Bug Bathurst graphics glitch

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Sdemonnz, Jun 26, 2016.

1. Sdemonnz

Sdemonnz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +83 / 0 / -0
    Hey guys, just wondering if the graphics glitch at Bathurst has been reported, or if anyone else is getting the same thing?
    It occurs after coming off "the Dipper" and just after the right kink - on the left hand side and pretty much in the racing line I'm experiencing a glitch. (It's not a biggy because I know it's there now, but can be a little distracting sometimes) The issue is kind of like a transparent "Blurred" window that you drive through - if that makes sense.

Anyway....keen to know if anyone else has the same thing....
    Chris

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. fl0wf1r3

fl0wf1r3 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +235 / 0 / -0
    I experienced those weird things on the Norisring as well. It happens sometimes on both turns, depending on the line I take. Not every time but sometimes. Yesterday, I have been in Bathurst and didn't see anything like that. Perhaps it depends on the car you are driving?

3. shardshunt

shardshunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    it would help the devs more if u gave more info such as time of day, car, graphics settings, graphics card ect. so they can reproduce the issue.

i have never seen it myself.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Or maybe even a screenshot or video of the issue if that's possible.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. fl0wf1r3

fl0wf1r3 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +235 / 0 / -0
    hopefully I remember this next time I see this :) It didn't bother that much

• Like Like x 1
  6. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 0 / -0
    Coming down Conrod Straight over the little elevation before The Chase the wheels always sink some inches into the tarmak.

upload_2016-6-28_19-37-19.png
    upload_2016-6-28_19-37-36.png

I think it also happens at Pflanzgarten 1 on Nords, at least the splitter sinks into the ground, sorry no screenshot.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Is this the same thing the OP was reporting?

8. fischhaltefolie

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 0 / -0
    Well, I don't think so. I cannot see a transparent "Blurred" window and the "Dipper" was passed about half a mile before.
    I took the chance, to report a glitch i realized, watching some replays. Didn't want to capture this thread at all.

9. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Np, that's not what I was trying to say. Was genuinely asking if there's sth in those I don't see.

10. fischhaltefolie

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 0 / -0
    Your reputation precedes you;)
    No, just sinking in tarmac:)

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Tobias Schröder

Tobias Schröder Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +273 / 0 / -0
    I have noticed multiple blurred "windows" at Bathurst. I won't be home tomorrow but I can post some pics on Thursday.

Edit:
    Nevermind. Can't sleep anyway so I'll make those pics right now.

12. Tobias Schröder

Ratings:
    +273 / 0 / -0
    There you go:

I hope this is the bug the OP described. For me this looks like a blurred window so I think this should be it :)

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Never seen anything like that until now.

Is it always connected to some shadows tho? Cause I noticed that in both instances it happens while/after some shadow hit the cars interior.
    Leads to the follow-up question of what video settings you're using, especially shadow and motion blur settings. And do you use any additional software like nvidia inspector that influences the graphics?
    And is it visible in different camera views as well, like hood or nose cam f.e.?

Anyway, gonna put it in our database to have it checked. Any additional info you can provide would help narrowing down.

Thanks and Cheers

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2016
  14. Tobias Schröder

Ratings:
    +273 / 0 / -0
    Video settings:

20160629103319_1.jpg 20160629103329_1.jpg 20160629103336_1.jpg

Additional Software:
    No, not really. I use Geforce Experience for other games but that program doesn't support R3E.

Visible in different camera views: Yes, it is visible in every camera view.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    Its motion blur, when you go too wide off the track the whole screen gets blurred for a milisecond, posted in another thread previously about the same issue.

• Informative Informative x 1
  16. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    well - I'm not so sure about it, but is it maybe something like the "blur"-Effect when you hit the wall? as this blurring happen very close to the wall maybe that there is something misinterpreted...

• Useful Useful x 1
  17. Sdemonnz

Sdemonnz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +83 / 0 / -0
    Hi Guys, sorry for the late reply to this I havent been able to get near my gaming PC to get my specs/settings - yes the above Video footage posted by Tobias is the glitch I was mentioning.....

I have noticed they are seemingly attached to the "overhanging tree" While I'm running out wide there, I'm not hitting or brushing the wall!

As Tobias has said it's in every camera angle...

Going back - while it's an issue, it's not a biggy - I'm aware of it and it doesnt effect my slow laps at Bathurst, was more just wondering if others had experienced the same thing - Tobias has answered that with a YES! :D

If it can be fixed by the Devs - Great if not it's not the end of my game playing days with R3E.

Once I can get back to my Gaming PC I'll post me settings to see if that helps...
    Thanks for all the replies and thoughts,
    Chris

• Like Like x 1