Question How to download purchased content...

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Dayison, Jun 11, 2016.

1. Dayison

Dayison New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My first go with RRE. I went to the store and purchased a track pack. Went through the process and confirmed the purchase. The browser spun for a while and then went back to the confirm purchase screen with the, confirm purchase button greyed out. I don't see anywhere to download the content. I went through it twice to verify I didn't miss anything and same thing. Going back into the store shows as if I hadn't purchased it. I verified payment was made, so the transaction went through. Can someone please tell me how to download my purchased content?

Thank you in advance!

2. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    There is no download.
    All the content are already in game, buying simply unlocks it.

Try to load up the game and see if you can use the content.
    Check your purchase history and make sure it went through

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Dayison

Dayison New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks, MeMotS. That stands to reason, however the tracks I purchased are not showing as unlocked. I purchased the American Track Pack and none of the included tracks are available. They are still show, Buy Now.

4. Gerbuho

Gerbuho Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +264 / 0 / -0
    Well. there's no download needed. If you have the game installed, you have all the content downloaded (this is so for MP, competitions and test driving). When you buy content you're just unlocking it.

If the purchase was done but you don't find it unlocked you have to submit a ticket at the help desk, they're quick solving purchase issues but most probably you're gonna have to wait till monday for a response.

Cheers.

Edit: Ninjaed! Not fast enough writing in english :(

• Like Like x 1
  5. Dayison

Dayison New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Okay thank you, Gerbuho.

6. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    How about the purchase history
    In the store page top right where it says VRP click the drop down arrow and click on Show transaction history.
    Does it show there ?

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2016
  7. Sdemonnz

Sdemonnz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +83 / 0 / -0
    Having a similar issue.....making a purchase, confirm..little spinny wheel of processing then kicks back to store page without completing the trans-action.
    I'm also getting the "log in screen" for R3E as well - so i'm assuming there's an issue with the R3E server/system at the moment.

To Dayison - Welcome - don't get dis-heartened by this glitch - usually it's click, click, click...and Race!

Chris

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    As @MeMotS says, check your purchase history to see if the transaction is recorded. There is a chance it may not have actually finished checking you out, and therefor may not have went through properly.

Were you trying to buy stuff from within the game? Or did you go to: http://game.raceroom.com/store/ and buy the tracks through there? The website I just linked, is the same as the in-game store, just available via your web browser.

The difference is that the in-game store requires that you have the Steam overlay enabled, as it requires that to finalize the purchase. It goes through Steam in-game, and the overlay allows the Steam checkout process to finish. Further, if it was successful, you should receive an e-mail from Steam telling you how much the purchase was, and that it was successful. If you didnt get an e-mail from Steam, it is likely that the transaction didnt finish.

If your purchase is showing you that it went through and was successful, but you still cannot access the content you bought. I would recommend sending a message to the help desk describing your problem. Helpdesk is here.

Lastly, I would recommend buying some vRp (the currency used in-game) here. That is the RaceRoom store. It offers a slightly better deal if you buy your vRp in bulk. vRp is the same as Euro, so you can figure out how much the savings will be for your own currency. 100 vRp is 1 Euro, 1000 vRp is 10 Euro, 5000 vRp is 50 Euro, etc. If you buy vRp in bulk from this site, it will give you a redeem code you activate in game, and then those credits will be used immediately any time you make a purchase in game, therefor not requiring any payment through the Steam overlay.

Sorry about the hiccup here, but it should be a fairly simple fix to get the purchase to go through. So welcome and enjoy. :)

• Like Like x 1