Customskins in R3E?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Andreas Pierer, Apr 5, 2015.

1. Andreas Pierer

Andreas Pierer Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    Hi,
    Will there be a support for Custom Skins in R3E ? Specially in the WTCC-Series,that would be great!

Greets and happy Eastern!

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  2. Yevgeny Lazorenko

Yevgeny Lazorenko Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +793 / 0 / -0
    Hello.

I believe that this game doesn’t need a Custom Skin feature.
    Let me explain my point of view.

On the one hand, custom skins are the way to express yourself publicly – which is good.
    On the other, majority of players have terrible “creative views” in design and in the sense of what is beautiful and what is ugly.
    I think, if you wish to underline your individuality – get some cool liveries for dollars. They cheap and will give you satisfaction.

Personally, I really like how everything is looking around me. I am talking about Real Motorsport’s atmosphere we have in r3e.

Although, if something custom will be embedding, I’d like to see it in the same sport’s style.

And again I want to emphasize, that current model is very cool. Don’t ruin this feeling of reality with some trivially things.

Always be careful with design.

Love. Race. Peace.

• Agree Agree x 11
    • Like Like x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
  3. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    Agree with @Lazorenko Yevgeny

I kind of like the fact that R3E doesn't support custom skins. This game is all about authentic racing series and I don't think this (plus the sales model) lends itself well to custom skins.

Personally I much prefer real-life liveries and racing against people using them too. Seeing endless Monster Energy and Japanese anime liveries doesn't do it for me.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Andreas Pierer

Andreas Pierer Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    It was indeed only the possibility of Customskins.Wenn does not exist in this R3E , it's ok , this was only a friendly request to Sector3 .

Greets

• Like Like x 1
  5. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    I'm not the biggest Fan of Custom skins, but in some point I think, R3E must have a Custom-Skin-Possibility in the future. Online Racing Leagues need the possibility of Custom-Skins as the Teams are having some real sponsors that want to be presented.If R3E want to be recognized in those ORL's there must be such a feature. Maybe it could be restricted to dedicated Server.

• Agree Agree x 6
  6. Ernie

Ernie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    I get your points about racing against people with really "ugly" fantasy liveries, but however ....... everyone has a different taste.;)

Nevertheless i think that online league racing wouldn't be complete without custom skins. Driving in a league within a team with an own made livery is really enjoying. It gives you a better "relationship" :rolleyes: to the car.

It's just your turn to make the liveries look authentic. ;)
    Here are just 2 examples of my team liveries of leagues which i'm racing in. They are made with the idea behind, that the liveries look like they could exist in real life.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    And i know many many team liveries in leagues, which are really awesome. I'd really miss this personal touch of creativity without custom skin support in R3E.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 4
  7. GeW

GeW Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Sorry, but this question is far more essential than these aesthetical answers suggest. Nobody likes to underline its individuality with custom skins!
    With a simple solution like in GTR or Race07, you might only see the skins that you already installed on your PC. That means you will never see these ridiculous anime oder monster energy skins unless you have not installed them yourself.

With the dedicated server tool, R3E will be a potential simulation for online leagues. Therefore it is essential to support custom skins.
    Most of the simracing teams have real sponsors and they want to represent them on their cars. These teams mostly have professional liveries. Furthermore, nowadays most of these leagues provides online livestreams.

If sector3 will not support custom skins (at least for multiplayer races), they leave the whole field of online simracing leagues to their opponents, because professional leagues and teams rely on their own liveries!!
    That is the real point.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2015
  8. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    Wouldn't a simple way of making sure the "ridiculous" liveries don't make it to the track but still allow custom liveries, be to just have to submit the liveries to Sector3 to be approved?
    Having an editor created by Sector3 complete with it's own "Terms of Service" (or similar) would probably be the easy route for this... for us at least.

9. Karottenrambo

Karottenrambo New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Sector3 could easily integrate a option in the dedicated server settings that allows/forbid custom liveries, once they are integrated. So you could just filter for the "No custom liveries" servers, if you dont want to race against the "xXxNaRuToxXx" liveries.
    Of course, at the moment, the playerbase is small enough as it is, to split them like that makes races with a full field probably even more rare.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Drei

Drei Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +82 / 0 / -0
    I'm not a big fun of custom liveries, but i have to admit that there are lots of quality made ones for other games, which would make the grid more "colorful" (and of course lots of crap as well).

GeW: I think with S3S it is not just about the willing to implement the custom skin option into R3E, but they have to deal with licensing as well. For individual cars i'm sure it wouldn't be a big issue to enable custom livery option, but for the licensed series it is a bit tricky, I'm not sure their contracts allows to include anything else but what they have in real life. Probably Jay could have a couple words about that.

Ronin_GTDave: So they should hire a team just to evaluate all liveries... and my taste is different than your, the one i like probably you will not...i don't think it is feasible... If they implement custom liveries, they have to leave the choice for us, so everybody could decide which one he likes (and download), and which one he doesn't. Also for server admins there should be an option to enable/disable custom liveries on servers.

11. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    Maybe not hire a team but a select group from the community or the Beta testers even, not so much to say yes or no based on aesthetic tastes but just to make sure they are within guidelines set out in the terms of service.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Lachaussette

Lachaussette Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +352 / 0 / -0
    I'm agree to missing customskins if it's to be hurt by stranges visions of ugly paint :)

I like skinning but recents liveries are great!

• Like Like x 1
  13. Ernie

Ernie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    I've read the suggestion anywhere else, but if CustomSkins support is some kind of incompatible to the R3E business model (especially "liveries for sale"), then it could be an option to sell slots for custom liveries. Just similar to selling additional character slots in an MMORPG.
    I'd rather pay for a customskin slot to bring my self-made livery into R3E, than having no customskin support.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  14. Drei

Drei Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +82 / 0 / -0
    actually that sounds as a good idea, it will worth for league racers, and could prevent "trolls" to "design" and use crap...

• Like Like x 1
  15. Jo Ré Ta Po

Jo Ré Ta Po Active Member

Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0
    • Informative Informative x 1
  16. mizz

mizz Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    How did you get the liveries in the game?
    am i missing something?

TIA andi

17. Ernie

Ernie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    These liveries on the screenshots are from Race07, not R3E. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  18. coolcool

coolcool Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +163 / 0 / -0
    Raceroom is the best sim.
    But there is one problem.
    Let we use skin freely, please.
    More Raceroom become popular.
    I want NISSAN GT-R skin.
    Sorry bad English

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. machwebb

machwebb Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +224 / 0 / -0
    We'd just end up with 'Hello Kitty's on a McLaren or something. I mean who would do that?

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2015
  20. XXVI Sol

XXVI Sol Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +104 / 0 / -0
    I enjoy creating liveries very much but imo this feature open all the time isnt sth that matches the authentic racing mentality of this game.
    A custom skin competition every once in a while (once a year or sth) though would be great,
    Would bring some attention and since it would be a competition,the chance of unfitting skins entering the game is eliminated

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1