Problem Error 503 Portal services unavailable

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Nuno Aparicio, May 22, 2016.

1. Nuno Aparicio

Nuno Aparicio New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello,

By some reason im facing the error 503 when i try to open raceroom game.
    I played even today early afternoon without any issues, but im trying for more then 2h now, and i have all the time this error.
    I have already run the check file integrity, but problem persists.
    Any ideas out to solve this issue?

Thanks

2. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    hm, looks like the Servers are responding quite slow at the moment. I'm not in the game at the moment but I'm getting these error-messages while browsing in my profile.
    So there isn't much you can do - just retrying...

3. Nuno Aparicio

Nuno Aparicio New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    More then 24h have passed and problem persists!!!
    What can be the problem? I dont think that only i is having this issue...
    Is there any support line i can call... I m really unhappy with this...

4. m.bohlken

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    hm, I was playing an hour ago without any problems. Have you tried to reboot your router?

5. Nuno Aparicio

Nuno Aparicio New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yes, that was my first thing when i arrive home.
    Is there any IPs (r3e servers) i can make a trace or ping or tcpdump?

6. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +95 / 0 / -0
    I'm mighty p!@#$d atm. Purchased the tt cup tonight and have been trying to get onto rrre for the last hour and keep getting 503 after 503 and then the game crashes my system when I try to exit. I only get limited time to play this and am getting sick of this happening. It has been an issue on and off for a lot of people over a period of time. You seriously need an offline mode! Off to automobilista it is.

7. F1Aussie

Ratings:
    +95 / 0 / -0
    Finally at midnight I got it to work.

8. digitizer

digitizer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +117 / 0 / -0
    I have error 12029 (solved after router reseting)

Last edited: May 28, 2016
  9. F1Aussie

Ratings:
    +95 / 0 / -0
    2 hours to get the 503 error working tonight, frustrated!

10. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    guys tonight i was downloading on steam from my second pc and my wife was on netflix i got this error.
    I paused steam download and it was fine.
    its a connection issue on your end.

11. F1Aussie

Ratings:
    +95 / 0 / -0
    I've had the issue for more than 6 months, and am reasonably sure it is not on my end. It is very random some times the game works, sometimes it doesnt. The last couple of nights it would not work until midnight. The issue has got severely worse since the update almost a week ago. At least before then I could still get on quite quickly. @Sonat Ozturk can you please look into this.

Last edited: May 29, 2016
  12. merlin59

merlin59 Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    No it's not on his end. I have it this morning as well and I played the thing all day yesterday. This could be partly solved by an offline mode. I play completely in single player mode so this gets old very quick.

13. F1Aussie

Ratings:
    +95 / 0 / -0
    Haven't been able to get on all all tonight after trying for hours. Game us very very slow to launch and still asks me to log on everyone o try to start it, once I do the password it tries to run but then throws me back to the login screen again. Now the 503 message is saying to try later as backend services are unavailable.
    Have verified game cache, trying running it from desktop shortcut and through steam. This is the worst it has been for me. It has been this bad only sincere updates last week.

14. Bogues

Bogues New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    is this error 503 ever going to be fixed i have been trying non stop all damn day and i doubt it can be a connection timed out issue non stop for 12 hours... and whats the deal with the other error that says steam id in use error 2209 ?? what does this mean ..

also i am getting concerned about this crap I have bought about 80% of the content to this game and i dont even know where i can see what i own ?? i have all the tracks most of the car packs .. am try every thing to get this crap to work. .. and if i log into the portal ?? web site it doesnt let me switch user? i dont have any other user to switch to ...i even try to test drive a car and it still want to force u log in error 503 ... can someone let me know wtf is going on ?? starting to look like biggest waste of money i ever put on a game .. based on fact it worked for a couple of days ...

15. m.bohlken

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    The 503 is an HTTP-Error that comes up due to a problem between your PC and the Raceroom-Servers, often is something with the router or the ISP. As Raceroom needs a permanent Online-Connection to check and read your profile, Raceroom relies on a stable connection to your PC. Some times the following things help:
    • Resetting your router/Modem
    • deactivating Firewall and Anti-Virus-Software
    • if connected via wlan, try the wired connection
    • if you use a wired connection, try wlan
    • try deactivating local IPv6: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929852
    • check if you are using an IPv6-Internet-Connection: http://test-ipv6.com/
    • if so, maybe you can call your ISP to switch to IPv4

16. Bogues

Bogues New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    all of the above have been tried or do not apply thanx ... i can host multiplayer servers that others can join still but the game it self will not connect i know many others have the problem and have to try a few times to connect but not 300 times...

17. Bogues

Bogues New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    "You may also want to try clearing out the following folder: Documents\My Games\SimBin\RaceRoom Racing Experience\BrowserData"

Finally something that works.. I have looked everywhere deleted a million things and too many other things i would not reccommend anyone to try ... and i didnt see this mention anywhere b4 ... after doing a lot of research i believe my game crashed memory dump maybe a blues screen b4 this started happening ... and not once could i get in ... this info may help someone else so maybe will need to be easier to find.. also i hope that the steam id joining the game will maybe prevent some instances of this. ..

One issue i did not know i had was that i had some previous account made under one of my email address ... that email some how was linked to the steam id even tho every time i was login into the game i had put my new account login i made ... and was only after 1 week that an error started to come up telling me that i had already steam log in id... this seem very strange and i did not know it meant the game was log in with a different login id because as far as i knew i had for the whole week only 1 account.. and log in but i had one that was about a year old.

Also this explained a worry that I had when Iogged into my account and it said i had 0 km driven and no owned content ... as everything i bought ( from clicking in game and purchased thru adding funds to steam converted in to vrm ) while i thought i was log into my only account was actually going to the old account i didnt know that i had . So this is a relief I havent lost all the items.... just a lot of time ...

Thanks Hannes

18. F1Aussie

Ratings:
    +95 / 0 / -0
    Glad you found something that works and have shared it, i will have to try it out.

Cheers