Problem Steering problem

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by xhavefunx, Jul 9, 2016.

1. xhavefunx

xhavefunx New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello community,

I'm having a problem which is very irritating, it takes away realism. When turning in to corners, i have to turn the wheel alot. In some cases more than 240 degrees. I tried adjusting the FFB multiplier, but it just makes the wheel feel heavier. I've also tried adjusting sensitivity, but this only helps in high speed corners as i just have to give a little input before going straight again.

For example, this video:

Skip to 0:39. The turn he's making there requires a 120 degree turn of the wheel where i would have to steer all the way left. I hope someone can help me. Thanks in advance!

2. Gerbuho

Gerbuho Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +264 / 0 / -0
    It's not a FFB issue. I think it will be best if you tell us what wheel you're using. Surely someone will help you soon. ;)

3. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +95 / 0 / -0
    Have you tinkered with the steering settings in the car set up screen? That works for me.

4. Mz Baker

Mz Baker Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    If you have a Logitech g27 you need the latest march2016 drivers.
    Also have ticked allow game to adjust settings in profiler config

• Like Like x 1
  5. xhavefunx

xhavefunx New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thank you very much sir! This helped!

6. xhavefunx

xhavefunx New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Never mind.. it didn't. I thought it was but the problem is very noticeable with the bmw z4 gtr3. I'm losing hope here

7. xhavefunx

xhavefunx New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Anyone?

8. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,037 / 0 / -0
    Did you reset settings in setup steering in the pit for every car after the last ffb update?

9. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +790 / 0 / -0
    In the setup menu of the car can you post a screen shot of the steering settings , feels to me , that you have too much rotation (in the hardware) with too little steering ...
    i cheat , i over ride everything (not using a logitech) but for gt cars i tend to use 540 degrees and between 15 and 18
    So if your wheel is at 900 and the ingame is 14 or 16 then its too small .......needs to be much higher
    track dependent so i can make the tightest corner without having to let go with one hand and dont scrub the tyres from having an over agressive steering

Andi

10. Andy Blade

Andy Blade Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    One thing i just figured out imo i do not let logitech or windows "allow game to adjust settings " also on my g27 i found that if i put steering sensitivity to 68 feels really good i can now turn cars in 1:1 feeling where as at 50% sensitivety i turn the wheel and car is very slow to respond hope that helps anyone with g27 :)