Controller Profiles

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by KW Studios, Apr 15, 2015.

1. meitza75

meitza75 New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Thx man... I've tried some many ffb settings but for exemple at nordshleife 24h layout my best time barely aproach 8,47 and the AI or some drivers on multiplayer set 8,20 or 8,3...there is no way for me to get that time... I've tried and force my all the best but is practicaly imposible for me to set any best than that. All over the circuit i see how the other cars perform.... In the straits they're flying near me... I have wached them driving in qualifications, there is no other way to drive. Instead the are not forcing at all in the curved sectors, i am pushing a lot compering to them and still no better result. It just seams like diferent classes. I simply don't know way, maybe it is something about aerodinamics, or... Just can't figure it out.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    i hope my settings will help you. maybe just as a base that you can tweak for your needs

3. meitza75

meitza75 New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Just did it last night and today... Unfortunatly the result are pretty the same... I don't know where in the menu to search for a better performance, what else should I changed... For instance did u play gt3 at nordshleife? Have u made any other settings than those? What, s your time on that circuit?

4. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    My best on Nordschleife 24h layout is 8:40 or something like that. Nordschleife VLN is 8:13 my best. I don't know my times for the Nordschleife only. I'm not a fast driver, just average I think. I brake too early in some corners I think and in some parts of the circuit I miss the racing line too much.

To improve your times you should train the racing line.. when you don't hit it right you lose time in every corner, and we all know Nordschleife has many corners.. so it sums up very fast. I learned for corners: slow in, fast out.. but it's not that easy.. and that also is only possible when you get the racing line right. So watch good drivers where they turn in in corners, where the apex' are and where the fast racing line is.

Not the best FFB in the world can help you if you just drive wrong :D I don't know if you do, but I do more than I like. So.. could be a reason.

I did not change much... I just like the rear ARB a bit stiffer. And in the steering menue is change the steering ratio to 20 in GT3 cars.
    I drive the same times in most GT3 cars... but I think I'm best in the RUF RT12R GT3

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2016
  5. Danfilm007

Danfilm007 Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Hi all,

Is it just me or can't I find the setting for changing the Wheel Rotation in game anymore? I can change the wheel rotation animation but not the wheel rotation proper. I remember there used to be a setting, have I missed something? I have a Logitech G29 and I want to change the rotation in game as even though I've changed it in the profiler, I'm rather struggling to get around turns one and two at Monza, lol :p ...

6. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    In the setup menu, steering settings!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Danfilm007

Danfilm007 Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Thank you, I thought it would be obvious! :p

8. meitza75

meitza75 New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Yeas... Your s-o damn right about the apex, in or out of them, I've tried diferent ways, with right speed,for no oversteering or with a lower one with a latter braking and fast come out,diferent ways... Like I've said... I've wached în multiplayer the first one and I saw that he îs not struglin at all i have to force every corner, or just hit it right way... And nothing... I am. Not pretending being a very fast one, but to loose 30 sec/lap... Is way too much... I am. Looking for something between 5-10 sec and some how i will find a way.
    Thank you very much for your help and maybe if you have any other ideas put them here... I can understand that i May not hit the corners în The right moment, but when I see in The long straits the diference... That i cannot understand. Maybe i will post a lap to see the way i am driving

9. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    Nords is a bitch of a track to get right, way too much of everything, track knowledge is the first thing you have understand, the guys you are looking at doing very fast times have put in hours and hours and hours. They have probably been using the same controller for years have it tweaked to their perfection, a car setup that has evolved with them and the track knowledge that comes with all them hours of practice.

If you are new to the track you have eleventy billion things to get right to get a perfect or very fast lap, controller settings, ffb, your setup, learning the track, its not your typical track and being 10,20 or even 30 seconds off the pace isnt a big deal, i wouldnt worry about the fastest times, contoller settings or ffb, if getting a time that your happy with within 5-10 seconds of the faster guys just practice, practice again and then practice some more learn the track and as your learning you find your weak spots where you can improve, shit, i didnt realise i could push that hard there, you know, it comes with time, go to the leaderboards, pick times close to but faster than yours, it`ll come but it wont come overnight and certainly not without a fair bit of practice.
    Good luck.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2016
  10. meitza75

meitza75 New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Thx man... Believe me that I am practicing, over and over, hours and hours again... Finally I will get to a point when I will say that is a pretty good job. I am not that new on this track but what is really new is the fact that I am comparing now my times with the best. I was thinking that I can handle pretty well but like you've said there's much to do about it. I was thinking that the fact of everyone is using the same class car would count very much in races, but no, what you are doing behind that would make the difference, not just you and your skills.

11. Paradox Agi

Paradox Agi Active Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    I have a 'new' profile for the Xbox 360 Controller. It's not completely new but the last thing I have been using a long time now and it is well tested in Multiplayer.

The profile is based on the default one, so load the default profile and change the following values:

• Steering sensitivity 23%
    • Return multiplier 2.5
    • Steering deadzone 7%

I am still using a steering lock of 8 because this is much more accurate than higher values. If you can't get around corners, you are either too fast or on a bad racing line.

