English ESR PUBLIC EVENTS ( Drop-in ) on week-ends

Discussion in 'Leagues & Communities' started by MeMotS, Oct 30, 2015.

1. Gerbuho

Gerbuho Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +264 / 0 / -0
    So, what's up for tonight?

2. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    There is some interest on doing a 45 min DP, but we could make it P2 instead,
    No trak chosen yet, spa could be a lot of fun,
    What track should we do ?
    I think Raceroom raceway would be fun but we would have to put a password on to avoid crashers lol

3. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    Saturday May 21th 9pm EDT (1am GMT->Sat ) on ESR WEST #1.
    Daytona Prototype @ Indianapolis GP ( P/Q/R 15/18/45 minutes races )

Mandatory pit, Tire wear 2x

4. DirtyriceTX

DirtyriceTX Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +61 / 0 / -0
    I'll try to join in, I don't know if i'll last 45min though lol.

5. Bobby Edge

Bobby Edge Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    So who 100% is showing up? The DPs can be very cmpetitive based on my experience. A great balance between all-out pace and also ability to manage tyre wear.

6. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    I am not sure. But i think we got our usual suspect coming. Maybe a bit more since the time slot is usually bringing our champ people. We'll see

• Like Like x 1
  7. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475 / 0 / -0
    Left early when folks started lapping me. I got nailed by someone that forgot to brake on first turn, I'm guessing not an esr member, so already 20 seconds back, started catching up to my fellow backrunner stjernby (sorry for butcher, cant remember exact name but I know him when I see him, good racer and friendly) and then the mistakes started coming as I was pushing on a track I barely know.

Was good to get to know indianapolis better though, learned enough in quali to proceed with race at least, then 10 or so race laps. also good to do ESR again, been awhile. Glad this group is alive and kicking, will try to participate a bit more.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Gerbuho

Ratings:
    +264 / 0 / -0
    Good race señor MeMotS, an honor to share podium with you, again. :D

9. Clapper

Clapper Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +133 / 0 / -0
    We had a scheduled power-outage at the office and I had problems rebooting servers (typical), so I missed this race.

If you guys haven't tried it at the Indy Moto track, give it a shot. I'll be posting a leaderboard entry soon. They had a bug where laps wouldn't post after the Mega Patch.

10. Bobby Edge

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    Same here - I think we may have been taken out by the same guy/same incident. Can't remember the name but they definitely aren't from ESR.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    Had a great race fighting for first half the race then Djakovic who was in first make a single mistake and was then 4 second behind me dropped out.
    The everyone else dropped. Had a good end of race with Jeremy Mook who was catching up all the way to the 3 minute mark where he made a small mistake and i took the win.
    I wish people wouldn't drop after the slightest mistake. We had a solid 12 people grid and only 3 finished.

12. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    wont be making the early race today.
    Maybe the later one.

13. DirtyriceTX

Ratings:
    +61 / 0 / -0
    I have an iracing league race tonight. So i'll be spending a few hours turning left lol.

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. Bobby Edge

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    I stayed as long as possible before I had to meet up with friends. But I completely agree. I was down on some people(not the leaders) by over 40sec after the first lap crash/incident. Managed to mostly eliminate that gap by the first round of pit stops. It's never over - I wish people realized that you may have bad luck / be involved in a crash early on, but over the course of the race it's very likely that those in front of you will also run into bad luck. You won't know unless you stick it out. That's what racing is all about.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    i have had report that Esr west #2 somehow is showing Paul ricard instead of Red bull Ring.

This is how its setup. I will guess the timer continued on and it cycled the track.
    111111.png

16. DirtyriceTX

Ratings:
    +61 / 0 / -0
    How do you guys put the links in your signature. I'm trying with html and it doesn't seem to work :(

17. Bobby Edge

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    Only four people for the first event. Who is planning to race at 9pm EST? Really enjoy the F4 cars, would rather stay in and race if people will be present, but don't want to cancel other plans for nothing ;). Paul Ricard is very challenging with these cars - definitely a patience / smooth mindset needed for the track, not enough front end grip / down force for the low speed and/or decreasing radius corners.

18. rad

rad Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +458 / 0 / -0
    Use BBCode:
    Code:
    [URL='http://www.site.com']Text[/url]

19. ::SKRO::

::SKRO:: Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +972 / 0 / -0
    I also tried my old ballbusting roll call, messaging basically all ESR members that were online playing Raceroom and not.
    I saw online a quite a good amount of drivers on Dtm15 servers so... maybe it's just cause of the Tatuus? Coupled with the fact that today's Sunday?
    As per me not being online it's cause I'm working... :(

20. Gerbuho

Ratings:
    +264 / 0 / -0
    No karts for me thanks.