Resolved Dedicated server error

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Beaware, Oct 25, 2015.

1. Racki

Racki Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +131 / 0 / -0
    same issue here on 2 separate server machines. on one machine a reboot solved the issue, the other one is still unable to register, even after uninstalling the server and deleting the settings folder completely.

2. Gerson Malty

Gerson Malty Active Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    Same here. Our servers works for a day or two and than we had error 500. Only thing that work again is restart the dedi app and when it starts I have the registration error and need to wait some time to can get in again... Its really frustrating...

3. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    Same on our server
    image.jpg

Then
    image.jpg

4. ramiboo

ramiboo New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hey guys. I just followed the tutorial and was also struggling to register the DS. I turned off the windows firewall completely and it registered first time. Not sure if you guys are running the Windows Firewall but it seems like the DS install doesn't set the windows firewall up correctly. It may well be unrelated to your issues, but worked for me.

5. kendoslow

kendoslow Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +49 / 0 / -0
    What you may find is that when to try to restart it then the error message appears, but worth a try for sure.

6. kendoslow

Ratings:
    +49 / 0 / -0
    Tried it on both machines, but no joy:(

7. ramiboo

ramiboo New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    You've been doing this longer than me haven't you! ;)

As you say, I stopped it and restarted the DS, now it gives me the Registration Error and the AnnounceServer Error....

8. kendoslow

Ratings:
    +49 / 0 / -0
    Currently I feel a race cancellation coming on:mad:

9. ramiboo

ramiboo New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I did this in the end and set up a new unique phrase. This allowed me to create a server again. I just renamed the Sector3_Studios_AB directory so when the DS started it created a new one.

10. kendoslow

Ratings:
    +49 / 0 / -0
    Here's the rub, you may find that it's a rinse and repeat scenario. I hope not but let's wait and see.

11. ramiboo

ramiboo New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    So, if I issue a Ctrl-C in the dos window to close the DS down properly, (as I didn't the first time) I can start it back up without a problem. So in fact looking ok at the moment, the only thing I've not done is go into he game to see it in the list and try it.

12. kendoslow

Ratings:
    +49 / 0 / -0
    give me the server name and I'll see if I can join

13. Sonat Ozturk

Sonat Ozturk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,012 / 0 / -0
    Hi guys,

Hmm nothing seems to be out of order here. Are you guys still having these errors?

14. Racki

Racki Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +131 / 0 / -0
    Seems OK now

15. kendoslow

Ratings:
    +49 / 0 / -0
    Yes afraid so. I've followed very trick and tip I have found for my server and this has been ongoing with the RD server for almost a month.

16. Sonat Ozturk

Ratings:
    +2,012 / 0 / -0
    Does it just not open the frontend at all?

what do you get if you try localhost:8080 manually on your browser?

17. rad

rad Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +458 / 0 / -0
    Seems to be fine right now.

18. kendoslow

Ratings:
    +49 / 0 / -0
    It all opens but when you register you get the error message and then it says to see log for details. That's what I attached in tje other thread.

19. LTC Mike

LTC Mike Active Member

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    I will have a look at our dedicated host tonight, but the main problem now seems to be not so much, that I couldn't register the server again after a restart, but that after the server's running for a period of 24h at least it starts generating hundreds of errors again and again like you could see in the several screenshots provided above.

Then I have to stop the servers from the browser session - sometimes this generates another error in the browser window - and cancel the command line. Then I have to wait some time before I could restart the command line without getting registration errors.

I will have a look, if I have some logs from the past days or week, to provide them to you. There must be something going on between our hosts and the backend - on whatever part this belongs to (steam?) - that starts to produce a lot of errors after the server is running for a certain time.

And this erratic behaviour is really critical because it pretends to use the dedicated on a solid base to plan events or even provide league racing on a regular basis.

Please take a look on these faulty behaviour of the dedicated, because my community justed dumped pCARS because of its poor multiplayer dedicated server tools and ongoing bugs, and R3E is so much more promising to provide what we like to have for some nice racing - at least we must get a much more stable MP, well and some administration and event evaluation tools would be nice, too ;):cool:.

20. Sonat Ozturk

Ratings:
    +2,012 / 0 / -0
    I received reports that the dedi crashes once after running for a long time, at least once a day.

Is this the behaviour you're experiencing? It runs fine for a period then starts spewing errors until it crashes?