I have further noticed that input lag of any kind messes up controls heavily and for whatever reason leads to tires lock up easier when braking, so I suggest the following even for users with other controller devices and wheels:

• connect your device directly to your pc's back usb ports (front can be slower in some cases)
    • disable vsync and play in borderless window mode, so set full screen to off
    • in windowed mode you can achieve absolutely no tearing limiting the fps to about 61 at 60hz monitors.
      (I am using nvidia inspector for that).

For gempad users it can sometimes help to replace a really worn out device with a new one. As my old controller broke (some lose contact with the cable) I bought a new controller, exactly the same model, but it feels much more accurate using mini sticks and triggers. Maybe I have had a special luck with the new device, maybe the 360 gamepad was improved by Microsoft since I bought my old one, I don't know.

I added the profile as a file to this post for the lazy ones, just out it into your <Documents\My Games\SimBin\RaceRoom Racing Experience\UserData\ControlSet> folder and select it inside the game.

Attached Files:

12. Pascal Herbig

Pascal Herbig Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    Can anyone help me out with good settings for the Logitech Driving Force GT?

13. Metalogic

Metalogic Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +234 / 0 / -0
    Okay, have finally got a wheel (Thrustmaster T300 servo base and Leather 28 GT rim) and pedal set (a used set of Fanatec CSR Elite pedals) and after some teething problems, this morning have now got all controller inputs recognised and working.

I've only driven a few laps using this setup and so far I've just been using pretty the default R3E profile for the T300, but I think I need to tweak the wheel settings quite substantially and have some other questions too:

1) What degree of rotation of the wheel should I set for most cars (assuming Silhouettes/GT3/Group 5/DTM etc. cars? 900 degrees, or much less? Or does R3E just set sensible defaults for each car?

2) What steering lock do I need to use for most of the above cars, 14? Something else?

3) In the Thrustmaster control panel, what settings should I set there? I've set FFB strength to 75% for now to avoid putting too much stress on the T300. What other TM Control Panel settings should I use (for Constant, Periodic, Sprint Dampner)?

4) Could someone point me to a good controller profile / FFB settings to use for the current version of R3E with the T300 wheel?

Sorry for all the questions, but it's the first time I've ever owned a wheel for sim racing, so am a complete noob about how to set this up correctly!

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2016
  14. Andy Kettler

Andy Kettler Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,109 / 0 / -0
    1: Use the default wheel rotation. RR uses realistic settings per car. No need to change this.

2: If you are not happy with the steering then change the steering lock only... A few clicks increase or decrease should be enough to get the feeling you want...

3: I don´t have an TM wheel... But i would set the strength on the wheel/driver and ingame to 100 and only change it per FFB multiplier in car setup if needed... Spring should be OFF or 0% in any game you use the wheel... Not needed... And damper too if you ask me... Don´t know anything about the other settings...

4: What about the default profile settings ? Otherwise do we have a lot TM users here tp share settings but I´m sure you will find something to try in this thread...

You should also take a look here: https://forum.sector3studios.com/index.php?threads/ffb-updates.4420/

• Informative Informative x 2
  15. PilotazoPro

PilotazoPro New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I tried your config and got a lot of clipping even when lowering ffb for each car, specially in tight turns or when you went offroad after a bad turn, either way it's quite strong for me too.

Can someone recommend me a profile for G27 while having 100% strength in the profiler ? thanks

Last edited: Jul 25, 2016
  16. Pascal Herbig

Pascal Herbig Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
  17. Gerhard Rautenbach

Gerhard Rautenbach Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    I have a peculiar problem that I noticed the other day.
    Since the last patch, I've done mostly GTR3 cars in our league. My steering is 100%. degrees of rotation etc (my actual wheels rotation going though corners, not the in game wheel as I disable that annoying thing)
    Then the other evening I jumped into the DTM cars at Spa.

Something is off. I haven't changed any settings since our previous championship in the DTM cars, but the steering lock/rotation is off. I barely have to turn the wheel to go through the 1st hairpin at Spa. Im talking like 2cm rotation clockwise. That's very strange as I cannot remember the steering being so sensitive in the DTM cars, not even F1 cars.
    Any idea which setting I need to increase/decrease to make the actual input on my T300rs bigger when turning. Its unrealistic to only turn the wheel 2cm clockwise to go around a tight hairpin like that. Even Eau Rouge I am barely giving any steering input to go through there. Doesn't feel right

Hope you guys understand what I am trying to explain (Sorry, I don't have in game settings pictures with me now)

Last edited: Aug 18, 2016
  18. Gerhard Rautenbach

Gerhard Rautenbach Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Never mind. Seems the issue was the steering sensitivity that was too high for my liking on these cars

19. Felix Azur

Felix Azur Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi @Sector3 :)
    When will we have a fix for vibration using the gamepad xbox one wireless please ?

R3E is the only game simracing not to use vibration with this controller, you will understand that this is a big negative point !?!

Thank's for your answer ;)

20. Dimitris Liakouris

Dimitris Liakouris New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I can't see it.