Calculation of vRP at the Store

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sebbl, Apr 2, 2015.

1. Sebbl

Sebbl Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Hi,

just bought a couple of things in the store. When finished I noticed that there were 200vRPs "missing". These are my bought items up to now and if you add up everything there should be 5295vRP left, but as you can see it only says 5095vRP.
    rrre.jpg

So there seems to be some sort of faulty calculation going on in the store, which should be traced!

And of course I want my vRPs back. :p

FYI when I went to check out the calculation was correct. Had 8472vRP left and it said 3177vRP was the total of the items I bought today. 8472 - 3177 = 5295, so up to that point everything seemed to be alright. Maybe that will help you to trace the problem.

Happy Easter!
    Seb

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Sebbl

Sebbl Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Got another thing which might help:

Bought a few cars which were calculated correctly and the vRP went down as shown before buying the content.

Then I put all DTM92 cars + 4 skins in the cart. Shouldve been 565vRP for the cars + 100vRP for the skins.
    The skins now still aren't available but they also weren't charged.
    I have the DTM cars now, but vRP went down from 3032 to 2277. Should've been 3032 - 565vRP = 2467vRP.

So that's not matching up aswell. ;-)

Maybe it even has to do with the slow servers tonight. As you can see I bought content 3 times tonight. 2 times some kind of error message appeared - that were the 2 times were the calculations are wrong.

One time it stated that everything was fine and in that case the vRPs were calculated correctly.

I hope S3S can trace the problems in their backend as I'm probably not the only one to whom this has happened. ;-) I guess a lot of people are buying content over the easterholidays, so there might be a lot of people affected.

3. bogani

bogani New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    I want to buy the european track pack but already own three of the tracks. The only discount I see when adding the track pack to my cart is a few vRP bulk discount??

4. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    You should be discounted for owned content.
    I think it automatically detect what you own.
    So if you go in to the store when you are not logged in the % you get in discount will be different than if you are logged in.

5. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    I'm sure they work it out for you after the weekend.

6. Sebbl

Sebbl Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Well, to be fair, I believe they only stated, that the 50% discount would be for cars and tracks, but not packs.

The European track pack probably now costs the same than before and might now be more expensive than to buy all the tracks one by one. You could add every track from this pack to the cart, look what vRPs it would cost, then add the European track pack and see if the price goes up or down. If it goes up, then youre better off buying the whole content one by one.

That said - to me it seems that this is a completly different topic/issue or whatever you call it as my original post. ;-)

7. rubbaDuck

rubbaDuck Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Wrong calculation here too.

Started with 5.000 vRPs yesterday (from RaceRoom Virtual Store) and bought the following list:

European Tracks Pack - 553
    Hillclimb Pack 615
    Chevrolet Daytona Prototype - 249
    BMW M1 PROCAR - 499
    Radical SR9 - 549
    Mid Ohio - 200
    Suzuka - 250
    Indianapolis - 200
    Sonoma - 250

Should add up to 3.365 but shopping cart showed 3.245. Don't worry about a little discount. :) But after finishing the transaction my account balance went down to 1056. So they charged my 3.946 vRP. Little too much and reduces my available budget for the current sale. :(

I contacted the helpdesk, so we will see.I recommend to everyone... check you transactions!

Last edited: Apr 3, 2015
  8. Sebbl

Sebbl Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    I get the feeling some items get charged twice.

For my first problem that could be Laguna Seca, Indianapolis or Mid Ohio. (200vRP)

For my second problem it could be one of the DTM92 cars (125vRP) + the E30 DTM (65vRP - was discounted probably because I already bought the touring classics E30 before). Adds up to 190vRP which is the amount that was charged to much.

For you @rubbaDuck: The discount shown in cart might be due to some items which you put in "twice". For example HillClimb Pack and Procar Pack both have the BMW M1. So it's correct to get a discount there.

If you started with 5000vRP and have 1056 left that means you were charged 3944vRP instead of 3245vRP. That's a difference of 699vRP. Maybe BMW M1 Procar Pack (499) plus Mid Ohio or Indianapolis (200) got charged twice?

Don't know, but that may be a path worth looking at for the devs.

9. rubbaDuck

rubbaDuck Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    I think the whole price modell is way to complex. Nobody knows what they are really calculating. If even the shopping cart seems not to be able to show consistent calculations....

This might be right. My transactions list shows 495 for Hillclimp Pack. :) The rest of the transactions list matches to the shopping cart prices.

This explains the 3.245. But there is no hint for the other 699 "missing" vRPs. At least the transaction list does not show any duplicates. But this may not mean anything, as it also does not show my 5.000vRP voucher.

Lets see what helpdesk will answer... :)

10. jomigfer

jomigfer New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I have this problem too.
    After buying three items the game made the calculation wrong and took me 200vRP more than it should.
    I guess all these discounts and with the store overload something went wrong.
    Sent a ticket through the helpdesk now it's just a matter of time. :cool:
    No big deal until then i will have fun playing the game. ;)

11. bogani

bogani New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Nah, the European track pack is still discounted like before easter, and is cheaper than to buy than purchasing one by one with the easter sale. 161 vRP per track with the pack.

12. Matt B

Matt B Active Member

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    I remember when packs were first introduced we were told by S3S to only buy 1 pack per store transaction due to discount calculation errors. This will be where you are having discrepancies.

13. Waylan89

Waylan89 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Same problem here, 300 vrp are missing :(

Wait for the helpdesk answer.

14. Sebbl

Sebbl Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
  15. Sonat Ozturk

Sonat Ozturk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,012 / 0 / -0
    Hi guys,

Regarding transaction issues, please submit a ticket to HelpDesk (http://support.raceroomracingexperience.com/) with your R3E account info (email and username) so we can take a look at the transaction logs.

Unfortunately these need to be handled individually so it might take a while to get a respond. This is not something we can solve via forums so it is crucial that you go to our HelpDesk and submit a ticket with as much information as possible.

• Informative Informative x 1
  16. Sebbl

Sebbl Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Well, was just writing the HelpDesk ticket. Logged into my account and the missing 390vRP have already been shuffled back! :)

Thanks for that quick response even without me writing the ticket to helpdesk.

Hope you guys found the reason that caused these problems.;)

17. rubbaDuck

rubbaDuck Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Yes. Issues were fixed fast and stressless. Thanks for that! :)

Is it planned to have any kind of invoicing for R3E? Not that I do not trust Sector3, but in worst case I do not have anything as a proof of purchase currently. No invoice mail, no transaction code or something like this.

• Agree Agree x 1