Seats

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lost77, Apr 5, 2015.

1. Lost77

Lost77 Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    Having a quick view on some seats, thinking about getting one someday, I wonder if someone could tell me which one these 3 is the more solid, easy to use and takes the less room :

- Playseat Alcantara
    - Fanatec CSL EU
    - Raceroom 3055

2. Drei

Drei Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +82 / 0 / -0
    - Have had a Playseat couple of years ago, it wasnt bad, but i did not like it that much, it was way too complicated to set it to my prefered driving position
    - CSL...how can i say....i would not go for that... http://www.isrtv.com/reviews/csl-seat-by-fanatec-review/
    - Have no experience with Raceroom thingy ( honestly even if i would have, i would lie to you. you know this is the official raceroom forum, so sayin anything bad about their product is - let me say - not a wise idea...probably i would end up in a Reliant Robin racing couple of monster trucks :D).

I would check http://www.gtomegaracing.com/ as well ...

GL

3. Lost77

Lost77 Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the links, yep the CSL does not seem very stable.

4. Leemz

Leemz Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    I've got an Obutto Ozone and like it quite a bit.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2015
  5. Lost77

Lost77 Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    Did not heard about this brands, looks nice thank you.

6. Rik Fast

Rik Fast Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +120 / 0 / -0
    I have setup The GT omega art racing cockpit just this week and was surprises with the overall feel and quality of the cockpit..I am planning to make a review of it in combination with 4 bass shakers and simvibe software. But then again the Raceroom cockpits are 20% discount now with easter so maybe a good buy now.

RS1 seat from rseat is also a quality alternative.

I think that EU or US residents buy a different places because of the shipping cost overseas.

7. Lost77

Lost77 Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    I fell on the rseat rs1 yesterday, looks great too. What "bothers" me most is that I hardly find any test of those in my mother tongue lol. Once I can get rid of the two computer desks and the big mess I have in my play room and knowing that I will stick to one screen (more seems at least funny to me, sorry) i will probably look for something like :

http://obutto.fr/11-obutto-r3volution-siege-de-jeux-et-de-simulation.html

Just to be abble to use keybord and mouse for something else than racing. Things like price will of course be taken into account, I'm not glued to a particular brand (don't know any of them so to say).

8. Sean Kenney

Sean Kenney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    If you are handy, or in my case not handy, you can build something.

check out the show your cockpit area...come incredible diy...and reddit.

9. Rik Fast

Ratings:
    +120 / 0 / -0
    I think that the obutto as an all purpose setup is hard to beat, most racing rigs is the seating to low to game other games. You could build a platform for it but you also need additional desktop space. The obutto can provide this in one go...

I did it different though with one side a regular desktop, monitor keyboard and mouse plus my gaming comp. On the other side a TV with the racing rig on the same computer. [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  10. Sean Kenney

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    nice.

I am putting together my build...it will be entertaining with my skillz level. The main thing for me is I wanted the front and back ends to be separate, so I can do other gaming. I bought a wheel stand as a front end and I am building the back end - seat,keyboard,mouse area. I sort of took some inspiration from the obutto, I bought their Keyboard arm. I am going to install it(whenever it arrives) to a seat base I will make for the reclining car seat I bought....I think it will turn out really well...not too much money, but still expensive.

we'll see what the reality of what I make is...lol

11. Lost77

Lost77 Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    Looks like what I could do now if I seriously tidy my room, table with screen and computer in front, seat facing them, and a little desk on my left with mouse and keybord, that would be a bit less expensive than the obutto. If you could someday tell more about your feeling with the seat ? Ordered it on US UK site ? You can put the gearbox nearly as high as the wheel right ?

If anyone around has a rs1, any feedback ?

Last edited: Apr 6, 2015
  12. Lost77

Lost77 Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

I could try to make something of my own but I often lack patience if it does not go my way...rage man:mad:

13. Sean Kenney

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
  14. Cosmic

Cosmic Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    I have the Obutto as well, very happy with it. I would advise against the Fanatec, I had one and did not like the seat. It has no lumbar support and does not recline. I sold it to a car shop that was going to put it in their waiting room. :)

15. Lost77

Lost77 Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    Now I know I can forget about playseat and csl for sure according to the feedback I have found. Talking about cost the best I would buy now is probably a gtomega art (250 euros less than a rs1), need to order it in the UK they haven't got this model on the french site.
    Thanks again to those who give their feedback.

16. Sean Kenney

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    I have something similar to the wheel stand from omega. Very good....well mine is.

17. Rik Fast

Ratings:
    +120 / 0 / -0
    RS1 setup is in frame very sturdy, and the seat is good if it fits but i didn't like the fixed position. From gt omega you could also go for the PRO it's a also a decent and sturdy rig. For me the PRO was no option because the height of the wheeldeck wasn't adjustable. I needed to fit the cockpit beneath a office table and height adjustment is crucial then.

My short review of the GT Omega ART with caster wheels, i am 1.87m or 6.1 in non metric.

The good from the GT Omega ART:

• Solid frame and i included the 8 lockable caster wheels. And even on locked wheels the cockpit is not movable even if you're pushing.
    • I added the caster wheels for additional chair height also.
    • The chair is in height adjustable, has sliders for front to back and a adjustable angle for the back. The seat is fake leather but beautiful stitched together. It has a firm foam and i wanted that, overall a good seat for the price. The side supports are more then enough but not to much.
    • The base frame and pedal deck is very sturdy.
    • The pedal deck is on 4 positions adjustable (angle)
    • The shifter mount is very solid without wobble and is placeable left/right back/front and low/heigh.
    • The wheel plate is wide and in height adjustable
    • The base frame is adjustable for different heights from persons
    • Very easy to screw on base shakers or butt kickers for simulated motion.

The bad:
    • The side motion (left/right) of the wheel deck is not as sturdy as the rest of the frame. It's of no hinder to driving but it could be better.The front/back is sturdy though.
    • The pedal deck is MDF and can scratch easily.
    • The height adjustment of the chair could be more
    • The angle of the wheeldeck is only minor adjustable

My first impression with the GT Omega art is very good, and Leo from Gt Omega told me that soon there will be the option for a keyboard/mouse tray for this cockpit.

I make a full review of this cockpit with inclusion of 4 base shakers in simvibe chassis mode.

Hope this helps a bit in your decision, but don't exclude other viable options though. I was long torn between the RS1 and this one, but money and how i want to setup my playroom decided that the ART was the better option.

18. Lost77

Lost77 Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    I'm around 1.80 m and also need as much adjustabiity as possible, unlike most people I know, I like to drive with the arms near the wheel and the legs not completely "stretched" and I also will try to put the pedals under the desk to gain room. Will probably buy something like that for keybord and mouse :
    http://www.rueducommerce.fr/m/ps/mpid:MP-4E6D8M7802038#moid:MO-4E6D8M12435559

19. Rik Fast

Ratings:
    +120 / 0 / -0
    I turn my office chair and lay the keyboard on the seat for multiplayer chat, with singleplayer and navigation i use this:

[​IMG]

20. matteman

matteman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +128 / 0 / -0
    IMO, best three seats on the market are, and in no particular order,
    Pagnian Imports - GT Ultimate
    R Seat - RS1
    Obutto - R3volution
    ;)