Resolved Shadows to low = game crash

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Steve Adams, Mar 31, 2015.

1. Steve Adams

Steve Adams Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    With the latest update (3/31/15) I got the 'Failed to create compiler for effect' error on start-up so I deleted my graphics_options file as suggested and that did allow me to enter the game (hated losing all my video and control settings damnit! Spent a lot of time on those! Grrrr).

But then when I began the task of redoing the video settings, I found I will again get the 'Failed to create compiler for effect' error the second I change the video setting of Shadows from High to Low.

I have to delete the graphics_options file again and will have same problem if I try to change Shadows

I have uploaded my Crash Dump file, but had to change extension from .dmp to .txt as this site would not accept a .dmp file.

Please advise

Attached Files:

2. Best Answer:
    Post #4 by Hannes Wallstedt, Apr 1, 2015 (1 points)
  3. Raz 89

Raz 89 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    same for me, changing certain options makes the game crash, like tire marks, shadows, bloom, lens and maybe some others

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Frank25

Frank25 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +54 / 0 / -0
    I have the same problem. First I noticed a lower framerate after the update. So I tried to reduce the shadow quality to low. At the next start, the game crashed and I had to delete the file "graphics_options.xml". I also noticed, that if I turn "shadow split " to "off" (with shadow quality "high" and car shadows "on") at "Nürburgring DTM" all shadows disappear, at "Hockenheimring DTM" and "Norisring DTM" the shadows don't disappear, but the "shadow split" still works, even though it is turned to "off". With "shadow split" on I have a much lower framerate (45 fps instead of 60 fps).

• Informative Informative x 1
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2015
  5. Hannes Wallstedt

Hannes Wallstedt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280 / 0 / -0
    Best Answer
    Hello,

The crash should now have been patched out.

6. Steve Adams

Steve Adams Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Thanks that fixed the problem for me!