be 5-6 months since Chang was released and even longer since the last track I was genuinely excited about (Spa Francorchamps).

So why the secrecy?

That would be a great start. Would feel like having a whole new circuit. Sector3 have done the hard part already because all the grandstands and majority of the track furniture is around the Indy layout. The missing part of the track is surrounded by woodland and it seems the basic track topography is in the game already. Really hope they make this a reality.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  6. GregoryLeo

Ratings:
    +360 / 0 / -0
    Agreed. I don't want this to turn into a track wish list.
    It would be helpful if as many people as possible could agree or not. The more agreement we have, the more sway we will have over what comes out next.

7. rad

rad Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +458 / 0 / -0
    In past, they were able to release tracks every 2 months or so. Kinda hoped they would announce Silverstone this week as there is Blancpain Endurance race held on weekend.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475 / 0 / -0
    Right now I'm working on Slovakia ring. Then I'll need to revisit Chang, Shanghai and Macau. But even not fully knowing existing stuff, I would love some new, preferably different style tracks.

Plus having digital goodies to look forward too makes life at least 1% sweeter

9. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    I have a sneaky feeling the track is complete, gp and indy but the gp switch hasnt been enabled for whatever reason. Speculation but based on the overlay tracks and their relative id`s Brands GP is there with an id of its own.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    Last edited: May 13, 2016
  10. DirtyriceTX

DirtyriceTX Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +61 / 0 / -0
    Indeed, I passed on the new forumla car. Not only because I want more tracks than cars, but also because I found the rr jr underwhelming just like the new one when compared to the forumla raceroom 2. Which I quite like. But at the end of the day sector 3 has raceroom's hand around it's neck. So if we see any new tracks it will be from countries that people are using raceroom simulators at events. Otherwise I wouldn't hold my breathe.

11. Don Rudi

Don Rudi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +284 / 0 / -0
    We are still missing a couple WTCC tracks, I'd love to see those :)

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Mtze_h3h3

Mtze_h3h3 Active Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    As long as i am not even close to have mastered one of the existing tracks i don't need new ones

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Hannes Wallstedt

Hannes Wallstedt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280 / 0 / -0
    Making tracks takes quite a bit longer than making cars due to the (obviously) different scale.
    I know that JF has been reviewing some of the older unfinished content and while some of it had come a ways into development it, unfortunately, wasn't so finished that we could slap a "for sale"-sticker on it and release it. Especially since the way we make tracks has evolved since the development of RRRE first began.

I'm sure that whenever @J-F Chardon has any news to share on this, you'll definitely hear about it.

• Like Like x 8
    • Informative Informative x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  14. Eisprinzessin

Eisprinzessin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    As i stated in another thread:

There more easy things to make:

Give us different layouts (real ones) for the tracks, we have already. Lausitz, Nürburgring, Red Bull Ring (esp. here the Southern part) and Slovakia for example have a lot of different layouts. I think it should be not so much work to create them.

• Like Like x 2
  15. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    So what's up with Silvetstone? We saw some WIP images in a dev video well before Sachsenring was released but nary a mention since.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. T@X

T@X Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    I'm in, new tracks please.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Rodent

Rodent Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +323 / 0 / -0
    Well hey, that still gives us hope for STCC track rotation. Falkenberg already simulates public sim racing.

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. m.bohlken

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    But not necessarily. A few years ago, before R3E was released, I was helping a friend on an auto show in Bremen (Germany) and Raceroom had a booth there, too. During that Weekend they were using Race07's WTCC-Cars on Brand Hatch GP.

Or look at this from Malaysia: https://www.facebook.com/racexp/?fref=ts

19. GregoryLeo

Ratings:
    +360 / 0 / -0
    I understand that the amount of work it takes to produce a track far exceeds that of a car. And I also suspect that the publishers have a lot of say in what gets done. The tracks you have are great, and the quality is top notch. I don't want that to change. Nordshleif is the cats ass, and I would like more of that quality. Can we please have some hints of what tracks might be coming in the future. It would help our moral a lot.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Gopher04

Gopher04 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    I get your point about us having a shite load of cars now, and yes it would be good to have a few more tracks now, but there are alot of these sort of threads appearing for one reason or another ie
    it's like people are trying some sort of emotional blackmail, just to get attention, it's really quite pathetic if that's what they are trying.

• Agree Agree x 8