Problem GT Masters Experience 2015 Crash

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Werner Heinrichs, Jun 13, 2016.

1. Werner Heinrichs

Werner Heinrichs New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Hi everybody,
    I am playing DTM 2015 and GT Masters 2015. DTM 2015 is running fine with all 24 cars. When I change ingame to GT Masters 2015 with some clicks, the game crashes if I load more than 14 cars showing the usual crash dump files. ...So it cannot be a problem of my hardware, it must be a problem of the game! I followed all the help concerning the dump file crashes with no success. Anybody who can help?

2. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    Maybe you can append the Crash-Dump-File here?

3. Werner Heinrichs

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Hi, thank you for reply
    This is the last from this morning

Attached Files:

4. Hannes Wallstedt

Hannes Wallstedt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280 / 0 / -0
    It does look like you are running out of memory.
    It specifically seems to be when the game is trying to record events to the replay.
    You may be able to bypass this by doing the following:
    • Right Click on the game in the steam library.
    • Click "properties."
    • Click "SET LAUNCH OPTIONS..."
    • Enter -disableReplay in the text field.
    • Click Ok.
    • Start the game.
    Also, your understanding of how the game works is lacking. The DTM has 3 different cars, but with several different textures. This means that the game only needs to load 3 different cars and then apply different paintjobs to them. The ADAC however has 7 different cars that the game needs to load and apply paint jobs to, which requires more memory.

You can reduce your memory usage by lowering the following graphical settings:
    • Track Level of Detail
    • Track Texture Quality
    • Car Texture Quality

5. Werner Heinrichs

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Thank you for your suppoert,
    i tried both, reduce graphical settings, which did not help. Success was with disableying the replay function. So I can play the game, but without Replay. That's ok for the moment. I will try to free more memory space. My computer has 16 GB RAM, 3 GB usable.
    Last question: How much RAM should I have?

• Like Like x 1
  6. Paradox Agi

Paradox Agi Active Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    Whay are there only 3 of 16 GB usable? I have 16 GB myself and that's enoght for playing R3E on max with 24 or more cars and running a server and some other stuff in the background. 8 - 16 GB should be enough for the game.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    It's not about the RAM, 16 GB is more than enough. It's about the VRAM of your GPU and in some cases free space on your OS directory (usually your C: drive). If there's not enough space in your system directory, the pagefile system might not work properly and cause problems.

What do you mean by 3 GB usable, what are the other 13 GB doing?

8. Werner Heinrichs

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    This is a screenshot of my computer properties. I don't know where the 13 GB go to

Attached Files:

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  9. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Ahh, you're using a 32bit version of Windows, that's why there's only 3 GB available. And that might indeed also be the cause of the game running out of memory.
    I'd strongly advise you to upgrade to a 64bit version of Windows cause right now your PC can't even make use of that big amount of RAM you've got (32bit systems can use a maximum of 4 GB, 1 GB is reserved for the OS, so everything else has to share these 3 GB). You wouldn't have to lower the settings or deactivate replay recording if your PC could use all that memory.

I assume you've been sold this PC as it is, including the OS?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2016
  10. Paradox Agi

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    I suggest an upgrade to Windows 10, 64 bits. That should solve this problem and is for free. And I doubt this PC was sold with 16 GB RAM AND this 32 bit OS...

11. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Well that's the thing I'm wondering about and to be honest, it wouldn't surprise me. Seen it more than once already and it's just so annoying...

Last edited: Jun 14, 2016
  12. Paradox Agi

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    Really? PC builders are setting up systems with such amounts of RAM and then are installing a 32 bit windows OS? I know, in the past, as 4 GB were often build into PCs, vendors did this. But this is a complete different situation with 16 GB...

13. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Yep, and it's ridiculous, and it should be banned. ;) There might be very rare cases were you want unused RAM, to allocate it to a special task, but for consumers that's pretty much never the case.

It's just another case of "who got the best price", so there are vendors who save a couple bucks, but still want to make their offer sound impressive. And 16 GB of RAM certainly sound more impressive than having a 64bit OS, at least if you're not that experienced with "all this computer stuff". ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Werner Heinrichs

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    It's not the vendors fault. I had a windows crash and before reinstall, I upgraded my hardware. The vendor didn't know about my 32bit version. And I didn't know the difference between 32 and 64bit and what impact that has. I think upgrading to windows 10 is the best solution. Any problems that I should know when updating to windows 10, 64bit?

15. Paradox Agi

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    I have no problems running Windows 10. All my stuff is running as it should, including R3E.

16. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    • Useful Useful x 1
  17. Werner Heinrichs

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 1