The Amy Winehouse of Sims

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DoctorFrazierCrane, Jun 7, 2016.

1. hotak

hotak New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    May it be related to pcars having "safer" default setups that should be driveable with a joystick while other sims have more wheel-oriented defaults? Obviously pCars non-scanned version can't perfectly match the other ones, but i find it pretty accurate.
    Also i don't agree with all the praise AC physics gets: IMHO while it trasmits quite good weight transfers, it doesn't really feel as complex as (don't kill me) pCars or RF2, even RRE has a better feeling in non-aero race cars.
    Also from what i read from modders it's tyre model is simpler than other sims one, i think the only thing it does quite good are road cars, and i still prefer pCars for them. I'd say that pCars has the better engine, but AC makes a better use of his one if somehow that makes sense (still need some more playtime in RRE to get a worth opinion on it's physics).

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Bee

Bee Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +45 / 0 / -0
    I own Pcars / R3E / AC / AMS / rF2, they all feel different which i respect. For me, none of the named titles are perfect. I like them all in their own specific way. The downside is that i miss features from an other title when racing so i jump to the other title which misses features from another title so i jump jump, kiss kross. There is too much choice and im too spoiled.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Cheeky, but true.
    Must be thrilled about #Anaconda16 :D

• Funny Funny x 2
  4. Fanapryde

Fanapryde Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    Which is remarkable for me, since I have to drive the Z4 in different ways in the three sims (I have no subscription for iRacing).
    The need to brake earlier has probably more to do with the braking power which is also very different, as is the ABS (if you use it).
    It is -for me - not possible to set the car up the same way in pCars, R3E and AC, which gives the same car a different feel on each track.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. digitizer

digitizer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +117 / 0 / -0
    Yes, different setups its a problem for me. Can find good setup in AC but can't use it in R3E.
    ABS i use sometimes only for long run races to save my tires. I probably have problem with start not with breaking.

Oh, disagree my message about pCars have not laser-scanned version of Nord ? lol
    Cadwell, Snetterton, Oulton Park and Brands Hatch - this 4 tracks only laser-scanned in PC

Last edited: Jun 8, 2016
  6. DirtyriceTX

DirtyriceTX Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +61 / 0 / -0
    I find both the r3e and iracing versions to be pretty accurate. But I agree being on the edge is sketchier in iracing. Some parts in raceroom almost seem lengthened to make them easier to navigate(turns are slightly less sharp). Only in 4 small spots though. I use all of the same braking points in both r3e and iracing. But I feel like iracing ffb and physics do a better job of simulating camber changes and compression. But r3e has that amazing sound and atmosphere.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    She was. Both Hagler and Robinson would have knocked her out and send her flying easily every time they would have reached out.

:D

8. Herbaliza

Herbaliza New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
  9. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 0 / -0
    But she would have drunk them under the table, first Hagler, afterwards Robinson. So underrated in no way.:)

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Wouldn't bet on it, minding the amount of....erm...*painkillers* she had in her system most of the time.

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2016
  11. FunkyChicken

FunkyChicken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +50 / 0 / -0
    As I said it CAN be done in a proper way. It's more a matter of budget, man power, desired accuracy ... and track length! ;) No clue how big the measurable diameter with a fixed tripod is?! maybe 200-300 m? Now, imagine the efforts for a track like the Nords! The post I replied to just sounded like all laser scanned tracks are scanned by rolling vehicles...

12. Herbaliza

Herbaliza New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    its more like 30-80 meter.
    i believe they use stuff like this
    http://www.robotshop.com/en/hokuyo-uxm-30lxh-ewa-scanning-laser-rangefinder.html
    and thats a better high range scanner

13. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    You think men are not drunk when entering the ring, knowing that there will be another guy who will make them eat his fists 45 minutes long, beating the crap out of them and try his best to kill them...? :D You don't dare to do that if you are sober, do you?! LOL

14. JyriK

JyriK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    RRE has been in a rehab many a time, which is nice.

• Funny Funny x 2
  15. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    I ran out of returns, sorry. :)