Experiences T300(RS)

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Don Rudi, Jun 24, 2016.

1. Don Rudi

Don Rudi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +284 / 0 / -0
    Hi,

I'd like to hear a few long term experiences of users of the TM T300RS wheel.
    I had to return two of them to Amazon and I am a little scared of a third attempt.
    Both wheels were from Amazon Warehousedeals, the first one had a broken driveshaft after 3 weeks, the second one lost FFB after 5 minutes. Maybe it was just not a bad idea to get them through warehousedeals?
    What are your experiences?

2. Mtze_h3h3

Mtze_h3h3 Active Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    Have the t300 since 9 months and no problems, it was new via thrustmaster onlineshop.
    Only one thing: After driving a while (ca 20mins, depends on which game) i feel like the force feedback starts to loose a bit of its strength... but maybe its just imagination

• Like Like x 1
  3. skswat

skswat Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    Maybe just feeling because your hands used to strength. :)
    I own T500, I think its not so far from T300 and I have no issue with wheel at all. Rock solid wheel.
    One small issue I had with pedals when they loosing calibration randomly, in middle of race, etc... Fixed by firmware update.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Don Rudi

Ratings:
    +284 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for your input. Then it probably was just bad luck and it is time for number 3 :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Jazz Forsberg

Jazz Forsberg Active Member

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    I'll make sure the wheel is not clipping, there is a tool ingame to monitorize your wheel ffb's forces.

I have too the T300rs and so far so good. I guess you are just having bad luck.

• Like Like x 1
  6. JyriK

JyriK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    One year with T300RS, in pretty heavy use, and no problems here. Your wheel is overheating if it loses strength.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Metalogic

Metalogic Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +234 / 0 / -0
    Does anyone know whether the T300 is considered to be any more reliable than the TX in this regard, or are more recently produced models of both likely to have about the same reliability now? Just asking as the TX Leather Edition package looks sweet, but if anything past reliability issues for the TX seem even worse than the T300..

8. hotak

hotak New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    I have a T300RS since almost 2 years, never got a problem apart some driver issues with windows 10 (but that's software, not the wheel)

• Like Like x 1
  9. Hell-Fiend™

Hell-Fiend™ Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    Honesty i would wait thrustmaster are coming out with the new wheel maybe it is for a good price or the prices will drop

10. Metalogic

Metalogic Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +234 / 0 / -0
    Not until October, or later, from what I've read, if you mean the new Gran Turismo one

11. Rodent

Rodent Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +323 / 0 / -0
    Have had mine for a couple of months now, lovely wheel comming from my G27. Well worth the price, the 599 Ferrari rim pushed me over the edge.

I read about the FFB fade etc. Running the wheel at 75% FFB ( Still quite a bit stronger then the G27 while being much more detailed and responsive ) and with the internal fan always toggled on when the wheel is powered I've never once noticed FFB fade though, are you guys experiencing it running the latest firmware and do you have your internal fan set to auto or always on?

12. Jazz Forsberg

Jazz Forsberg Active Member

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    I have mine set to auto, and no problems at all.
    I just use that mini tool in game to make sure my wheel is not clipping. You should be fine too if you make sure your wheel forces are between the yellow and red lines.

13. s1mm3n

s1mm3n New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Didn´t have any problems yet. Running it for about a little more than over one year. Would I buy it again? - Yes!

The pedals are rubbish in comparison with the t3pa I bought last week.

Both ordered at Amazon (no warehouse-deal), no problems at all.

14. rbn

rbn Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    My T300 is about a year old it still works but something inside broke because it make a slight noise when turning.
    I opened the unit up and the plastic part holding the sensor has broken in two :mad:.
    Its being hold by 1 screw and it still works, but I wouldn't expect it to brake so soon.

15. JyriK

JyriK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    FYI, auto-calibration of my T300 has gone bonkers, and I have to send the wheel base to the shop...

16. Rodent

Rodent Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +323 / 0 / -0
    A small update, my wheel broke down during summer and starting missing shifts and sending ghost inputs but was promptly replaced in a few days no questions asked. Big + for customer service but reliability rumors certainly seem warranted.

17. hotak

hotak New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Had same problem few weeks ago, got a new base in a week, so great costumer service, but reliability issues are real

18. Don Rudi

Ratings:
    +284 / 0 / -0
    Don't scare me guys, I just made my third attempt with a T300 this monday. Hope this one will last longer, though I have a slight hunch, that my too long mounting screws of the Wheelstand Pro miiiiight have contributed to the problems?!

19. Fleskebacon

Fleskebacon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +258 / 0 / -0
    Just got mine today, crossing my fingers it will hold up. Bought it locally, and local laws enforce 5 years warranty for all electronic equipment. If it breaks and I get a replacement unit, the warranty starts over... So I'm not worried about it breaking. ;)

It's a huge improvement over the G27 it replaced. So much smoother, more detailed and stronger FFB. It's quiter as well, I can barely hear the fan, and it's not clunking and clacking like the old G27.

Now all I need is to get some wheel adapters to fit my OMP-wheel and buttons.

• Like Like x 1