Any plans to add Corvette C7-R?

Dieses Thema im Forum "General Discussion" wurde erstellt von Captain Zero, 17. Mai 2016.

1. Captain Zero

Captain Zero Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    I am a huge fan of Corvette Racing and would love to see a Corvette C7-R in the game.

This set of sentences below (in the square brackets) were left in for content purposes due my changed opinion (see post below ).

Part of original post: [And also wish the sounds on the current 2014 C6 Z06 Corvette that is in game now were changed and extra care is evident in sound selection for the Corvette models. Imho, the current engine and drivetrain sounds are not even close to what the racing Corvettes sound like.]

---- I regret typing the above phrase. As I stated in post below, after further review, I am happy with the sounds of the ADAC GT3 Corvette. Thank you for reading this. I better stop. This is starting to look like a bucket of manure...the more I stir it, the worse it stinks... :)

I am enjoying the game as far ffb, graphics and overall feel of the cars. The R3E experience has been a total blast!

Thank you for your hard work!

Zuletzt bearbeitet: 18. Mai 2016
  2. Arthur Spooner

Arthur Spooner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    I cannot directly speak for the C6.R GT2 in the game because I never heard this one in real life. But if it is anything similar to the old C6.R GT1 or the recent C7.R GTE - I know both of them from seeing them in real life - then the sound is quite good spot on.

Talking about the Callaway Corvette Z06-R GT3 - I have seen and heard this one on several occasions. It really has this not-Corvette-typical sound just like in RRRE. When I heard it for the first time I admit I thought there must be something wrong with it. But all of them had this sound and still have it till today. I assume this comes from the exhaust system. Compared to other GT3s it's quite long and the pipes don't go out to the sides but to the rear of the car.

• Like Like x 1
  3. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    I agree with Arthur, I saw the gt3 corvette several times on the race track and it just sounds like that in reality.
    The C7.R GTE sounds absolutely brutal and loud compared to the Z06-R GT3. Not to mention the Ferrari 458 GTE... loud, louder, 458 GTE.

So yeah, from the races I attended and the cars I heard I can say the R3E sounds are always spot on.
    Don't measure the accuracy of sounds with YouTube videos, they sound "different" in real life most of the time... Unrecorded, unfiltered experience,...

Sure, a video game cannot reproduce the real life sound experience, but r3e comes as close to it as a game can get (at this time).

• Like Like x 1
  4. Captain Zero

Captain Zero Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    Thank you guys again for your input :) I just had to go back in and try the ADAC 15 Corvette and listen to it again. And by golly, it does sound good after all.
    I take back what I stated about the sound not being right. I think what I was trying to say is that during the shifting process the gears arranged as they are, make the car sound as though it is shifting too fast if that makes any sense. But I am very happy with the throaty sound of the Vette. I think the devs are doing an awesome job and I would rather they work new content than to mess around with my soundbite sojourn. :)

I can't wait for the R3E C7. :)

Thanks again!

Zuletzt bearbeitet: 18. Mai 2016